JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

Day 3 passed rather quickly, as attention centered on Tony Montana. The heat waned for a moment when he offered everyone free ski jackets to let him off the hook, but that only lasted for a bit. And when he didn't show up again, the group knew what they had to do

Tony Montana (Chesapeake Jet), a Mafioso, has been lynched. Night 3 has begun, and will end at 12 noon on Tuesday (or when all night actions have been received)

Final Vote Count:

Tony Montana (8) - Marcellus Wallace, Vito Corleone, Frank Costello, Fredo Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Carlito Brigante, Lefty Ruggerio, Al Capone

Jimmy Conway (1) - Virgil Sollozzo

Sonny LoSpecchio (1) - Tony Soprano

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Day 3 passed rather quickly, as attention centered on Tony Montana. The heat waned for a moment when he offered everyone free ski jackets to let him off the hook, but that only lasted for a bit. And when he didn't show up again, the group knew what they had to do

Tony Montana (Chesapeake Jet), a Mafioso, has been lynched. Night 3 has begun, and will end at 12 noon on Tuesday (or when all night actions have been received)

Final Vote Count:

Tony Montana (8) - Marcellus Wallace, Vito Corleone, Frank Costello, Fredo Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Carlito Brigante, Lefty Ruggerio, Al Capone

Jimmy Conway (1) - Virgil Sollozzo

Sonny LoSpecchio (1) - Tony Soprano

Awesome!

So sonny, you were saying what to me? I told you guys to chill out to wait and see what he was before you gave me crap about it. Or are you just pissed that the wagon was between you and your teammate? After all, doesn't it seem awfully strange to you guys that he is gone for almost 3 days and then just happens to appear after the last vote is cast?

Most notable to me is this. Sonny life preserves against henry hill, but not against tony Montana. That's too much convenience for my liking.

Finally. That's all I've got to say.

I hear what you're saying, Al. It's awesome that we hit scum, but would've really sucked if we hadn't. You'd probably be the guy on the hot seat if this was another miss. We had all weekend to wait to hear from him - and in so doing maybe discussing some other candidates. For now, though, we should probably shut up until the night phase is done.

Finally. That's all I've got to say.

I hear what you're saying, Al. It's awesome that we hit scum, but would've really sucked if we hadn't. You'd probably be the guy on the hot seat if this was another miss. We had all weekend to wait to hear from him - and in so doing maybe discussing some other candidates. For now, though, we should probably shut up until the night phase is done.

Got it. But being gone most of wednesday, and then all of thursday and friday, was I supposed to expect he'd show up again for the holiday weekend? And besides that, look at his posts from the entire game thread, he's never contributed a lick of decent information to this game.

So sonny, you were saying what to me? I told you guys to chill out to wait and see what he was before you gave me crap about it. Or are you just pissed that the wagon was between you and your teammate? After all, doesn't it seem awfully strange to you guys that he is gone for almost 3 days and then just happens to appear after the last vote is cast?

Most notable to me is this. Sonny life preserves against henry hill, but not against tony Montana. That's too much convenience for my liking.

Yes!!! The only downside to this, is that EY is going to make so smart as comment when he makes his cameo.

I wasnt upset with you voting for Tony, because like I said yesterday, I felt good about it. The problem was not giving him time to react.

All water under the bridge now, great job guys!!!

Yes!!! The only downside to this, is that EY is going to make so smart as comment when he makes his cameo.

I wasnt upset with you voting for Tony, because like I said yesterday, I felt good about it. The problem was not giving him time to react.

All water under the bridge now, great job guys!!!

That's fair. I will be more careful about it if I survive the night. Sorry guys.

Sam The Plummer was the big wiseguy in our neck of the woods back in the day so if any of you central Jersey guys need a nom de plum feel free to use it-I was wondering who all these mobsters were posting on the football side-now I get it...err...that is IF there WERE such a thing as the Mafia....gulp (leaving thread...slowly...backing...out....door)

Excellent!

The definitely helps our numbers with 3 scum left. Hopefully the scum can do the town's bidding and take out the cult leader with some luck.

As to the lynch, I was surprised Capone dropped the hammer a little after midnight, but Montana had more than enough time to respond with him being the primary suspect since 10:30ish Thursday morning and did nothing.

Obviously great news that we got scum. Some things about how the day played out worried me a little bit, but in the end we finally got a bad guy and that's good enough for me.

I have some thoughts, but I know we're adhering to a pretty strict "no talking during the night phase" policy in this one and I get it. All I want to say though, in case I turn up dead, is that Lefty is definite scum and needs to go next. If I make it through the night I'll gladly delve into much further detail on the subject, but if not, my reveal of innocence upon death should hopefully compel you all to take this very seriously, regardless of what else may lead you to think otherwise.

