JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

Vote Count

Lefty Ruggerio (6) - Frank Costello, Joe Cabot, Sonny LoSpecchio, Fredo Corleone, Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway

Sonny LoSpecchio (3) - Lefty Ruggerio, Marcellus Wallace, Tony Soprano

Carlito Brigante (1) - Ace Rothstein

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FYI, there was no "typo" of trying to lynch townies. I wrote that it was best to lynch either town or cult, and Virgil poked fun at that by saying the opposite, that is, he thought we were looking to lynch town.

Lol, there wasn't the first time, but now there is. Why is it in the best interest to lynch town or cult? Maybe in your best interest..

I believe we have to lynch Lefty today. Before I drop the hammer though I want Joe to answer the questions I asked before. His story smells fishy, and I do not like it.

Is it wrong that I hope this happens before Doggin leaves so we don't have to wait till Saturday to find out :D

Is it wrong that I hope this happens before Doggin leaves so we don't have to wait till Saturday to find out :D

I do not think there is much suspense. I expect Lefty will flip scum, and this does not answer whether Joe is town or cult. I believe there is good chance Joe is cult. But a better chance Lefty is scum.

I believe we have to lynch Lefty today. Before I drop the hammer though I want Joe to answer the questions I asked before. His story smells fishy, and I do not like it.

I think his story reeks. What saves him is that we know there is not much upside to pulling this as scum/cult, unless it's part of a multi-layered gambit, which is what I would actually put my money on.

I do not think there is much suspense. I expect Lefty will flip scum, and this does not answer whether Joe is town or cult. I believe there is good chance Joe is cult. But a better chance Lefty is scum.

It's unfortunate for the town why no one other than you is pressing the issue of Joe not coming after me hard Day 3 if he had guaranteed results that I was scum from a Night 2 investigation. Or why he submitted a night action on Carlito.

The hole in his story can fit an 18 wheeler through it.

I just caught up on the last couple of pages. I'm gonna unvote. Should I drop the hammer yet or does anyone want me to hold off?

Sonny must be Senor Gato because the man has 9 lives in avoiding lynches without posting anything in his defense.

Wonderful job of remaining under the radar, Sonny. Too bad you aren't the Survivor because you definately would last till the end.

Vote Count

Lefty Ruggerio (6) - Frank Costello, Joe Cabot, Sonny LoSpecchio, Fredo Corleone, Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway

Sonny LoSpecchio (2) - Lefty Ruggerio, Tony Soprano

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch

If I miss anything let me know, but I think these were the two outstanding questions:

1. If I knew Lefty was scum after night 2, why wait another day? I actually went back and forth debating this, the problem was I wasn't very involved early in that days discussions and by then trains were already rolling. I was trying to avoid having to do what I did today by revealing and I realized there was little chance of getting a Lefty lynch that day after how much attention there already was on Sonny and Tony without revealing. I liked Montana as scum anyway, so I wasn't overly worried about it and figured I could do it the next day. Keep in mind, I made my statement about Lefty as definite scum before night 3 ended, so I obviously already had this information before then. At that point, since we hadn't lynched the guy who I knew was scum on day 2, I wanted to make sure that in case I died night 3 Lefty hopefully wouldn't just get away. I actually had considered revealing right then, but figured that probably wasn't wise. Plus, since I had my own night action to submit, I purposefully waited until later on in the night phase when I figured the mafia had already submitted their NK and the cult their conversion. At that point I made my statement on Lefty since I figured it likely wouldn't affect any other night actions and then submitted my night action for Carlito.

2. Why use my night action on Carlito and then defend him today? I definitely see the point here. As far as using the night action on Carlito, as I pointed out at the time, I really didn't like his voting for Montana based on something Sonny said. Almost seemed like an excuse just to justify a vote with little care or attention paid to why and seemed scummy to me. However, that alone I didn't think was lynch-worthy just yet, and I always get extremely hesitant about going at inactives this late in the game. It just makes it too damn easy for scum to move in, get an innocent lynched and then not get any blame for the lynch, whether it be starting the bandwagon or jumping on it. And honestly, at this point I am just so adamantly against going after anyone but Lefty I've just found myself being kind of wary of any other trains.

