JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not gonna say too much about my thoughts going forward until the night is over.

However, just like EY, Sonny really screwed us with his play. Again Sonny, real life is so much more important than the game, goes without saying. But next time, if life is almost completely getting in the way of participating, let the mod know so you can be replaced, eh? :rolleyes:

I'm not gonna say too much about my thoughts going forward until the night is over.

However, just like EY, Sonny really screwed us with his play. Again Sonny, real life is so much more important than the game, goes without saying. But next time, if life is almost completely getting in the way of participating, let the mod know so you can be replaced, eh? :rolleyes:

Um, so far EY and Sonny have both been right on everything that's been revealed...

Um, so far EY and Sonny have both been right on everything that's been revealed...

And yet have STILL screwed us hard. Well done, that's actually pretty hard to do. :rolleyes:

Sorry you blew your own cover in the first alt game and had to have a tantrum over not being able to play with your ID unknown. I mean, what choice did you have, right? :rolleyes:

And yet have STILL screwed us hard. Well done, that's actually pretty hard to do. :rolleyes:

Sorry you blew your own cover in the first alt game and had to have a tantrum over not being able to play with your ID unknown. I mean, what choice did you have, right? :rolleyes:

You could have not killed me, but you actually thought I was guilty. I mean, that was pretty dumb.

And either way, had I lived, you'd have killed Sonny that day and you wouldn't be in a much better place.

Nobody wanted to listen, so whatever, not my fault that scum and cult has mopped the floor with you.

You could have not killed me, but you actually thought I was guilty. I mean, that was pretty dumb.

And either way, had I lived, you'd have killed Sonny that day and you wouldn't be in a much better place.

Nobody wanted to listen, so whatever, not my fault that scum and cult has mopped the floor with you.

I like your mustache.

LOL. EY has screwed up in 2 mafia games.

Here is the deal. I am the doctor, I also want to win. I believe it is hopeless for the town.

Cult Leader, tell me who you are and I will give my protection to you tonight if you promise to convert me. At this point revealing who you are, with my protection, poses little risk to you. There are not enough non-cult members to lynch you in the morning, even if the mafia NKs me tonight. Which there is a decent chance they will. But the guarantee of protection for the CL might be worth it to you. The CL must only last through the day phase and then convert again at night.

This is assuming the CL's potential death does not mean the entire cult dies. In that case if saying who you are seems too risky to you, I will protect myself, and you can be guaranteed a successful conversion tonight. The mafia cannot NK me, and not enough guys to lynch me tomorrow either. Better yet, we can hope I retain my protective powers after being converted.

Let me know soon, otherwise I am submitting a protection for myself.

Here is the deal. I am the doctor, I also want to win. I believe it is hopeless for the town.

Cult Leader, tell me who you are and I will give my protection to you tonight if you promise to convert me. At this point revealing who you are, with my protection, poses little risk to you. There are not enough non-cult members to lynch you in the morning, even if the mafia NKs me tonight. Which there is a decent chance they will. But the guarantee of protection for the CL might be worth it to you. The CL must only last through the day phase and then convert again at night.

This is assuming the CL's potential death does not mean the entire cult dies. In that case if saying who you are seems too risky to you, I will protect myself, and you can be guaranteed a successful conversion tonight. The mafia cannot NK me, and not enough guys to lynch me tomorrow either. Better yet, we can hope I retain my protective powers after being converted.

WTF?

WTF, Virgil?!?

You want to win so bad that you're willing to be converted to cult to do so?

Calling Joe Cabot! If you haven't submitted your night action yet -provided you're not the CL- I suggest you submit Virgil's name and we see what happens.

Virgil, you better hope you've got your numbers right, because the way I read this post, you're asking to be the next guy lynched.

:baby:

It is a douchebag move, I know. The cult is going to convert someone though, might as well be me. I think most people would be pretty happy to get converted at this point. Protecting myself from NKs every night is useless to the town but I can offer something to the cult.

It is a douchebag move, I know. The cult is going to convert someone though, might as well be me. I think most people would be pretty happy to get converted at this point. Protecting myself from NKs every night is useless to the town but I can offer something to the cult.

Virgil, I almost have to admire the brazeness of your douchebaggery, it's almost Cheneyian.

