Are Jets creating space for big free agent signing? - NFL.com

maybe they are gonna try to get both Ray and Bart

Not likely. What would they do with Harris?

Honestly, we may be looking too far into this. Rex and Tannenbaum obviously have a plan in place here... Lets see how this whole thing actually shakes out before we start to pass judgement. Because, honestly, who knows what these two have up their sleeves???

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love Haynesworth. Having him and Jenkins next to each other would be unfair to other teams. They'd be so dominant it's unbelievable.Doubt it will happen though.

Scott looks like the guy at this point. He's an elite defensive player who's good at everything. Sign that beast already!

Can you imagine? Teams would never be able to run up the middle. QB sneak success ratios would be dismal. FG/XTP blocks!

Right, we should pay Albert Haynesworth 16 million dollars a year. :face:

ABSOLUTELY!

it was just an observation. do you have any better ideas? besides, what's wrong with henderson? if there was a larry fitzgerald available i'd obviously bring him up. but since there's not. henderson averages over 20 yd/r for his career. he's young and terribly fast, got good hands. he would actually compliment our current guys well.

Have you ever seen him play? He has just about the worst hands in the league. He can't catch the F'ing ball.

Fixed. :D

But in regards to all the cuts, the Jets better snag a premiere free agent they covet because the Moore cut will be terrible and without a legitimate reason.

Worst role EVER. It's actually refreshing to speak normally.

For me we need to INVEST this money, that means long term. I don't want a short term "big name" on our roster like we did with Favre. If it's Cassell I'll cry.

Who the **** is Jason Kendall?

BTW,

Albert Haynsworth in the 34? Seriously? :face:

Why not Albert playing a 5 technique end??? At 6'6" 320 he has the perfect size for a 34 DE, he has the ability to not only consistently take on double teams, but continue to get penetration and collapse the pocket in the process.

Since Ryan runs a hybrid defense, he could slide inside when running a 43 and back outside in the 34. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. You have two guys on your defensive line who require constant double teams, which if not given that attention will wreak havoc. If they are doubled than that frees up our OLBs.

I would like to hear the counter-argument for getting him. I'm not saying it's going to happen or if we would shell out 12 a year or whatever, but tell me why he doesn't fit?? When discussing his physical skill set, tell me why it'd be bad for him to play the 5 technique?

Why not Albert playing a 5 technique end??? At 6'6" 320 he has the perfect size for a 34 DE, he has the ability to not only consistently take on double teams, but continue to get penetration and collapse the pocket in the process.

Since Ryan runs a hybrid defense, he could slide inside when running a 43 and back outside in the 34. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. You have two guys on your defensive line who require constant double teams, which if not given that attention will wreak havoc. If they are doubled than that frees up our OLBs.

I would like to hear the counter-argument for getting him. I'm not saying it's going to happen or if we would shell out 12 a year or whatever, but tell me why he doesn't fit?? When discussing his physical skill set, tell me why it'd be bad for him to play the 5 technique?

Exactly!

He would also be able to spell Jenkins at NT from time to time. Haynesworth is one of those system be damned type of players. It does not matter; he will dominate his position.

Exactly!

He would also be able to spell Jenkins at NT from time to time. Haynesworth is one of those system be damned type of players. It does not matter; he will dominate his position.

As Jenkins turned out to be. Can you imagine having both of them? Probably will not happen, but to think it doesn't make sense because Haynesworth is a 4-3 DT is short sighted.

As Jenkins turned out to be. Can you imagine having both of them? Probably will not happen, but to think it doesn't make sense because Haynesworth is a 4-3 DT is short sighted.

Agreed. It's not a likely scenario, but how people can dismiss Haynesworth based on not fitting a system I disagree with.

Honestly, you aren't much of a defensive coach if you can't find a way to use Haynesworth and Jenkins if they were at your disposal. Rex Ryan's system isn't controling gaps, it's shooting gaps and collapsing the pocket with the blitz.

Do you feel the need for negative attention? That comment is just delusional. How would any defense suck worse by adding two of the best defensive players in the NFL?

Albert Haynsworth is out of place in the 34, he would be average, and Ray Lewis is still good, better than Eric Barton yes, but he isn't a game changer anymore. His leadership skills are in Baltimore and Baltimore alone. Once he comes here and misses three tackles a game you'll all be crying in your breast milk. Where players like Thomas, Scott, Johnson & Suggs used to be made better by Lewis' prescense, its now the other way around.

Albert Haynsworth is out of place in the 34, he would be average, and Ray Lewis is still good, better than Eric Barton yes, but he isn't a game changer anymore. His leadership skills are in Baltimore and Baltimore alone. Once he comes here and misses three tackles a game you'll all be crying in your breast milk. Where players like Thomas, Scott, Johnson & Suggs used to be made better by Lewis' prescense, its now the other way around.

How do you know this?

Crying in my breast milk? Haynesworth average? You still have not validated you claim that the D would be worse.

bush_moron.jpg

You dont know who that is? You just call him "face"?

Last year nobody thought Jenkins was a 3-4 DL... what better evidence do you need?

I am not going to get into a political war here, so I'm not going to start naming morons. :)

Jenkins and Haynsworth are two different players.

And for one other note, Albert is best at the 43 while Jenkins NEEDED a switch.

I am not going to get into a political war here, so I'm not going to start naming morons. :)

Jenkins and Haynsworth are two different players.

And for one other note, Albert is best at the 43 while Jenkins NEEDED a switch.

Albert played for a contract and needs a switch as well.

Your right about them being different players... Haynesworth would make a great 3-4 DE... Jenkins is better in the middle... :lol:

Agreed. It's not a likely scenario, but how people can dismiss Haynesworth based on not fitting a system I disagree with.

Honestly, you aren't much of a defensive coach if you can't find a way to use Haynesworth and Jenkins if they were at your disposal. Rex Ryan's system isn't controling gaps, it's shooting gaps and collapsing the pocket with the blitz.

Exactly. Just because a team plays a 3-4 does not automatically mean they play a traditional two gap. I don't want to frighten people who wanted Ryan over Spags strictly because the Jets already ran a 3-4, but the adjustment they will have to make from Mangini's 3-4 to Ryan's will be significant. But it will be for the better.

He'd be awesome to have I can't doubt it. I don't see him wanting to come to a 3-4 team, but even if he did, he'd probably blow our entire budget.

Haynesworth and Jenkins would be nasty. But Haynesworth is supposed to get a 6 year 100 mil contract this year. Jenkins would most likely want a pay raise and it would just be crazy.

I remember when we played the Titans last season and Haynesworth was lined up at DE and he completly destroyed Feguson and caused a fumble I believe? Don't remember.

But Haynesworth is clearly going to make more money than we have so I'll have to pass.

Archived