JN Mafia: AOL GAME THREAD

ZachEY

This post makes no sense at all. Why would you even say this 14 hours from the deadline? We knew Frank wasn't Irish Jet, so it's not like (if he was so inclined) he wouldn't have been able to do this at the deadline, if necessary - so what possible reason could an innocent have for self-voting "to prevent a random lynch" with that much time left to go?

Just seems like it was designed to incite people to finally hammer Frank, and given the timing of the final two votes, it seems to have worked.

It was "designed" to incite a smile on someones face. It's called humor. :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only problem I see is that it was the same 2 people really pushing a weak case against me and it wasnt too long between votes that both of them decided to move. And you know they already had the built in excuse that they were moving votes because they werent gaining any headway voting me.

Dont know if that means anything but since I know they were pushing me, I figured I would point it out. It might be too obvious to link them as a team, they are dumb but I dont think they are that dumb.

I still suspect you, Henry. This post is more BS. If one of the things I don't like about you is the weak case I felt you were putting together on Fredo, why would I move from you to Fredo? That makes no sense. In fact, it was Frank doing exactly that that helped push me onto his train.

We were stalled for a long time. Frank prompted those of us voting for you to choose between him and Fredo. I chose Frank.

The people I find suspicious are the ones who chose not to take a stand either way. Tony Montana, in particular, is throwing around a lot of accusations from his squeaky clean perch as a late lone vote for Virgil. And Sonny, who drew a lot of heat early, gets away last night without even having a vote cast.

Definately unfortunate, but not unexpected considering the odds. Some of the last couple of games have shown that losing town first day doesn't prevent the town from winning in the end. The early inactives if allowed to linger provide distractions later on which negatively impact the town (Woody and Sonny come to mind). So the town is not in bad shape.

lol.. you're funny.

Hurry up and put your NK in so the game can proceed.

Sure, coming right up ;)

(See, that's humor. "Why don't you vote yourself if you're so concerned about a random lynch" isn't humor - it's argument: "see, you're lying when you say you'd rather go down as a roleless innocent than have a random lynch - if you were telling the truth, you'd be voting for yourself". Nothing in the delivery indicated anything else, either - humor generally isn't followed up by the eyeroll smiley)

I bet you had that post prepared well before that lynch. Did you have your NK prepared too?

Anyway, I would have waited until closer to the deadline to hammer, but based on how slow the game moved over the weekend I don't blame them for finishing it. There wasn't going to be another realistic option presented in time to avoid the random lynch unless someone did something incredibly stupid. Frank/Fredo were obviously much better options than a random lynch; I would have been happy with either. It was coming time to make a decision even if it was between two relatively thin cases.

At that point there was one choice to be made - Fredo or Frank meaning which did you find more scummy. If you weren't happy voting for Frank then you should have voted for Fredo and vice versa.

Personally, I'm concerned with the guys who didn't take a stance on one of the two once it became clear that we had to make that decision. (Montana, Nicky, Sonny) Those are the ones who really wanted to keep themselves clean and my guess is that at least one of those three are scum.

I'm not too upset that we lynched him to be honest. Based on his poor effort, after he finally showed up I'm not convinced he would have been active without constant pressure on him, and that would have been a waste of time.

BS. I said numerous times I preferred Fredo over Frank and would've switched if given the chance.

I still suspect you, Henry. This post is more BS. If one of the things I don't like about you is the weak case I felt you were putting together on Fredo, why would I move from you to Fredo? That makes no sense. In fact, it was Frank doing exactly that that helped push me onto his train.

We were stalled for a long time. Frank prompted those of us voting for you to choose between him and Fredo. I chose Frank.

The people I find suspicious are the ones who chose not to take a stand either way. Tony Montana, in particular, is throwing around a lot of accusations from his squeaky clean perch as a late lone vote for Virgil. And Sonny, who drew a lot of heat early, gets away last night without even having a vote cast.

I am not "pushing" a case, nor did I ever put one together. I have said this many times, I jokingly voted Fredo and his response is why I havent switched my vote. If you want to claim that I am "pushing" for Fredo, then let it be known if I you feel I am "pushing", what I am "pushing", is his reaction to heat.

