Phillies beat Santana, Mets to complete 3-game sweep

JetNation

Joe Blanton pitched four-hit ball into the eighth inning and Jimmy Rollins and Chase Utley each homered off Johan Santana, leading the Philadelphia Phillies to a 2-0 victory over the New York Mets on Sunday to complete a three-game sweep of their NL East rival.

emailthis.png delicious.gif digg.gif facebook.gif

img.phdo?p=1

More...

The METS are completely unwatchable @ this juncture.

The sad part is I don't think they have reached rock bottom yet --

THey need thoses players back badly -- lots of baseball left -- at least enough to keep me going til the Jets season starts

THey need thoses players back badly -- lots of baseball left -- at least enough to keep me going til the Jets season starts

They are saved by the fact that the NL East is a garbage division. The Phillies/Marlins arent going to run away with it, they still have a chance after the AS break when they get key players back to make a run.

Can't win if you can't score. They need players back to have any chance. This AAA lineup ain't cutting it .

Can't win if you can't score. They need players back to have any chance. This AAA lineup ain't cutting it .

Can't keep leaning on the injuries as a crutch; if there's one thing all the Mets' injury problems has revealed its that the farm system is completely dry outside of Fernando Martinez, Brad Holt, and a few others (all of which are at least 1 year away).

Every team BUT THE METS seems to have at least one "diamond in the rough" that comes out of the minor leagues, catches everyone by surprise and takes the league by storm. When was the last time the Mets have had this?

GOOD TEAMS find ways to adequately replace injured players. They don't necesarrily need to do it with world-beaters, just be satisfactory replacements.

Can't keep leaning on the injuries as a crutch; if there's one thing all the Mets' injury problems has revealed its that the farm system is completely dry outside of Fernando Martinez, Brad Holt, and a few others (all of which are at least 1 year away).

Every team BUT THE METS seems to have at least one "diamond in the rough" that comes out of the minor leagues, catches everyone by surprise and takes the league by storm. When was the last time the Mets have had this?

GOOD TEAMS find ways to adequately replace injured players. They don't necesarrily need to do it with world-beaters, just be satisfactory replacements.

This is the biggest indictment of the Mets- the farm system is bare- the best prospects are below Double A -not near major league READY.

Dwight Gooden :P

This is the biggest indictment of the Mets- the farm system is bare- the best prospects are below Double A -not near major league READY.

Their AAA team in Buffalo is currently 26-51 so there's no help there.

Archived