JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

We're in agreement here.

Right now, only Sonny and Carlito haven't voted. Whether we choose to believe it or not, Carlito may have an excuse. I don't believe it, but clearly that's the route Carlito's taking. Not much we can do on that front.

And how many days are we gonna let him live without explaining himself? At what point does it become obvious he has no interest in defending himself? Are we gonna have this same conversation during the next day phase? "Carlito is being scummy but he may have an explanation which I won't believe anyway but he might finally talk again".

Whatever, we'll deal with that tomorrow I guess. And possibly the next day....

As far as Sonny vs Joe, Sonny has played ridiculously similar to Carlito and both have miraculously survived because each time we seriously look at one of them, someone else starts acting weird. Enough of letting the guys we find scummy live cause they don't defend their scumminess.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as Sonny vs Joe, Sonny has played ridiculously similar to Carlito and both have miraculously survived because each time we seriously look at one of them, someone else starts acting weird. Enough of letting the guys we find scummy live cause they don't defend their scumminess.

I agree with you, but right now, it's Joe who's eclipsing either of them for me.

Like I said, I'm willing to lynch Sonny today. I'd be willing to lynch Carlito, too, but it's getting late in the day to get six votes on him. Next day phase, he should have no excuse for not posting - and we should definitely put the pressure on him.

I agree with you, but right now, it's Joe who's eclipsing either of them for me.

Like I said, I'm willing to lynch Sonny today. I'd be willing to lynch Carlito, too, but it's getting late in the day to get six votes on him. Next day phase, he should have no excuse for not posting - and we should definitely put the pressure on him.

Both are scummy to me and I feel comfortable lynching either one. I can see Joe as cult and Sonny last posted 8 days ago. We need him to start talking. I believe we should hold off on dropping the hammer however.

Should also note that with 10 players remaining. 2 scum, potentially 4 cult, the town may be outnumbered already. Getting any lynch in our favor may be difficult. Interesting the pile-ons for both Joe and Sonny. Let us hope it is the townies on the right track together.

I think what's really crazy is that we have 3 legit, almost no doubt scum/cult players at this point. I've never played a game, and I've played more than a few, where there where 3 targets that we all legit lynches, with very solid reasons to lynch.

I think it's actually cauing a problem, in the sense that it's difficult to pick just one, and we're at such a crucial point.

I do see the vehement arguments being made for Joe and Carlito. And really, Sonny's looooooong absence makes me think that he's just a role-less townie who has lost interest for whatever reason. I feel much better about Carltio and Joe's guilt at this moment.

And no way will I believe Carlto if he tries the "I was silenced...again" crap next day phase. So, so unlikely. Hell, I didn't buy it the first time.

Again, I hate to gum up the works even further, but I could easily be convinced to vote Joe or Carlto today. Only truly important thing from a town perspective, imo, is to avoid the ramdom lynch.

Life sucks, you know it as well as I do. I'd rather not get into the reasons behind my disappearance, suffice to say that it's very personal. I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear, but that's the truth.

I have been able to monitor the thread a little bit and I figured that it was going to come to this.

In my defense, for all of the crap that I got about my spidey sense, remember that I was right. Right now, Ace has it buzzing.

Life sucks, you know it as well as I do. I'd rather not get into the reasons behind my disappearance, suffice to say that it's very personal. I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear, but that's the truth.

I have been able to monitor the thread a little bit and I figured that it was going to come to this.

In my defense, for all of the crap that I got about my spidey sense, remember that I was right. Right now, Ace has it buzzing.

Life doesnt always suck, its just sucks sometimes. Good luck with whatever it is you got oing on. Most things in life are temporary.

2 things. Your timing is impeccable again. Its amazing that whenever you are feeling the heat in this game, you find time to post. And, how is that you have had time to monitor the thread, but you havent had time to say. "Sorry guys, been busy, I'm here and reading just dont have time to terribly active" or to just drop a vote on someone. That takes literally 1 minute of your time. And the crap you are getting is more revolved around your timely posts when the heat much similar to this one, more so then the Spidey Sense comment.

I wont drop the hammer right now, since it seems nobody else has noticed your return, but everything is telling me to do so before you weasel your way out of another lynch.

My suspicion about you is directly related to this type of activity and the spidey sense comment is just the icing on th cake.

