JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A little over 2 hours until the deadline. Your move Montana. God, I hope EY isn't the village idiot, and wins by being killed. In fact, it's hard to imagine Doggin putting a character like that in the first Alt game. Would be so anti-climatic.

Wait, are you saying that the village idiot wins the WHOLE game by getting lynched? What a screwball role.

I highly doubt Doggin would put such a character (or one with such an outcome) in this game. We still have 2 hours. HenrEY is L-1 and Sonny is L-2. Is Montana the only one not casting a vote yet?

Wait, are you saying that the village idiot wins the WHOLE game by getting lynched? What a screwball role.

I highly doubt Doggin would put such a character (or one with such an outcome) in this game. We still have 2 hours. HenrEY is L-1 and Sonny is L-2. Is Montana the only one not casting a vote yet?

Well, since no one wants to listen, I'll vote for myself in 5 minutes.

I'll answer my own question. It's Montana dropping the hammer, or someone switching from Sonny, or Montana and a switch for Sonny.

Vote Count

Sonny LoSpecchio (7) - Lefty Ruggerio, Ace Rothstein, Joe Cabot, Carlito Brigante, Jimmy Conway, Tommy DeVito, Henry Hill

Henry Hill (8) - Marcellus Wallace, Tony Soprano, Vito Corleone, Frank Costello, Al Capone, Virgil Sollozo, Fredo Corleone, Sonny LoSpecchio

With 16 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch

Yes. At worst I break even.

Funny, I was going to say the same thing.

You, Tony, DeVito.

Lets not forget, pre-'meltdown' you had already voted for me. So, your defense of yourself is not in alignment with reality. It's possible that you don't have any idea what you're doing, but I doubt that.

Give me one scenario, with a guy that I've put as my top suspect yet to vote, where I survive today and I'll wait it out.

More WIFOM HenrEY?

Your top suspect drops the hammer, you come up innocent, and the top suspect gets into the crosshairs next day. So the top suspect votes for the other guy to try to avoid any more suspicion. But, if he thought of that, he'd drop the hammer on you and say, "If I was scum, you'd think I still vote for HenrEY knowing he has made me the top suspect?" And it goes on.

See now?

That's how someone explained it earlier (can't recall who). I had never heard of that role before. But I agree, i don't think Doggin put that exact role (one that wins the came upon being killed) in this game.

More WIFOM HenrEY?

Your top suspect drops the hammer, you come up innocent, and the top suspect gets into the crosshairs next day. So the top suspect votes for the other guy to try to avoid any more suspicion. But, if he thought of that, he'd drop the hammer on you and say, "If I was scum, you'd think I still vote for HenrEY knowing he has made me the top suspect?" And it goes on.

See now?

The one with me dead makes a lot more sense as I can't respond.

I see that people are questioning my absence. I'll answer this honestly, luckily for me I've been promoted. I work for a US apparel importer (98% of our manufacturing is abroad). I work specifically in the "imports" department, where we assign Tariff Schedule #'s to all of our items entering the country because all importers pay taxes on whatever the import. US Customs is only #2 to the IRS in revenue for the US Gov't for the General Fund.

Anyways, the other portion that we do is work on pro-trade legislation with other apparel importers. We come together and draft up trade legislation that is then put on capitol hill through our lobbyists. Since my promotion I have been moved more in this direction and to end this summary, I was flown out on Saturday to where we are putting the finishing touches on legislation that would allow man-made fiber ski-jackets with very technical specifications to be allowed to enter the country "duty-free" but that each importer bringing these in would invest 2.5% of the profits to the support or Land and Water conservation. So essentially we reduce our Importing costs from 28.2% per garment to 2.5%. The end result is higher margins for us and lower prices for the end user.