Good morning, everyone. Sadly, everyone's favorite stalker is dead, though he just wanted to be loved (by anyone):

Bencopy.jpg

(even more sadly, Jetsrule's avatar has been deleted from both JI and JN, as has the EAD sig, so I had to rely on this messed up picture. Sorry, JR - you deserved better)

Al Capone (Jetsrule128), a Survivor, has been killed.

Day 4 has begun. With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch

Good morning, everyone. Sadly, everyone's favorite stalker is dead, though he just wanted to be loved (by anyone):

What is a "survivor"

Oh.. and vote: Lefty

His switching of votes on Friday night from one train (Sonny) to the other (Tony Montana) reeks of scum throwing in the towel and looking to distance from their teamate. Anyone who has played as scum know this conversation goes on over PM, when to throw in the towel and bus their teammate. I suspect they decided late Friday to get CYA votes in on Tony..

Also FOS Carlito, who quoted all of Lefty's posts, and used Sonny's "spidey sense" as a reason to vote for Tony M. Seemed like a weird way to get to a Tony vote at the time and doesn't look any better knowing his alignment now..

Per reading online, a survivor looks to be an independant player who wins if he is alive when any side acheives their win condition. Which would make sense for the JetsRule128 character..

Thanks for the info, Frank.

And, I already explained my switched vote to Montana. He offered no defense to the train which started 36+ hours earlier. Montana and Sonny were the top of my list. Obviously no one was willing to give Sonny another look when he was waiting in the weeds and posts, as you noticed, 3 minutes after the hammer.

So you're vote is based on my switch to Montana. Fine. I waiting for Cabot's dossier on why he thinks I'm "definately" scum. Interesting since he completely abstained from partaking in the discussion on Montana, only showing up when Montana was L-2 to try to start something up against me.

Hopefully we can refocus on Sonny now.

Vote: Sonny

What is a "survivor"

His switching of votes on Friday night from one train (Sonny) to the other (Tony Montana) reeks of scum throwing in the towel and looking to distance from their teamate. Anyone who has played as scum know this conversation goes on over PM, when to throw in the towel and bus their teammate. I suspect they decided late Friday to get CYA votes in on Tony..

And just to add, Frank. Sonny was not a "train." Only I and 1 other had voted for him. If that was a train, the wheels were broken and it wasn't leaving the station.

Obviously great news that we got scum. Some things about how the day played out worried me a little bit, but in the end we finally got a bad guy and that's good enough for me.

I have some thoughts, but I know we're adhering to a pretty strict "no talking during the night phase" policy in this one and I get it. All I want to say though, in case I turn up dead, is that Lefty is definite scum and needs to go next. If I make it through the night I'll gladly delve into much further detail on the subject, but if not, my reveal of innocence upon death should hopefully compel you all to take this very seriously, regardless of what else may lead you to think otherwise.

I would like to hear your thoughts now. I find this post to be very ironic. Throwing Lefty's name out there before the night phase ended was a strange tactic. If he was innocent, it would make sense for the scum to kill him and set you up.

Just a strange post.

Bencopy.jpg

(even more sadly, Jetsrule's avatar has been deleted from both JI and JN, as has the EAD sig, so I had to rely on this messed up picture. Sorry, JR - you deserved better)

Survivor of what?

What is a "survivor"

Also FOS Carlito, who quoted all of Lefty's posts, and used Sonny's "spidey sense" as a reason to vote for Tony M. Seemed like a weird way to get to a Tony vote at the time and doesn't look any better knowing his alignment now..

Sounds like Lefty is going to be doing some answering this day phase because I got to imagine Joe Cabbot is dropping a vote on him too.

It will be major suck if we let Lefty off the hook day 1 and he has been scum all along. When he was the obvious choice do to his intial reaction to Joe's case.

And just to add, Frank. Sonny was not a "train." Only I and 1 other had voted for him. If that was a train, the wheels were broken and it wasn't leaving the station.

Oh what a tangled web we weave..

Yes, Lefty, when you unvoted Sonny and voted Tony, the vote count was 5-2 BUT ..

when you put the vote in, you made the counts Tony - 3 votes, Sonny 2 votes - which IS an attempt to get a competing wagon started...

Also interesting, that you put down the vote on Sonny, less then an hour after Tony Soprano put down vote #1, which was opportune timing for someone looking to get Tony to survive another day with a competing wagon..

Sequence starts here: http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1277143#post1277143

5:13pm

I liked Sonny as scum before EY's idiocy, so I'm gonna go back to that. TM did offer a legit excuse for his lack of participation, we'll see if that changes.