Life doesnt always suck, its just sucks sometimes. Good luck with whatever it is you got oing on. Most things in life are temporary.

2 things. Your timing is impeccable again. Its amazing that whenever you are feeling the heat in this game, you find time to post. And, how is that you have had time to monitor the thread, but you havent had time to say. "Sorry guys, been busy, I'm here and reading just dont have time to terribly active" or to just drop a vote on someone. That takes literally 1 minute of your time. And the crap you are getting is more revolved around your timely posts when the heat much similar to this one, more so then the Spidey Sense comment.

I wont drop the hammer right now, since it seems nobody else has noticed your return, but everything is telling me to do so before you weasel your way out of another lynch.

My suspicion about you is directly related to this type of activity and the spidey sense comment is just the icing on th cake.

Fair enough. I understand your suspicions. I've been able to check up on my phone, but posting on it is damn near impossible.

I'm a role-less townie, do what you will with that information.

Fair enough. I understand your suspicions. I've been able to check up on my phone, but posting on it is damn near impossible.

I also echo, more or less, what Jimmy C said, Sonny.

First of all, if you have hit a touch bump in the road, best of luck in handling it. I can't speak to how hard it is to post by phone, I don't have a fancy phone at all.

I even said earlier that I would bet that you're a roleless townie (of course, I speculated that you were disinterested, not distracted by a personal issue.

However, other than not cutting our slim margain for error even more, there is not much downside to lynching you, especially if you will be unable to participate going forward.

And Jimmy's right, it does not look good that you are finally able to chime in just before being lynched.

I don't know Sonny, you've skated by a few times. Not sure that you'll be able to again.

Good luck Sonny with the personal issues you are dealing with.

What I have trouble getting past is the way you appear magically at important moments. This and the appearance immediately following Montana's lynch.

Montana and Lefty, your spidey sense target, were both mafia. Makes sense you might be cult.

As others have stated. Why in 8 days were you unable to post anything but had time to monitor the thread.

It's been quiet since Sonny graced us with his presence.

First of all, Sonny, I hope everything works out at home. Real life kicked me in the balls this month, too. I feel for you.

But that said, what are we going to do about this? I don't see anyone changing their vote. Sonny didn't even have the decency to cast a vote for Cabot! Mentions a personal hardship, a spidey-sense about the last guy to vote for him, and then he vanishes again.

Hardly offers an impassioned plea, nor does he suggest that he might contribute more in the future.

I said I'd change my vote to avoid random lynch tonight, and I will. I wouldn't mind if a few people wanted to switch over to Cabot (I still see him as more dangerous than Sonny), but I don't see that happening. I'm just holding off until we hear from more people, in case there's a change of heart.

Quiet past few hours I see.

I am not positive I will have internet access later tonight...this week I am staying at an apartment with no internet. For now I feel comfortable keeping my vote on LoSpecchio. I dislike his repeatedly convenient timing and weak defenses of himself.

First of all, Sonny, I hope everything works out at home. Real life kicked me in the balls this month, too. I feel for you.

But that said, what are we going to do about this? I don't see anyone changing their vote. Sonny didn't even have the decency to cast a vote for Cabot! Mentions a personal hardship, a spidey-sense about the last guy to vote for him, and then he vanishes again.

Hardly offers an impassioned plea, nor does he suggest that he might contribute more in the future.

I said I'd change my vote to avoid random lynch tonight, and I will. I wouldn't mind if a few people wanted to switch over to Cabot (I still see him as more dangerous than Sonny), but I don't see that happening. I'm just holding off until we hear from more people, in case there's a change of heart.

I will do my best to check in later. If the tide turns I am willing to change my vote to avoid random lynching. As I said I find both scummy. But right now Sonny smells too much to me and no one seems to argue otherwise.

Carlito lurks again.

I could be persuaded, as I feel in my heart that joe is more likely scum/cult and more dangerous, and would be an almost no lose lynch. Again, my read on Sonny has been that he's roleless townie that has given up, but his well timed appearances are certainly scummy.

Our dealine is 9AM, right?

I could be persuaded, as I feel in my heart that joe is more likely scum/cult and more dangerous, and would be an almost no lose lynch. Again, my read on Sonny has been that he's roleless townie that has given up, but his well timed appearances are certainly scummy.

