Are Jets creating space for big free agent signing? - NFL.com

I remember when we played the Titans last season and Haynesworth was lined up at DE and he completly destroyed Feguson and caused a fumble I believe? Don't remember.

But Haynesworth is clearly going to make more money than we have so I'll have to pass.

Yeah that was ugly...

The Jets can spend 15-18 million this year on him... why the hell not... that would be the best Dline in the NFL... re-sign Barton or grab Scott and its the best front 7... plus Revis... grab a #2... and even with Elam back there its one of the best D's in the NFl...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haynesworth and Jenkins would be nasty. But Haynesworth is supposed to get a 6 year 100 mil contract this year. Jenkins would most likely want a pay raise and it would just be crazy.

I'd be quite shocked if his contract surpassed the current highest defensive contract by roughly 30 million.

In '07 Freeney was made the highest paid defensive player with a 6 year $72 million contract, which was surpassed the following year by Jared Allen and his 6 year deal worth $74 million, with $31 in guarantees.

Big Al is gonna get his, but I highly doubt he'll get anything more than $80 and would be the farm that he's not going to come close to $100.

I am not going to get into a political war here, so I'm not going to start naming morons. :)

Jenkins and Haynsworth are two different players.

And for one other note, Albert is best at the 43 while Jenkins NEEDED a switch.

You still haven't given any physical reasons why Haynesworth cannot succeed as a 5 technique. All you've said was that he's best in a 43, which can't be proven until he plays in a 34.

It's purely speculation on everyone's part, but what we can see is how his current skill set transitions well towards playing the 34 DE. Firstly, due to his athleticism for his size he's played DE in his current scheme quite frequently. Secondly, he has the ability to collapse the pocket while undergoing double teams. I don't see how any of this doesn't translate well to a 34 DE.

Archived