Howeva, if were face to face, I'd give you the treatment I gave Ralphie C.

@ Doggin

Is it permissible for the cult leader to contact Virgil via PM, or does he have to do it here in the thread where everyone can see?

Cult leader cannot contact non-cult players via PM, and would not be able to contact a recruit until morning (or, at least, until all night actions are in)

Almost a certain thing that the Cult Leader will have to contact Virgil on the game thread if Virgil isn't already cult.

Virgil, keeping yourself alive at night would be a sure help to the town no matter what, because it would be one townie definitely staying alive. This move of yours lame.

Congratulations, you just got yourself killed and the town screwed. You protect the cult leader, the mafia kills you and the cult leader won't bother converting you. Why would he? He knows you're a dead man, he might as well get someone else who has a chance of surviving the night. The only use he'll get out of you is tonight and you won't know whether or not he's really converting you until after you've submitted your protection and the night is over. Hell, we don't even know if the cult leader can convert everyone or even do so every night. You tried to punk out and pick up a cheap win but all you did is screw yourself and all of us.

BTW, if this guy is lying and the real doctor is out there do not counterclaim. This guy probably isn't surviving the night anyway and if he does nobody is going to trust him from here on out, so there is no reason to expose yourself. This is probably (unfortunately) legit, but just in case its a mafia or cult ploy, don't say anything.

Good morning, everyone. It's a sad day for the town.

image.php?u=2090&dateline=1241150800&type=thumb

JoeCabot (Lancemehl), a townie and the Village Idiot, has been killed

His rants will entertain us no more (moment of silence)

Day has begun. With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Congratulations, you just got yourself killed and the town screwed. You protect the cult leader, the mafia kills you and the cult leader won't bother converting you. Why would he? He knows you're a dead man, he might as well get someone else who has a chance of surviving the night. The only use he'll get out of you is tonight and you won't know whether or not he's really converting you until after you've submitted your protection and the night is over. Hell, we don't even know if the cult leader can convert everyone or even do so every night. You tried to punk out and pick up a cheap win but all you did is screw yourself and all of us.

BTW, if this guy is lying and the real doctor is out there do not counterclaim. This guy probably isn't surviving the night anyway and if he does nobody is going to trust him from here on out, so there is no reason to expose yourself. This is probably (unfortunately) legit, but just in case its a mafia or cult ploy, don't say anything.

Not quite. There is a chance tonight the mafia may luck out and NK the Cult Leader. I am guaranteeing the CL an extra night, which is very valuable at this stage in the game. And if the CL does not come forward, I am protecting myself. He still has a better chance of converting me, knowing I will survive the night in that case, than guessing who is scum, if scum cannot be converted.

I realize this may not be believable, but hopefully the fact that the night ended so soon proves to you I was actually trying to help the town.

I submitted my night action a while ago, protecting myself. Because I am the town healer. Meaning I can protect against both NKs and conversions.

Hopefully the cult tried converting me and it failed.

OK dooshey, I'm gonna tray this one more time. I know that you like to think of yourself as a smart guy, and I also know that you try and make other people look dumb rather than admit that you're wrong. It's just your MO, which is fine.

Forget whether or not we made the wrong decision to lynch you. Forget that you FOS a scum. Forget that many of us chose to lynch you even though we didn't really think you were scum.

What is important here is that you were a townie. And this a team game. And that you, for you own reasons, to behave like a biaatch, and act so strangely, and in such a non-town way, that YOU put us in the position to lynch you.

Again, you were town and chose to act like a little girl rather than be a good teammate. That's on you and you alone.

Now, you're long since dead, so after you respond to this, if you care to, please stop posting in the game thread, you dripping anus.

Good morning, everyone. It's a sad day for the town.

image.php?u=2090&dateline=1241150800&type=thumb

JoeCabot (Lancemehl), a townie and the Village Idiot, has been killed

His rants will entertain us no more (moment of silence)

Day has begun. With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

I am very surprised Cabot was the Idiot. I was leaning towards believing he had a role because one of the potential actions he named was "healing". I thought the concept of a healer who can protect against both mafia and cult was a twist he would not have known existed in this game, unless Doggin truly mentioned it in a PM. If you look, you will see that was when I started believing Cabot more.

Agreed. The dead should remain dead.

Now what do we make of Virgil?