Our dealine is 9AM, right?

That's my take, too - but I'd rather lynch dead weight than let it go to a random lynch.

And yes on the 9AM deadline. Thing is when I get out of work here tonight, I don't know if I'll be able to get back on before then. So if there's not a move in Cabot's direction, I'd like to make sure we avoid that random lynch by switching my vote before I leave.

Vote Count

Joe Cabot (3) - Marcellus Wallace, Vito Corleone, Jimmy Conway

Sonny LoSpecchio (5) - Virgil Sollozzo, Joe Cabot, Tony Soprano, Fredo Corleone, Ace Rothstein

With 10 players remaining, it takes 6 votes to lynch

OK, in the middle of internetz drama somewhere else, so no time for fancy death scenes

image.php?u=3216&dateline=1242752386&type=thumb

Sonny LoSpecchio (DarkLadyJets), a roleless townie, has been lynched

Final Vote Count

Joe Cabot (3) - Marcellus Wallace, Jimmy Conway

Sonny LoSpecchio (6) - Virgil Sollozzo, Joe Cabot, Tony Soprano, Fredo Corleone, Ace Rothstein, Vito Corleone

OK, in the middle of internetz drama somewhere else, so no time for fancy death scenes

image.php?u=3216&dateline=1242752386&type=thumb

Sonny LoSpecchio (DarkLadyJets), a roleless townie, has been lynched

Final Vote Count

Joe Cabot (3) - Marcellus Wallace, Jimmy Conway

Sonny LoSpecchio (6) - Virgil Sollozzo, Joe Cabot, Tony Soprano, Fredo Corleone, Ace Rothstein, Vito Corleone

That really sucks. His play was scummy and in the long run he was absolutely no benefit to the town. At least we know and we can move on, but it sucks none the less.

This is potentially setting up exactly the way Vito and I were worried about. We could now potentially lose 3 townies is one day. We really need the scum to score the cult again tonight, if not, we could be in a really bad position.

I dont even know where to begin with Joe, what should he do tonight? I really dont know. There is no way the scum is going to take him out because they benefit more than we do having him around...we made a bad decision letting him live, plain and simple.

Carlito, as we all knew he would, is claiming the silence routine again. That Frank comment was interesting but that could be a potential set up. However, I just dont know what to make of it right now. Hopefully the evening will clear some air.

Now, to backpedal a bit, my posting Lefty’s posts in regards to the wrong person was a mistake, a stupid one, but a mistake nevertheless. I honestly thought I had the right guy.

I don't know what to make of you, Carlito. Your character's been scummy in the hands of two different players. This quote here makes no sense at all. You're really going to have to clear up this Lefty thing. It reeks of you trying to cover (extremely sloppily) for a scum teammate.

That said, what are you getting at with Joe and Frank?

However, I’m not certain if Joe was the one silencing me or not for a couple reasons.

1)Frank Costello’s post:

I'm not saying that I'm buying this whole silenced for two nights in a row crap, but what exactly are you saying you think happened to you? This and your Ace comment really just reads like you throwing siht at the wall hoping something sticks, knowing that you're extremely high on the town's list today.

All of a sudden you're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything.

^Sorry for the sloppy quoting, but you get the idea.

That really sucks. His play was scummy and in the long run he was absolutely no benefit to the town. At least we know and we can move on, but it sucks none the less.

It does suck. He read like a roleless townie who lost interest, and that's exactly what he turned out to be. But he wasn't going to make it to end game playing like that, anyway. Still...

I'm concerned about Cult here, because depending on the CL's recruting capabilities, they could be getting big. I'm more and more concerned about Joe being cult, with the idea that maybe a couple cult members were hanging on Sonny refusing to budge to save Joe's ass.

This is potentially setting up exactly the way Vito and I were worried about. We could now potentially lose 3 townies is one day. We really need the scum to score the cult again tonight, if not, we could be in a really bad position.

I dont even know where to begin with Joe, what should he do tonight? I really dont know. There is no way the scum is going to take him out because they benefit more than we do having him around...we made a bad decision letting him live, plain and simple.

I'd love to have the scum help us out, but I think you're right in that they'll let Joe live and leave him to us to worry about.