And I never said you should move to Fredo and I also prefaced those posts by saying, I dont know what to make of it, but it should be noted what you 2 did because it could potentially be a team strategy. I also said, you are stupid, but not that stupid. So in a sense I was saying, this is highly unlikely, but something to consider.

Sorry for not posting the past few days guys, I was away for most of the weekend. I thought this would probably turn out this way, as it looked like this is the way it was headed. Especially once it became clear Frank didn't have a power role. I don't think anyone is particularly surprised at this result. More often than not you're not going to see mafia completely disappear and make themselves such big targets the way Frank did.

Obviously at this point we now have to work off of the voting patterns. Unfortunately, this was one of those convenient lynches for the mafia where it seemed like we were probably lynching an innocent even as it was happening and everyone will claim it was his own fault no matter which side they're on. That always makes it a little tougher on us, the only real thing is trying to catch those that were trying too hard to either (A) make a case that wasn't their or (B) distance themselves from any blame with the impending lynch of an innocent.

BS. I said numerous times I preferred Fredo over Frank and would've switched if given the chance.

You were given a chance, Montana.

Frank was L-2 the entire weekend until Sunday night at around 8:30 pm when MW cast the 8th vote. You voted Friday night for Virgil when it was 7 to 6, Frank to Fredo and we were looking at a Monday noon deadline.

Sure, coming right up ;)

(See, that's humor. "Why don't you vote yourself if you're so concerned about a random lynch" isn't humor - it's argument: "see, you're lying when you say you'd rather go down as a roleless innocent than have a random lynch - if you were telling the truth, you'd be voting for yourself". Nothing in the delivery indicated anything else, either - humor generally isn't followed up by the eyeroll smiley)

So now you're saying that I'm scum because you don't appreciate my sense of humor? Well at least that's better than the ridiculous nonsense you were trying to spoon feed everyone earlier.

So now you're saying that I'm scum because you don't appreciate my sense of humor? Well at least that's better than the ridiculous nonsense you were trying to spoon feed everyone earlier.

:rolleyes:

To paraphrase an annoying elf from Dora the Explorer . . .

"The way you spin, you're sure to win. Spin spin spin, sure to win . . ."

I take it this post wasn't meant to be humorous considering you used the rolley-eyed emoticon.

The eyeroll was to indicate that I think your claim is ridiculous - you know, just what your eyeroll was used for in the post you're now claiming was "just a joke"

The rest of the post was an argument + funny. Note, I'm not the only one who found your post scummy, though I'm sure you'll play it off like I was.

RmrjX6NL0u8

At :35 and :55 Chris Rock isn't talking about rims. He's talking about you

Henry, I didn't brand the case you're making against Fredo, I just said you were pushing a case. This is just a sample of your posts about Fredo:

Personally, I dont like Fredo. And thats where my vote stays.

Once we found out it was Doggin, I know that his style, I moved my vote to you, 2nd to do so, because you suck.

Yeah, I dont like you. I dont like the way you play. Your reactions have been scummy. The fact that you have a problem with Frank but keep your vote based off an admitted weak case on me is also scummy.
Yep. He is throwing out all sorts of scum tells.

My experience with players like Fredo is that they are typically scum who gets through a couple of days when we could have had him day 1.

The last two have a very interesting irony to them:

Fredo showed a typical scum tell by creating a reactive case and then throwing around different ideas and never moving his vote.

I dont know how much we can take away from this, but I do find it slightly ironic that the 2 people pushing hardest for me on an extremely weak case are the 2 that changed their votes to drop the hammer.

Is creating a reactive case against people who find you scummy a scum tell or not?

I guess it's harder to see when you're directly involved, but I still don't see how the case against Fredo is any stronger than the case against you - which I fully admit is weak! That's what happens on day one, weak cases.

The eyeroll was to indicate that I think your claim is ridiculous - you know, just what your eyeroll was used for in the post you're now claiming was "just a joke"

The rest of the post was an argument + funny. Note, I'm not the only one who found your post scummy, though I'm sure you'll play it off like I was.

