Renee Zellweger marriage over already

shawn306

Geez what a suprise.

Does anybody even try anymore to make their marriage work.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/09/15/zellweger.chesney.reut/index.html

I like that she call him a fraud :D:D

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Oscar-winning actress Renee Zellweger and country singer Kenny Chesney are seeking an annulment after five months of marriage, a spokeswoman said Thursday.

Publicist Nanci Ryder confirmed that Zellweger and Chesney, who stunned the entertainment world in May with a marriage on a beach in the Caribbean, had split.

In court papers filed Wednesday, Zellweger listed "fraud" as the reason for the breakup but did not elaborate, The Associated Press reported.

A phone call to her attorney was not immediately returned, nor was a call to Gleason later in the day regarding the fraud claim.

Despite their fame and success -- Zellweger won an Academy Award for "Cold Mountain" and Chesney was named entertainer of the year in 2004 by the Country Music Association -- they had largely kept the relationship under wraps until the wedding.

Ryder could not say if either Zellweger, 36, or Chesney, 37, had filed court papers and had no further information about the split, which was first reported on People magazine's Web site.

The couple met at a benefit for tsunami relief and dated for four months before they wed.

Aside from her "Cold Mountain" win, Zellweger has been nominated for Oscars for her work in "Chicago" and "Bridget Jones's Diary."

Chesney's "When the Sun Goes Down" was named album of the year by the CMA. His hits include "Me and You" and "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy."

Copyright 2005 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Archived