JN Mafia: AOL GAME THREAD

ZachEY

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, getting someone replaced kind of throws off the game, but it is better than having a disinterested player I guess. However, if Michael ends up being scum or MJ I will be a little ticked off. He's had two trains on him and he gets out of the first by claiming noob and the 2nd by bailing out of the game...

It would actually be a great, great scum move. But it would be incredibly crappy.

There is absolutely no strategy involved in this move... In a situation where I read it as such, the replacement would not be allowed...

Vote Count:

Al Capone (2) - Tony Montana, Tony Soprano

Michael Corleone (2) - Carlito Brigante, Tommy DeVito

Nicky Sartoro (2) - Lefty Ruggerio, Virgil

Lefty Ruggerio (1) - Henry Hill

With 14 players remaining, it takes 8 to cancel an account.

My mistake, just those who dared to question you as anything but 100% obvious innocent since you decided you should be treated like a God after Doggin's guilty flip. The fact is you've been acting like an over-the-top, entitled douche ever since the reveal of Doggin. Now you're going around thumping your chest and trying to talk yourself up like some genius while, not at all surprisingly, being dead wrong.

I said it before and I'll say it again, people like you are just terrible players for both sides. You're either an obnoxious mafia who thinks he should be untouchable because he pulled off what he thinks is a genius stunt and will eventually get himself killed, or a townie so impressed with himself that he'll be convinced he's 100% right about every thought. The latter either leading to a series of innocent lynches or causing everyone else in the game to want you dead. And you're pushing me closer and closer to the point of wanting to see you dead myself.

You're a little slow on the uptake huh? I'm asking you a straight forward question again you answer by trying to portray me as some know it all a-hole. I'm neither "thumping my chest" or acting "over the top". These are cute little phrases you're coming up with to try and make me look bad. While I don't mind (its kinda funny actually) I still wonder why you refuse to answer my question.

Here it is for the 3rd time:

Cute try Spinderella but you're contradicting yourself. You say I accuse "everyone" who questions me of being mafia but your only evidence is the Fredo exchange where I not only didn't accuse him of being mafia, but shortly after detailed why I think he might be innocent.

Go ahead and give some examples of me calling someone who questions me mafia. I think you'll find it difficult finding the posts considering they don't exist.

So.. You're either lying, misrepresenting, or are "misremembering" (to borrow a Roger Clemens word). Which one is it Nicky? I'd like an answer please.

My mistake, just those who dared to question you as anything but 100% obvious innocent since you decided you should be treated like a God after Doggin's guilty flip. The fact is you've been acting like an over-the-top, entitled douche ever since the reveal of Doggin. Now you're going around thumping your chest and trying to talk yourself up like some genius while, not at all surprisingly, being dead wrong.

I said it before and I'll say it again, people like you are just terrible players for both sides. You're either an obnoxious mafia who thinks he should be untouchable because he pulled off what he thinks is a genius stunt and will eventually get himself killed, or a townie so impressed with himself that he'll be convinced he's 100% right about every thought. The latter either leading to a series of innocent lynches or causing everyone else in the game to want you dead. And you're pushing me closer and closer to the point of wanting to see you dead myself.

This post kinda makes sense to me. Exaggerated and extreme, but certainly not crossing over into misrepresentation.

That being said, I think it'd be helpful if you laid out some thoughts on some other players.

Well, getting someone replaced kind of throws off the game, but it is better than having a disinterested player I guess. However, if Michael ends up being scum or MJ I will be a little ticked off. He's had two trains on him and he gets out of the first by claiming noob and the 2nd by bailing out of the game...

It's possible, but unlikely imo..

My take was that he lost interest in the game. THe fact that he bailed somewhat confirms it. Now, he could be scum or MJ, but for some reason I think killign at night may have held his interest a little longer.

so we're coming up on a holiday weekend here. Might be helpful if people laid out some votes so we can see where we are at and spur discussion

I am ok where I'm at for now, but there's another guy or two I'd be willing to vote if others find them scummy

Fine, fanook.