That's where I've been- locked in a room, figuring out the tech specs of what we're pitching to the hill. ON TOP of that I'm signed up for a class to take the Customs Brokerage exam to get my Brokers License which is in october. It's a 20 week, 2 times a week, 6 hours a week class. Don't believe me? Here's the link, I am NOT making this stuff up http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/trade_programs/broker/brokers.xml

I would tell you the name of the company I'm getting training from but if I told you that I think it'd be easy enough for you to figure out who I am.

I see that people are questioning my absence. I'll answer this honestly, luckily for me I've been promoted. I work for a US apparel importer (98% of our manufacturing is abroad). I work specifically in the "imports" department, where we assign Tariff Schedule #'s to all of our items entering the country because all importers pay taxes on whatever the import. US Customs is only #2 to the IRS in revenue for the US Gov't for the General Fund.

Anyways, the other portion that we do is work on pro-trade legislation with other apparel importers. We come together and draft up trade legislation that is then put on capitol hill through our lobbyists. Since my promotion I have been moved more in this direction and to end this summary, I was flown out on Saturday to where we are putting the finishing touches on legislation that would allow man-made fiber ski-jackets with very technical specifications to be allowed to enter the country "duty-free" but that each importer bringing these in would invest 2.5% of the profits to the support or Land and Water conservation. So essentially we reduce our Importing costs from 28.2% per garment to 2.5%. The end result is higher margins for us and lower prices for the end user.

That's where I've been- locked in a room, figuring out the tech specs of what we're pitching to the hill. ON TOP of that I'm signed up for a class to take the Customs Brokerage exam to get my Brokers License which is in october. It's a 20 week, 2 times a week, 6 hours a week class. Don't believe me? Here's the link, I am NOT making this stuff up http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/trade_programs/broker/brokers.xml

I would tell you the name of the company I'm getting training from but if I told you that I think it'd be easy enough for you to figure out who I am.

That's all very interesting, Cubano. But in the time it took you to write that up, you coulda been reviewing and then, you know, contributed.

Congrats on the promotion though.

Back to the game at hand.

Interesting how in the end Henry is flailing about and continually reminding people of the fact that I'm his "top suspect" when before I basically I disappeared all I kept stressing to him was that if him or I die we would get two innocents lynched. That was because at the time I truly believed Henry was a very volatile and emotional player who we've seen in past games that just reacts harshly to being questioned.

As the thread progresses and Henry becomes more questioned it seems his defense is to literally throw things out there and try to get people to believe him. What kind of defense is this? IMO could it be something to the fact that he is scum and his scum buddies said- "You got yourself in this, get yourself out". I don't think this is unreasonable, it becomes a WIFOM scenario, mainly because the scum realize that one of their players is going to die. It is quite possible... that we might be seeing distancing votes in here.

Considering the situation that Henry is in what is the best way for him to help his scum buddies??

To take out another innocent with him, a guy he was ready for from the get go- whoever he was, and take him down as he is about to be done in. To me that is a prototypical scum play, one for one, and you give your scum buddies a perfect target to come after in the next day phase. Then the ratio becomes 2:1 because once we get to the night phase, another innocent dies. At this point I'd keep an eye on votes on Henry because we may find scum in those votes, it could be blatantly obvious because it'd be the perfect distancing.

With that being said-

Vote: Henry

That's all very interesting, Cubano. But in the time it took you to write that up, you coulda been reviewing and then, you know, contributed.

Congrats on the promotion though.

Apparently, you were right. Thanks though, I figured the people involved deserved the explanation.

At this point, no death scene I write will fully capture the flavor of the day, so:

image.php?u=25&dateline=1226583221&type=thumb

Henry Hill (G.O.B.), a roleless townie, has been lynched

Final Vote Count

Sonny LoSpecchio (6) - Lefty Ruggerio, Ace Rothstein, Joe Cabot, Carlito Brigante, Jimmy Conway, Tommy DeVito

Henry Hill (9) - Marcellus Wallace, Tony Soprano, Vito Corleone, Frank Costello, Al Capone, Virgil Sollozo, Fredo Corleone, Sonny LoSpecchio, Henry Hill, Tony Montana

Archived