Arent you glad Sanchez isnt 'learning' by holding a clipboard?

SouthernJet

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well season over.

I repsect all opinions on whether Sanchez should have sat awhile or not.

I can see us with a better season record if he didnt play right away and IF we had a veteran not named Clemens.

But at the end of the day, I think what we saw from sanchez yesterday was something we might not have seen if he didnt have all those games under his belt.

I saw from him yesterday what you only see in a few. He hung in there till last second on throws, he threw off back foot a few times, he had great pocket awareness.

I hope I am not wrong, but I think 2010 is looking very bright with him experienced on opening day next year as opposed to many less games under his belt. Throw in Leon and Jenkins out, I think it ende dup a good thing we gave him 16 games to learn from this year.

I really think a 12 win season is within reach next year now.

In the end, we are all Jet fans and only want whats best for our team.

Have a great off-season.

This is one of those cases where the result (playoff run and especially the last game), seems to be greater than the sum of it's parts (most of the regular season).

Sanchez rewarded Rex for starting him, even if he killed him along the way.

This is one of those cases where the result (playoff run and especially the last game), seems to be greater than the sum of it's parts (most of the regular season).

Sanchez rewarded Rex for starting him, even if he killed him along the way.

yup.

It seemed the 'light' went on in last few games and I think his confidence in the playbook showed also.

sanchez earned full respect yesterday. in the biggest game of his life he played ball. future is very bright indeed.

he was very very good yeasterday in the things that mean future success,,hangin in there with pressur eon you,,puttin ball where only WR can get it etc etc

One year in the books and Sanchez was able to get 18 NFL games (missed 1) worth of experience. As we head into next season, he has to be further along than if he had sat and only played in 8 or 9 games. After all what was the rub on the kid coming out of college? His main weakness was not enough game time in college. Wouldn't have made sense not to play him as much as possible.

• 2 years later...

Archived