Cactus: Samardzija's rotation hopes with Cubs dwindle

JetNation

Monday's Cactus League roundup: Bill Hall hit a three-run homer off Samardzija, who gave up five runs in the first inning after getting the first two outs, and the Milwaukee Brewers beat Chicago 9-6.

emailthis.png delicious.gif digg.gif facebook.gif

img.phdo?p=1

More...

Good - he has potential to be a very solid arm. Kick him down to the minors and let him work on a couple of pitches other than his fastball and slider. It would be a nice luxury to keep him out of the bigs and let him develop at a slower pace.

OR put him in the bullpen and let him set up.

Thats actually a fear - that Lou has to keep him up in the show to set-up because he's one of the best out arms. He really needs to develop more.

I never thought he was all that great a prospect to begin with, nice fastball with very little secondary offerings and mediocre (at best) control. More lucky then good last year with his 1.41 WHIP.

Yup, I don't think he's going to be a good starter, doesn't have the secondary stuff that say, Joba Chamberlain has. Bullpen is probably a better option for him.

Yup, I don't think he's going to be a good starter, doesn't have the secondary stuff that say, Joba Chamberlain has. Bullpen is probably a better option for him.

That used to be the knock on Pelfrey when he was struggling........give the kid some time to mature and then we can label him.

Archived