Why wait? Extend Leon!!!

Mo Lew

Teams usually don't take care of extensions this time of year, they're too preoccupied with Free Agency and Draft Preparation. My guess is they'll sit Leon down after the draft and begin to work on a contract then. They'll leave enough in the budget enough to take care of him, no worries there.

If it came down to it.....if Darren Sproles is franchise tag worthy, then Leon is franchise tag worthy.

But really, one thing Tannenbaum has made sure of is that we don't lose anybody we really want to keep to Free Agency. Thomas, Cotchery, Rhodes have all been locked up either before or during their contract season. I'm not that concerned about it to be fully honest.

Teams usually don't take care of extensions this time of year, they're too preoccupied with Free Agency and Draft Preparation. My guess is they'll sit Leon down after the draft and begin to work on a contract then. They'll leave enough in the budget enough to take care of him, no worries there.

I'd think both sides would want to take a good look at what the makeup of the team looks like after the draft before entering into negotiations, too. If TJ's still moping around, and the Jets haven't taken a RB high, Leon's negotiation postion could be a lot stronger. Conversely, if the Jets take a RB at #17, Leon might be more interested in looking at opportunities elsewhere.

If it came down to it.....if Darren Sproles is franchise tag worthy, then Leon is franchise tag worthy.

Neither of them is tagworthy, not that it matters. Barring a CBA extension, Leon is playing for restricted tenders the next two seasons and hasn't made enough getaway money to hold out over it.

Archived