RmrjX6NL0u8

At :35 and :55 Chris Rock isn't talking about rims. He's talking about you

The guy who was going ballistic on everyone for not understanding his humor also found my post scummy. The same guy you defended.

You can't make this stuff up.

I suggest you focus your significant mental power elsewhere counselor. I'm enjoying the dance we have going on but I'm sure others are getting bored.

You were given a chance, Montana.

Frank was L-2 the entire weekend until Sunday night at around 8:30 pm when MW cast the 8th vote. You voted Friday night for Virgil when it was 7 to 6, Frank to Fredo and we were looking at a Monday noon deadline.

Given a chance? Friday night to Monday noon is 2 1/2 days. I preferred to lynch Virgil over either Fredo or Frank, so I pursued that when i switched from Fredo to Virgil.

Given a chance? Friday night to Monday noon is 2 1/2 days. I preferred to lynch Virgil over either Fredo or Frank, so I pursued that when i switched from Fredo to Virgil.

Yes, you were given nearly 2 days to vote for Fredo again. That's a long enough time. Your prior post gave the impression that you didn't have the chance to vote for Fredo, but you did.

Also, you placed a vote on someone who no one else voted for when there were two other players L-2 and L-3 and we were facing a random lynch deadline. So how were you going to get others to vote for Virgil in order to avoid the random lynch?

Yes, you were given nearly 2 days to vote for Fredo again. That's a long enough time. Your prior post gave the impression that you didn't have the chance to vote for Fredo, but you did.

Also, you placed a vote on someone who no one else voted for when there were two other players L-2 and L-3 and we were facing a random lynch deadline. So how were you going to get others to vote for Virgil in order to avoid the random lynch?

Well, I said I preferred Fredo over Frank so that should indicate I was willing/going to switch on Monday morning if need be.

And it's no my fault nobody liked my case on Virgil, doesn't mean I'm wrong for making it.

I've also got my eye on Nicky for this very reason - his charming disposition notwithstanding.

Henry, I didn't brand the case you're making against Fredo, I just said you were pushing a case. This is just a sample of your posts about Fredo:

The last two have a very interesting irony to them:

Is creating a reactive case against people who find you scummy a scum tell or not?

I guess it's harder to see when you're directly involved, but I still don't see how the case against Fredo is any stronger than the case against you - which I fully admit is weak! That's what happens on day one, weak cases.

I feel like I have to repeat myself a lot with you pillow biter. I dont think I was pushing anything...it wasnt like I was trying to get people to throw votes at him. I just stated my case. Personally, I find a case against reaction be a ton more definitive then voting patterns on day 1. I find cases based off voting patterns on the first day to be very weak. But, overall, I agree day 1 cases are weak in general.

And once again, in regards to my posts about you and Fredo dropping the hammer on Frank. I dont know that it means if anything, I just was pointing out that 2 players that we clinching to IMO a weak case that was outside ther realm of the 2 biggest targets happened to be the same players who eventually dropped the hammer on Frank an innocent little child who likes to play Soccer.

By no means am I saying its scummy to have suspicions of me, thats natural and I have created attention to myself by acting like an ******* on day 1 in honor of the orginal Henry Hill, EY. Who is an *******. For the record, I like you, you seem like a nice guy for someone who takes it in the pooper.

Well, I said I preferred Fredo over Frank so that should indicate I was willing/going to switch on Monday morning if need be.

And it's no my fault nobody liked my case on Virgil, doesn't mean I'm wrong for making it.

You started your case on me on Friday, and nobody joined you through Sunday. When you saw that no one was budging, you should have put your vote back on Fredo if you thought Frank was innocent. Maybe you were content letting him be lynched so that you could push a case on day 2 based on his innocence. And you didn't waste any time, starting it with the first post after the lynch result.