If Joe's telling the truth about his role, then I think he should target himself tonight. We have no other real leads (unless someone wants to speak up), and we can't risk Carlito being silenced for a third day in a row. Or, if he and the scum both target a cult member, he could inadvertantly save him. Or he could NK someone innocent. At least if he commits accidental suicide, it's one less distraction during the day. Better than some alternatives.

I was suggesting that there might be a silencer in the game, and the silencer might just be cult. I just find the chances of Joe's "random" role silencing me two nights in a row kinda low unless Frank was right. That or there's something else going on where Frank knew a lot more than any of us realised, though I kinda doubt that.

And the quote of Ace's was because I felt it backed up what I was saying with my suspicions of him.

The cult must outnumber all other players - townies + scum

Damn. I thought something must be up with LoSpecchio. The town may be screwed.

If the cult successfully converts tonight and has every other night, we could be looking at 5 cult, 2 scum, 2 town. Subtract 1 for whoever is NKed and we could have 4-2-2 or 5-2-1. Worst case scenario.

In order for the town not to lose, the cult cannot have a successful conversion tonight and/or the mafia must NK cult.

If the cult is unsuccessful tonight, we could be looking at 4 cult, 2 scum, 3 town without counting the NK. In that case the scum need to hit cult and not town in order to keep the game going.

Either way if we last to the day phase, town and scum need to work together right now to stop the cult. All they will need is one person voting the wrong way to lynch the guy of their choice.

I'd love to have the scum help us out, but I think you're right in that they'll let Joe live and leave him to us to worry about.

If Joe's telling the truth about his role, then I think he should target himself tonight. We have no other real leads (unless someone wants to speak up), and we can't risk Carlito being silenced for a third day in a row. Or, if he and the scum both target a cult member, he could inadvertantly save him. Or he could NK someone innocent. At least if he commits accidental suicide, it's one less distraction during the day. Better than some alternatives.

I too believe it is safest for Joe to target himself again. If Frank is right and the same action happens to the same person, we can assume nothing will happen to Joe. If Frank was wrong and he dies. This is a problem if he is innocent but he is highly suspicious to most guys.

Looking at the numbers again. We will be at 4 cult, 2 mafia, 2 town tomorrow if mafia NKs cult and cult has been successful thus far.

In that case it might be impossible to lynch cult. We would need one of them to vote unnecessarily for a teammate. Like with Sonny today, if it seems too easy it probably is. There is a much higher chance the cult will target someone else and hope one of us chooses wrong.

If we lynch wrong, we lose. Holding out for a random lynch may be our best option.

I was suggesting that there might be a silencer in the game, and the silencer might just be cult. I just find the chances of Joe's "random" role silencing me two nights in a row kinda low unless Frank was right. That or there's something else going on where Frank knew a lot more than any of us realised, though I kinda doubt that.

And the quote of Ace's was because I felt it backed up what I was saying with my suspicions of him.

There's some major flaws in your argument. Chief amongst them being that prior to my targeting of you, there was no evidence of any player ever being silenced in this game. Considering that the doggin stated the game started with only one cult member, this silencer could not have started as cult either. So your theory is predicated on the idea that there is a silencer, that person didn't use their power, that person was converted to cult, was able to keep their power and now I as either a cult member or cult leader are having him silence you so I can use it to prove I have a random night ability. And even had him do so two consecutive nights on you, despite that there is no particular benefit to me silencing you and it actually brings extra suspicion on my random role considering the same night action happened to the same person twice in a row.

Trust me, I get people's suspicions and wariness when it comes to me. I get it and I'd probably feel the same way in your guys shoes. But I just want to point out that there seems to be some pretty big leaps of faith involved in the reasonings behind trying to paint me as scum/cult. Frankly, nothing I've done has really given me much of any benefit to do if I was on either of those teams other then maybe as a cult for getting a scum killed, which obviously was just as much pro-town.

With all of these things in mind. The more I think about it the more impossible I believe it will be to get 5 votes on a cult member tomorrow. Townies and scum must be wary of casting the 5th vote on anyone. I would suggest that we refrain from casting any votes, or vote for a random lynch. (No lynch is not an option, yes?)

I will return this afternoon. I ask that all parties refrain from submitting night actions until I return. I may have a deal to offer. I must think it over more first.

Archived