It's unfortunate for the town why no one other than you is pressing the issue of Joe not coming after me hard Day 3 if he had guaranteed results that I was scum from a Night 2 investigation. Or why he submitted a night action on Carlito.

The hole in his story can fit an 18 wheeler through it.

I agree it's an issue. A big one, but what are we going to do. You're either scum or he's a cultist. (maybe both). Atleast one of you is lying and your the safer lynch today, plues were more suspicious to begin with..

I agree it's an issue. A big one, but what are we going to do. You're either scum or he's a cultist. (maybe both). Atleast one of you is lying and your the safer lynch today, plues were more suspicious to begin with..

I understand that, Frank. The thing is, if Cabot is cult the town is in trouble.

You mention that the the mafia would NK Cabot tonight because he's dangerous to them, correct? But what if he's doc protected? Can the scum risk their NK being blocked being down to only 3 members with a rising number of cultists?

If Cabot isn't the NK option, who do you think the scum might try to off tonight? If you were scum, who'd you NK?

I agree it's an issue. A big one, but what are we going to do. You're either scum or he's a cultist. (maybe both). Atleast one of you is lying and your the safer lynch today, plues were more suspicious to begin with..[/quote]

See, this I don't agree with, and it makes me a little wary of you, Frank. Before Joe's reveal/claim, Sonny and Carlito were the consenus "most suspicious". Joe's claim got the ball rolling on Lefty, in a hurry.

I really hate how Sonny and Carlito get to skate by, again, with no participation at all, and we're gonna lynch on the basis of Joe's crazy claimed role. We better be right!

I do think though, that Joe's adament claim of Lefty being scum late in night 3 helps legitimize his claim now. I had forgotten about that. Of course, if this is a long con, that was just part of planting the seed.

I understand that, Frank. The thing is, if Cabot is cult the town is in trouble.

You mention that the the mafia would NK Cabot tonight because he's dangerous to them, correct? But what if he's doc protected? Can the scum risk their NK being blocked being down to only 3 members with a rising number of cultists?

If Cabot isn't the NK option, who do you think the scum might try to off tonight? If you were scum, who'd you NK?

Lefty, why are you so sure that a converted doc gets to keep his powers?

I'd kill Cabot without thinking twice. I think the doc would be idiotic to protect him because the doc can't protect against a conversion and frankly the dude may already be converted.

My best guess at this point is that Carlito is the Cult leader, Joe is a converted power role who did get a giulty on you night 2. He didn't say anything because it was going to be an ace in his pocket when he needed to protect the cult leader. Now maybe Sonny is the cult leader, but we'll figure that out tomorrow when we lynch Carlito.. (who is who I think we should lynch)

See, this I don't agree with, and it makes me a little wary of you, Frank. Before Joe's reveal/claim, Sonny and Carlito were the consenus "most suspicious". Joe's claim got the ball rolling on Lefty, in a hurry.

I really hate how Sonny and Carlito get to skate by, again, with no participation at all, and we're gonna lynch on the basis of Joe's crazy claimed role. We better be right!

I do think though, that Joe's adament claim of Lefty being scum late in night 3 helps legitimize his claim now. I had forgotten about that. Of course, if this is a long con, that was just part of planting the seed.

A) My statement meant that Lefty was more suspicious then Joe, which ios obvious. and B) lefty had 3 or 4 votes already prior to Joe's claim so he was one of the 3 favorites.. Actually prior to Carlito picking up steam, he was the early leader..

A) My statement meant that Lefty was more suspicious then Joe, which ios obvious. and B) lefty had 3 or 4 votes already prior to Joe's claim so he was one of the 3 favorites.. Actually prior to Carlito picking up steam, he was the early leader..