Vote - Sonny

6:06pm

Vote: Sonny LoSpecchio

My rationale for voting for him yesterday remains the same today. The only thing that took the forcus off of him was the HenrEY fiasco and I don't know if that could lead us anywhere. HenrEY was a roleless innocent that acted like a flake in the end.

I understand the Virgil vs. Montana argument, but I'm not willing to flip that coin right now and let Sonny slip by again. That just bugs me, like when we always hear about these mass murderers who were stopped by police early on, but let go and only later is it learned what had happened.

Oh what a tangled web we weave..

Yes, Lefty, when you unvoted Sonny and voted Tony, the vote count was 5-2 BUT ..

when you put the vote in, you made the counts Tony - 3 votes, Sonny 2 votes - which IS an attempt to get a competing wagon started...

Also interesting, that you put down the vote on Sonny, less then an hour after Tony Soprano put down vote #1, which was opportune timing for someone looking to get Tony to survive another day with a competing wagon..

Sequence starts here: http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1277143#post1277143

5:13pm

6:06pm

You're making a mistake by pursuing this, Frank, and letting Sonny slide once again. I believe that Sonny is scum and that's why I voted him as I did. I was suprised he was not the focus early and did wish to make him the focus, as I believe he should remain. So, yes, I voted for Sonny in the hopes others would vote for him. We all do that. Don't you want others to join you in voting for me?

That said, it wasn't train jumping because no one joined me in staying focused on Sonny, which was fortunate in the end with Montana's demise. But 3 of his scum buddies are out there and 1, I believe, has skated through.

I would like to hear your thoughts now. I find this post to be very ironic. Throwing Lefty's name out there before the night phase ended was a strange tactic. If he was innocent, it would make sense for the scum to kill him and set you up.

Just a strange post.

Survivor of what?

Sounds like Lefty is going to be doing some answering this day phase because I got to imagine Joe Cabbot is dropping a vote on him too.

It will be major suck if we let Lefty off the hook day 1 and he has been scum all along. When he was the obvious choice do to his initial reaction to Joe's case.

Lefty is not innocent, so there was no worry there for me being setup. I also waited until late in the night phase, hoping it wouldn't have any affect on that nights NK target as I was hoping it had already been submitted. I wanted to throw it out there just in case I died simply because we have a shot at taking down scum two days in a row and I wanted to make sure you guys at least gave it serious consideration even if I wasn't here to make the case. Its going to take me a little time to put everything together and with it being the morning of work after the long weekend its going to be a little tougher.

Let me just say for starters, my original point for voting Lefty day 1 isn't my basis for this, but its everything since then that's combined to make this case. The fact that he tried to throw out a confusing theory that he then claimed he didn't commit to and therefore can't be held responsible for fits in nicely, but its far from the biggest item. Frank has already pointed out some of the items I was going to address and the obvious distancing by Lefty was just the icing on the cake. Please don't think I'm trying to get away with a nothing case here, because I will more than gladly get into all of the details later, at the very latest tonight. But with that said, I really don't have to do any convincing of myself, so:

Vote: Lefty

You're making a mistake by pursuing this, Frank, and letting Sonny slide once again. I believe that Sonny is scum and that's why I voted him as I did. I was suprised he was not the focus early and did wish to make him the focus, as I believe he should remain. So, yes, I voted for Sonny in the hopes others would vote for him. We all do that. Don't you want others to join you in voting for me?

That said, it wasn't train jumping because no one joined me in staying focused on Sonny, which was fortunate in the end with Montana's demise. But 3 of his scum buddies are out there and 1, I believe, has skated through.

Sonny, you and Carlito's are my favorites for today, I'd happily lynch anyone of you and feel good that atleast 2 of you are dirty. I want to hear from both of them and also Joe's case on you before I decide. Right now you are in a slight lead..

Lefty is not innocent, so there was no worry there for me being setup. I also waited until late in the night phase, hoping it wouldn't have any affect on that nights NK target as I was hoping it had already been submitted. I wanted to throw it out there just in case I died simply because we have a shot at taking down scum two days in a row and I wanted to make sure you guys at least gave it serious consideration even if I wasn't here to make the case. Its going to take me a little time to put everything together and with it being the morning of work after the long weekend its going to be a little tougher.