That better, Tubby, you anti-semite?

Tubby? Thats like calling the Titanice a boat. Anti-semite? I happen to love Jewish people. Not that different from Italians really. My name is Sal, if I where Jewish my name would be Sol. I go to Church if I was jewish I'd go to temple. I love to eat meatballs, if I was Jewish I';d eat Matso Balls. The grandmothers are a wash.

so we're coming up on a holiday weekend here. Might be helpful if people laid out some votes so we can see where we are at and spur discussion

I am ok where I'm at for now, but there's another guy or two I'd be willing to vote if others find them scummy

Really? So you would happily jump onto another train if it picks up speed? What the **** was your case based on me about again?

I have to go out this evening and feed my fat ass. I'll jump on tonight when I get in.

Ugh, this really does make things a lot more complicated. I still find a lot of what PS17 did throughout this game suspicious but if he's dropping out then I have to agree with Montana that a lot of it could be down to losing interest. If he is scum though this move could be a disaster for the town, also the person taking over now has a built in excuse for any scummy behaviour earlier due to them not being involved.

For now I have to unvote: Michael Corleone

Going to read over this thread again, I didn't have huge suspicions of anyone but Michael heading into this phase.

Really? So you would happily jump onto another train if it picks up speed? What the **** was your case based on me about again?

I have to go out this evening and feed my fat ass. I'll jump on tonight when I get in.

Well, I'm not going to just stay on you if nobody else sees that you are a freaken scumopatmus.

Vote Count:

Al Capone (2) - Tony Montana, Tony Soprano

Michael Corleone (1) - Carlito Brigante

Nicky Sartoro (2) - Lefty Ruggerio, Virgil

Lefty Ruggerio (1) - Henry Hill

With 14 players remaining, it takes 8 to cancel an account.

So the extent of your case is that he exaggerated a claim against you?

Holy oversimplification. No Tony and you should have seen that earlier. If you didn't here it is.

Vote Nicky

In looking back I wanted to find someone who hadn't had any direct dealings with Ace, wasn't on one of the popular trains (as it's unlikely all scum would be), and has been congenial while not saying much... In my opinion Nicky is posting just enough to avoid the inactive label while not saying anything to put him in anyones crosshairs. This is how I'd be playing if i were Ace's scum partner.

While scum was certainly present in one or both of the day 1 trains I don't think ALL were... Doesn't seem like a sound strategy and now that Ace has been confirmed I don't think he would have allowed it.

Nicky... I find you guilty.

While you have your points here, the more you post the less confident I feel in your innocence. Have you noticed that you seem to be suspicious of absolutely everyone who questions you? Not that my comments towards you should preclude you from voting for me, but I just find it interesting the people who you are becoming suspicious of.

That said, I wasn't on one of the big trains because they were either (1) a case I didn't necesarily agree with or (2) based on inactivity, which I'm on record as saying will nail a townie pretty much every time.

This sounds a lot like your scum partner Doggin. Typing out blatant lies as if they were true.

Actually no Nicky I haven't noticed this at all. Montana, Fredo (who I just said I thought was clean 2 hours ago), Soprano, Marcellus, and I think another have all mentioned me in a negative light. I haven't lashed out at anyone of them besides Fredo- and I later explained why.

Thanks for making me feel good about the vote.

That's funny you're trying to cover your tracks on the Fredo thing, but the fact remains that as soon as he questioned you, your response was: "Whoa are you serious? You weren't on my radar till this gem." Backpedaling now doesn't change the fact that your immediate reaction to that questioning was suspicion.

Good for you feeling good about your vote though, although the fact that you're one of those people that the second they get suspicious of someone they automatically become definitive mafia tells me what kind of player you are. You're either a poor-playing scum or a townie who's going to start killing off innocents left and right if anyone actually listens to you. The more you post the less I trust you, and thump your chest as much as you want, your little battle with Ace doesn't change that one bit. Its just unfortunate the rest of us aren't nearly as impressed with you as you are with yourself.