That second part is not true.

It was 4-3 Sonny before the 1st vote for Carlito. When Carlito picked up steam it became 4-3-3 with Sonny still the lead vote getter.

Sorry Frank, I should have read more carefully (hard to do when your looking at perfect **** all day). I mistakenly thought that you meant that Lefty was the most suspicious in general at that time, not just between him and Joe.

That second part is not true.

It was 4-3 Sonny before the 1st vote for Carlito. When Carlito picked up steam it became 4-3-3 with Sonny still the lead vote getter.

Ok... you were the early leaderi believe though, 3-2 over Sonny.. Again, my point was that you were more suspicious then Joe, and I don't see how that's debateable..

I still have bad feelings about Joe. Which we will for sure deal with the next day phase if he is not night killed. I doubt the doctor will protect him.

It seems we have no choice but to lynch Lefty today. He is our best bet for hitting scum. Let us hope he is a cult member, though my feeling is he is mafia.

vote:Lefty

I'd kill Cabot without thinking twice. I think the doc would be idiotic to protect him because the doc can't protect against a conversion and frankly the dude may already be converted.

That's where we differ. If I was scum I'd NK you.

I'd take the chance with Cabots' Wheel of Fortune night action power and take out an influential townie.

And now, the end is near;

And so I face the final curtain.

My friend, I'll say it clear,

Ill state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life thats full.

I've traveled each and evry highway;

And more, much more than this,

I did it my way.

Regrets, Ive had a few;

But then again, too few to mention.

I did what I had to do

And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;

Each careful step along the byway,

But more, much more than this,

I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew

When I bit off more than I could chew.

But through it all, when there was doubt,

I ate it up and spit it out.

I faced it all and I stood tall;

And did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried.

I've had my fill; my share of losing.

And now, as tears subside,

I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;

And may I say - not in a shy way,

No, oh no not me,

I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?

If not himself, then he has naught.

To say the things he truly feels;

And not the words of one who kneels.

The record shows I took the blows -

And did it my way!

After a tough night, the day starts hot and heavy - Carlito! cries one. Sonny! says another. But in the end, the old bald dude wins them over. Lefty's the one to go.

PaulieC (Lefty Ruggerio), a JI mafia member, has been lynched. Night has fallen. Night will end when I get back to the computer Saturday night, so get those night actions in.

Final Vote Count

Lefty Ruggerio (7) - Frank Costello, Joe Cabot, Sonny LoSpecchio, Fredo Corleone, Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Virgil Sollozzo

And now, the end is near;

And so I face the final curtain.

My friend, I'll say it clear,

Ill state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life thats full.

I've traveled each and evry highway;

And more, much more than this,

I did it my way.

Regrets, Ive had a few;

But then again, too few to mention.

I did what I had to do

And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;

Each careful step along the byway,

But more, much more than this,

I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew

When I bit off more than I could chew.

But through it all, when there was doubt,

I ate it up and spit it out.

I faced it all and I stood tall;

And did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried.

I've had my fill; my share of losing.

And now, as tears subside,

I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;

And may I say - not in a shy way,

No, oh no not me,

I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?

If not himself, then he has naught.

To say the things he truly feels;

And not the words of one who kneels.

The record shows I took the blows -

And did it my way!

:rl: Perfect, just perfect

After a tough night, the day starts hot and heavy - Carlito! cries one. Sonny! says another. But in the end, the old bald dude wins them over. Lefty's the one to go.

PaulieC (Lefty Ruggerio), a JI mafia member, has been lynched. Night has fallen. Night will end when I get back to the computer Saturday night, so get those night actions in.

Final Vote Count

Lefty Ruggerio (7) - Frank Costello, Joe Cabot, Sonny LoSpecchio, Fredo Corleone, Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway, Virgil Sollozzo

Excellent!

Archived