I entirely understand all suspicion towards me. I was hoping to explain my plan close to the deadline, before the night phase ended. I hoped the cult would actually think it over.

The fact that the night phase ended so soon, if they did not try to convert me, could also mean they have tried converting me in the past and it failed, so they knew my offer was a hoax, or they cannot convert every night.

Either way, by now they would know I can protect against conversions.

I entirely understand all suspicion towards me. I was hoping to explain my plan close to the deadline, before the night phase ended. I hoped the cult would actually think it over.

The fact that the night phase ended so soon, if they did not try to convert me, could also mean they have tried converting me in the past and it failed, so they knew my offer was a hoax, or they cannot convert every night.

Either way, by now they would know I can protect against conversions.

I don't know. I tend to believe we were better positioned with neither the cult nor the scum knowing who the doc was. I tend to agree with Cabot's last post that it would've been foolish for them to try to convert you, because you'd be first in line for a lynch today. As it is, you're going to be tough to trust from here on out.

By the way, Carlito looks scummy as hell right now for playing along with Cabot.

But yeah, this I can agree with. I don't know what to make of Carlito, either.

The only "playing along" I did was by "playing along" with what the mod told me, which was that I was silenced two days in a row. The second day Joe did not mention that he targetted me until late in the day, and yet you all saw me lurking before that, so how could I know that Joe was targetting me? Especially since he's an innocent, and the village idiot role insofar as I know is not in fact a mason role.

OK dooshey, I'm gonna tray this one more time. I know that you like to think of yourself as a smart guy, and I also know that you try and make other people look dumb rather than admit that you're wrong. It's just your MO, which is fine.

Forget whether or not we made the wrong decision to lynch you. Forget that you FOS a scum. Forget that many of us chose to lynch you even though we didn't really think you were scum.

What is important here is that you were a townie. And this a team game. And that you, for you own reasons, to behave like a biaatch, and act so strangely, and in such a non-town way, that YOU put us in the position to lynch you.

Again, you were town and chose to act like a little girl rather than be a good teammate. That's on you and you alone.

Now, you're long since dead, so after you respond to this, if you care to, please stop posting in the game thread, you dripping anus.

See, I'd rather act like a girl, and be right, than act like a 'man' and be wrong. Ultimately, my death helped the town. Have YOU helped the town?

I don't know. I tend to believe we were better positioned with neither the cult nor the scum knowing who the doc was. I tend to agree with Cabot's last post that it would've been foolish for them to try to convert you, because you'd be first in line for a lynch today. As it is, you're going to be tough to trust from here on out.

The way I saw it, worst case scenario meant if the scum missed last night - which they did - it was game over. Desperate times...I thought it was worth a shot. Even if all I accomplished was getting the mafia to target me, I thought that was better than having them NK a townie.

My plan may or may not have worked out as intended, but it seemed better than sitting back continuing to protect myself while townies keep dying and the cult keeps growing.

As for being first in line for a lynch ... as I explained earlier, if the cult equals the number of mafia plus town, it should be impossible for us to successfully lynch a non-cult member. I was hoping I would have time to explain my plan before the night phase ended, possibly adding to my credibility, and point out that you should all be worried if you are able to get 5 votes on me. Because there is no reason for a cult member to vote for his teammate with the ratio the way it may be.

The fact that the game is continuing is a good sign. If the cult has converted successfully every night up until now, they must not have done so last night because otherwise we would have lost already. It would have been 5 cult, 2 scum, 1 town. If they tried converting me and failed, either last night or a previous night, it is now 4-2-2. Best case, of course, is that the cult cannot convert every night.

The only "playing along" I did was by "playing along" with what the mod told me, which was that I was silenced two days in a row. The second day Joe did not mention that he targetted me until late in the day, and yet you all saw me lurking before that, so how could I know that Joe was targetting me? Especially since he's an innocent, and the village idiot role insofar as I know is not in fact a mason role.

You knew you were one of his top picks to target. Very easy to hang back until he revealed who his supposed target was.

Or we have someone who can silence players but chose only to silence you, twice in a row after two days of silencing no one. And by luck this perfectly coincided with Cabot's invented story.

Of course it is very possible there is more to the game than we know right now. However it is pretty hard to believe such a coincidence.

Archived