For once......MLS is ahead of the curve.

PFSIKH

Ok, so it is not for anything relevant.

---------------------------------------------

Serie A and Serie B allowed to separate

Italy's football governing body Lega Calcio has officially approved the split of the Serie A and Serie B leagues, and they will now run as separate entities.

The leagues will be under the leadership of newly appointed president Maurizo Beretta until the official split takes effect at the end of July next year.

AC Milan's Adiano Galliani will be vice president of Serie A and Triestina's Stefano Fantinel will become vice president of Serie B until the official structure is designed.

Elections for vice president of Lega Calcio are set to take place this week, and Roma's Rosella Sensi is in the running. Eight board directors will also be selected.

----------------------------------------

When I originally saw this on ESPN ticker, I thought WTF. It makes sense. Does anyone have an idea how much money the Serie A gives Serie B?

One article I read said it was done to combat recent moves like Kaka to Spain.

What the **** does this have to do with MLS?

Serie A is not going to be financially beholden to Serie B. The EPL did this 15 or so years ago in order for the top league to be more viable in internationals. It has been a success.

MLS never entered into a partnership with the A-League and later the renamed USL. As 'fluid' as A-League/USL has been since the MLS inception, not forming a single professional structure has been a good move by MLS.

Serie A is not going to be financially beholden to Serie B. The EPL did this 15 or so years ago in order for the top league to be more viable in internationals. It has been a success.

MLS never entered into a partnership with the A-League and later the renamed USL. As 'fluid' as A-League/USL has been since the MLS inception, not forming a single professional structure has been a good move by MLS.

OHHHH, now I get it.

Probably should have at least mentioned the MLS in your post.

Archived