Cute try Spinderella but you're contradicting yourself. You say I accuse "everyone" who questions me of being mafia but your only evidence is the Fredo exchange where I not only didn't accuse him of being mafia, but shortly after detailed why I think he might be innocent.

Go ahead and give some examples of me calling someone who questions me mafia. I think you'll find it difficult finding the posts considering they don't exist.

So.. You're either lying, misrepresenting, or are "misremembering" (to borrow a Roger Clemens word). Which one is it Nicky? I'd like an answer please.

You're a little slow on the uptake huh? I'm asking you a straight forward question again you answer by trying to portray me as some know it all a-hole. I'm neither "thumping my chest" or acting "over the top". These are cute little phrases you're coming up with to try and make me look bad. While I don't mind (its kinda funny actually) I still wonder why you refuse to answer my question.

So you see Tony his exaggerated claim against me has only served to strengthen my case. The fact that he refuses to answer the question or contribute any analysis other than saying he's losing confidence in me makes it stronger.

Go back and look at Nicky's play this entire game. It's about as vanilla as it gets. No spats, no analysis, no sticking his neck out, nothing of substance other than saying I'm a douche (which my ex might agree with).

That Tony, is my case. Am I 100% certain? Nope. But it's my strong belief he's dirty and no one else is coming close to getting my vote unless there's another hard deadline.

Holy oversimplification. No Tony and you should have seen that earlier. If you didn't here it is.

So you see Tony his exaggerated claim against me has only served to strengthen my case. The fact that he refuses to answer the question or contribute any analysis other than saying he's losing confidence in me makes it stronger.

Go back and look at Nicky's play this entire game. It's about as vanilla as it gets. No spats, no analysis, no sticking his neck out, nothing of substance other than saying I'm a douche (which my ex might agree with).

That Tony, is my case. Am I 100% certain? Nope. But it's my strong belief he's dirty and no one else is coming close to getting my vote unless there's another hard deadline.

I feel the same way. And like I said before, I don't like that he kept his hands clean of the last lynch as well. I'll add something else in my next post.

Not quite as slow as you are considering I actually addressed it in my lost post. You know the one you quoted. Like I said, it was related to you throwing a hissy fit towards everyone who questioned you since the Doggin death reveal. Is that too difficult for you to comprehend? I don't need to portray you as anything, your actions are saying all that needs to be said.

And I find it funny considering you're trying sell that I'm trying to make you look bad while you're spewing random diarrhea trying to sell your god awfully wrong case on me just because I pointed out how full of crap your "there's no way I could be scum" rants were. All you've done is make definitive statements based on nothing, talked about how right you are and then pissed and moaned when people dared to not bow down to your genius. The fact is that you either knew who Doggin was because you're scum or just got lucky, that much is blatantly clear now. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm trying to figure out if you're a really poor scum player or just a dangerously bad townie. The more you go on, the more I'm convinced it's the former.

This post kinda makes sense to me. Exaggerated and extreme, but certainly not crossing over into misrepresentation.

That being said, I think it'd be helpful if you laid out some thoughts on some other players.

Fair enough, and I'll admit that Lefty has begun to grate on my nerves which has caused me to lose my focus as well as exaggerate the points a bit. I've gotten caught up in it a little and so haven't really gotten real strong vibes on others just yet. I'll go back and take a look and try to get a stronger read on other players and share my overall thoughts either tonight or in the morning.

I know he's still a few votes away, but just wanted to mention to everyone else to be wary of jumping on the Frank bandwagon and allowing a speed lynch to potentially occur. Even if you think he's deserving of a lynch, consider that we need to at least give him a chance to reveal. We've seen power roles get speed-lynched before in these games before the person had a chance to reveal, lets not repeat the same mistakes.

Ok, so he made this post before Frank showed up, he didn't post again until after the lynch deadline about 43 hours later. Basically, even though he wasn't on either of the top two trains, he took the weekend off and didn't show up until after the deadline. I guess he didn't care if there was a random lynch. Anyway...