You started your case on me on Friday, and nobody joined you through Sunday. When you saw that no one was budging, you should have put your vote back on Fredo if you thought Frank was innocent. Maybe you were content letting him be lynched so that you could push a case on day 2 based on his innocence. And you didn't waste any time, starting it with the first post after the lynch result.

haha. as did you. WHen I last was on Sunday the votes where at 7-6 or 7-5. I logged back in Sunday night to find him dead.. I thought EY wasn't coming back until monday so saw no reason to put Fredo within striking distance, when I preferred your lynch..

haha. as did you. WHen I last was on Sunday the votes where at 7-6 or 7-5. I logged back in Sunday night to find him dead.. I thought EY wasn't coming back until monday so saw no reason to put Fredo within striking distance, when I preferred your lynch..

It was clear at that time that a decision had to be made between those two. If you thought Frank was innocent and Fredo was a better lynch, that should have been reason enough to "put him within striking distance". Wasting time with another lynch, no matter how much better you think the case was shouldn't have been an option barring someone doing something extremely stupid. Lefty knew he had to make a choice instead of continuing to pursue a case against Ace; imo you should have known to make a decision as well.

It was clear at that time that a decision had to be made between those two. If you thought Frank was innocent and Fredo was a better lynch, that should have been reason enough to "put him within striking distance". Wasting time with another lynch, no matter how much better you think the case was shouldn't have been an option barring someone doing something extremely stupid. Lefty knew he had to make a choice instead of continuing to pursue a case against Ace; imo you should have known to make a decision as well.

Also sunday, most players hadn't checked in. Was going to wait as long as I could to see if when folks did check in, if there was some momentum towards you. I could've logged back in Sunday night to find 4 other people on you, instead of 2 more on Frank..

I feel like I have to repeat myself a lot with you pillow biter. I dont think I was pushing anything...it wasnt like I was trying to get people to throw votes at him. I just stated my case. Personally, I find a case against reaction be a ton more definitive then voting patterns on day 1. I find cases based off voting patterns on the first day to be very weak. But, overall, I agree day 1 cases are weak in general.

And once again, in regards to my posts about you and Fredo dropping the hammer on Frank. I dont know that it means if anything, I just was pointing out that 2 players that we clinching to IMO a weak case that was outside ther realm of the 2 biggest targets happened to be the same players who eventually dropped the hammer on Frank an innocent little child who likes to play Soccer.

By no means am I saying its scummy to have suspicions of me, thats natural and I have created attention to myself by acting like an ******* on day 1 in honor of the orginal Henry Hill, EY. Who is an *******. For the record, I like you, you seem like a nice guy for someone who takes it in the pooper.

It's a fair point, I will not deny it. Most importantly, I will not deny that at the core, dropping the hammer on Frank was a self-preservation thing. We were at a point we knew he wasn't going to add anything else (like being a roled player), and since no other train was going to get enough steam in around 12 hours or so, the options were Frank or Me. And I could drop the hammer then (not knowing if I'd be able to get back in the morning or not), and insure I live. I won't write it off as a play of anything else.

Welcome!

You've Got Mail!

reginaldveljohnson.jpg

Sonny LoSpecchio, The Parent (Cop), who had been checking up on his kids online was invited over. He thought something was amiss, but he went to check it out. Realizing the mistake they had made, the pedophiles needed to kill him to keep him quiet.

But that wasn't all that happened that night. Neverland Ranch had a bit of a mix-up too, when Michael Jackson invited over Ace Rothstein. Thinking he was in for some easy action, he showed up. When bodyguards realized what happened, he was quickly siezed and thrown in the underground tunnels of the Ranch.

fortecgi.jpg

Ace Rothstein, a Pedophile, is dead.

Day 2 has begun. With 14 players remaining, it takes 8 to lynch.

1. Tony Montana
  2. Henry Hill
  3. Lefty Ruggerio
  4. John Rooney
  5. Carlito Brigante
  6. Al Capone
  7. Ace Rothstein - Night 1 - Pedophile - Neverland Ranch
  8. Marcellus Wallace
  9. Nicky Santoro
  10. Sonny LoSpecchio - Night 1 - Parent (Cop) - Invited Over
  11. Michael Corleone
  12. Tommy DeVito