Let me just say for starters, my original point for voting Lefty day 1 isn't my basis for this, but its everything since then that's combined to make this case. The fact that he tried to throw out a confusing theory that he then claimed he didn't commit to and therefore can't be held responsible for fits in nicely, but its far from the biggest item. Frank has already pointed out some of the items I was going to address and the obvious distancing by Lefty was just the icing on the cake. Please don't think I'm trying to get away with a nothing case here, because I will more than gladly get into all of the details later, at the very latest tonight. But with that said, I really don't have to do any convincing of myself, so:

Come on, Cabot. You promised to present your case and then you say that it's not based on your original claim, but that's all you point to?

Very weak. You claim it's "everything since then that's combined" to make this case, but haven't presented any. Plus, guess what? Frank's "case" is based on what happened AFTER your response to Carlito claiming I was No. 1 scum on your list.

You posted this at 8:27 pm (post #1286) (a minute before my Montana vote, post #1287).

I don't think I could possibly disagree with this post any more than I do. Starting first and foremost with the fact that you're blaming Tony Montana and voting for him based on something that he didn't even say, but something Sonny did. I think Montana is scummy, but the fact that the entire basis for you vote appears to be on incorrect information looks really bad for you right now.

Furthermore, since this came up now, I might as well mention that the #1 scum on my list that I was referring to earlier that I was going to make my case on when I had the time, was Lefty. I'm not even sure how any of your points prove him to be innocent. Your defense of his day one actions are ridiculous. I made one point and never pressed it. He's the one who threw the fit over it, which is what actually caused more people to join on the so-called "bandwagon". He was also the one who wouldn't drop it and tried to put together an asinine claim on how me pointing out his idiotic claim made me scum. The funniest thing is that his defense was that he never committed to that theory, which made him even scummier. Scum love to throw out confusing theories to throw people off without ever committing to them, that way they have that exact defense when people point out how they're trying to confuse things. Scum never want to commit to anything that could get them in trouble.

So, before Frank's argument even came into play about the vote switch of CYA, I was No. 1 on the list.

Sonny, you and Carlito's are my favorites for today, I'd happily lynch anyone of you and feel good that atleast 2 of you are dirty. I want to hear from both of them and also Joe's case on you before I decide. Right now you are in a slight lead..

FYI, Frank: Joe Cabot has been promising to put together his "case" since May 22 and hasn't done it yet. Yes, there was the weekend, but he's posted since then STILL promising to put together the case.

In any event, if you look at his post above (which I responded to), he's going to try to put the case later today.

Also, Frank, if I was scum I'd have NK'd Cabot a long time ago out of spite in a pure Pac move.

Actually you and Sonny where my early favorites but right now I have pretty much cleared my suspicions of you. You Have added alot to this investigation and my new top three are Lefty, Sonny and Carlito who has bugged me since he's entered the game. I do have to say that Capone is a surprise to me. Mostly because the survivor thing has never come up in a game I was in.

I have a very long day ahead of me and will check in when I can. I want to go back and look at the stuff on Lefty everyone seems to be bringing up. I also want to look at my other two before I decide to cast my vote. I will post some thoughts either thru-out the day or I will definately sit down late tonight and put something together.

Bencopy.jpg

jetsrules deserved no better. That picture is perfect.

The count is potentially 3 mafia, 4 cult, and 5 town. We should lynch cult if we can.

FYI, Frank: Joe Cabot has been promising to put together his "case" since May 22 and hasn't done it yet. Yes, there was the weekend, but he's posted since then STILL promising to put together the case.

This I have my eye on too. And Carlito for the asinine collection of your posts. With the conclusion that you do not seem scummy to her.

I still do not have good feelings about LoSpecchio.

I will reread posts by Cabot, Brigante, LoSpecchio and you before voting. It is easier to say someone is scummy. And harder to guess who is mafia versus cult. And who is in our best interest to eliminate.

Thus far, Sonny has 32 posts in this thread, the lowest of any player still alive. People voted for him before for inactivity, but his voting pattern is something that truly troubles me.

His first vote was against me (on May 10) and this was the reason:

This posting style is quite similar to a certain poster from JI.

Vote:Lefty

He later claimed 13 days later (real date May 23) his case against me is based on

Thus far, Sonny has 32 posts in this thread, the lowest of any player still alive. People voted for him before for inactivity, but his voting pattern is something that truly troubles me.

His first vote was against me (on May 10) and this was the reason:

He later claimed 13 days later (real date May 23) his case against me is based on

3 Things1. Vote: Sonny I just think its time. I especially hated the fact he posted right after Montana was lynched. Did not sit well with me.

2. The Lefty case is somewhat interesting but I want to wait for the Cabot report before anything else happens. I'm not seeing it as much as others seem to.

3. I just got another idea for another possible direction But its gonna take a ****load of reading so it's gonna take a while.

Didn't mean to quote Lefty's post there.

Archived