Sorry for not posting the past few days guys, I was away for most of the weekend. I thought this would probably turn out this way, as it looked like this is the way it was headed. Especially once it became clear Frank didn't have a power role. I don't think anyone is particularly surprised at this result. More often than not you're not going to see mafia completely disappear and make themselves such big targets the way Frank did.

Obviously at this point we now have to work off of the voting patterns. Unfortunately, this was one of those convenient lynches for the mafia where it seemed like we were probably lynching an innocent even as it was happening and everyone will claim it was his own fault no matter which side they're on. That always makes it a little tougher on us, the only real thing is trying to catch those that were trying too hard to either (A) make a case that wasn't their or (B) distance themselves from any blame with the impending lynch of an innocent.

Here's his first post after leaving on Friday. My problem is that he came back and basically said he knew it would happen, which is a little scummy in itself; but then he says that he especially knew it would happen when Frank came back and didn't reveal. Problem is that he wasn't here when Frank came back because he took the whole weekend off. So he is either talking out of his ass, or he was here during the weekend lurking, which would make his non-vote of Fredo/Frank even more scummy, imo.

Fair enough, and I'll admit that Lefty has begun to grate on my nerves which has caused me to lose my focus as well as exaggerate the points a bit.

That's called a guilty conscience.

I've gotten caught up in it a little and so haven't really gotten real strong vibes on others just yet. I'll go back and take a look and try to get a stronger read on other players and share my overall thoughts either tonight or in the morning.

A week and a half into the game and you have no strong vibes huh? That's usually a side-effect of knowing who's innocent and guilty..... because you're mafia.

I haven't finished reading but want to give some general thoughts. I agree with much of what Tony Montana's been saying. As an outsider reading my previous incarnation's posts.. I hope its obvious he was a townie who stopped caring. Going after the easy targets, Frank and myself, is more notable in my opinion.

I'll finish catching up tomorrow and can post in more detail when I get out of work. Work is pretty crazy right now but.. it should be an improvement over the other Michael.

Fair enough, and I'll admit that Lefty has begun to grate on my nerves which has caused me to lose my focus as well as exaggerate the points a bit. I've gotten caught up in it a little and so haven't really gotten real strong vibes on others just yet. I'll go back and take a look and try to get a stronger read on other players and share my overall thoughts either tonight or in the morning.

Ok.. I'm inclined to hear you out before coming to any conclusions.

But i think you need to up the ante a bit on contributions, now that Virgil and lefty are after you..

Actually, reading over Nicky's posts I got to say i'm not buying what he's selling. Early on, most of his posts were stick a toe in the water, make general observations, without really getting involved in prodding and pressuring. Like I said, i'm suspicious of those who are more concerned about not making any enemies and making friends than trying to solve the puzzle. I.e. more concerned about how scummy they look.

Also, it's interesting to me know that it was only once there was some heat applied, he's starting to get more active and defensive and involved in the conversation. In addition, for whatever reason, there seems to be some traction to this wagon. Now, I don't know if Michael Coreleone is innocent or not (hard to tell with someone who went completely awol. Possibly a bored townie...) but it seems to me that if he was innocent, scum could possibly go for the easy lynches. I'd rather pressure the people who are flying under the radar in my opinion.

Vote: Nicky

I haven't finished reading but want to give some general thoughts. I agree with much of what Tony Montana's been saying. As an outsider reading my previous incarnation's posts.. I hope its obvious he was a townie who stopped caring. Going after the easy targets, Frank and myself, is more notable in my opinion.

I'll finish catching up tomorrow and can post in more detail when I get out of work. Work is pretty crazy right now but.. it should be an improvement over the other Michael.

That's understandable, it's hard for all of us who have to get a read on the "new" Michael. If it helps, you've nearly doubled the content the old Michael provided. :cheers:

Just don't pull one of those disappearing acts your predecessor was so fond of.

Ok , I lost your first post in the rest of the nonsense about whether or not you've been accusatory towards anyone accusing you. Really, the stuff with doggin just got boring and now this is too, while wrangle over whether or not you accused everyone, or most people. It's silly. I have to admit to skimming posts after awhile when the debate becomes about how much one person is exaggerating.

ftr, I find Nicki's points on you within an acceptable level of exxageration. You being a chest pounding, glory seeking, paranoid sociopath is a charicterization that works for me frankly.

That being said, your first post is a good one, which is why Nicki needs to bring something to the plate, and soon.

Also, while I dont' believe you're sticking to doggin in anyway innoculates you, I'm inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt in the near term. Imo, you and Michael are my two least favorite candidates for a lynch today.

Lastly, please give me your thoughts on the mouth breather crusholio capone. No need for tunnel vision on day 2.

That's understandable, it's hard for all of us who have to get a read on the "new" Michael. If it helps, you've nearly doubled the content the old Michael provided. :cheers:

Just don't pull one of those disappearing acts your predecessor was so fond of.

Speaking of under the radar. And not to say that you haven't provided content, but I've completely lost you in shuffle and have no vibe on you whatsoever. I am going to reread you now and see if i can rectify that.

Tony Montana, I meant to ask you something that was bugging me, why were you all up in Virgil's grille the prior day only to switch off to Capone? I'm currently leaning inno on you atm, but it seems like you are kind of guilty on tunnel vision yourself. Is there some sort of ulterior agenda to all this?

Speaking of under the radar. And not to say that you haven't provided content, but I've completely lost you in shuffle and have no vibe on you whatsoever. I am going to reread you now and see if i can rectify that.

Feel free to look, analyze, examine, dismember anything i've said. I've got nothing to hide. If people want to ask me questions, feel free to ask me anything.

Ok , I lost your first post in the rest of the nonsense about whether or not you've been accusatory towards anyone accusing you. Really, the stuff with doggin just got boring and now this is too, while wrangle over whether or not you accused everyone, or most people. It's silly. I have to admit to skimming posts after awhile when the debate becomes about how much one person is exaggerating.

It's called pressure Tony. If I can be that fly that keeps buzzing around his face while he's trying to sleep then maybe he'll snap and expose himself. I'm surprised I have to explain it.

I'm sorry my exchange with Doggin and now Nicky isn't entertaining enough for you but I'm more concerned with winning than being your jester.

ftr, I find Nicki's points on you within an acceptable level of exxageration. You being a chest pounding, glory seeking, paranoid sociopath is a charicterization that works for me frankly.

So does this mean you like me? Jokes aside I can see how my posts following Aces death could have rubbed people the wrong way but what can I say... It was early, I was tired, and yeah... maybe I got a little too proud of myself.

Lastly, please give me your thoughts on the mouth breather crusholio capone. No need for tunnel vision on day 2.

Crusher is acting strange but I don't know what to make of him quite yet. It's possible he's acting like a spaz because he lost his teacher in Ace. To be honest if the Nicky train stalls and I have to move my vote it's probably going to him.

Everyone else seems to be playing it close to the vest. I have some ideas but I don't want to spread myself too thin. You have a good point about the tunnel vision but I just believe that Nicky is not on the side of the town whether it be mafia or maybe even MJ.

Tony Montana, I meant to ask you something that was bugging me, why were you all up in Virgil's grille the prior day only to switch off to Capone? I'm currently leaning inno on you atm, but it seems like you are kind of guilty on tunnel vision yourself. Is there some sort of ulterior agenda to all this?

Well. I've gotten 0 traction on virgil thus far, decided to reread, and Capone jumped out at me ...

If i get no traction there, I might move elsewhere.

Feel free to look, analyze, examine, dismember anything i've said. I've got nothing to hide. If people want to ask me questions, feel free to ask me anything.

Just reread u. Spent all day 1 chasing down sonny, got on late on a few bandwagons, but your posts have been clean.

Archived