Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Jbro22

That's true, I have to be close to getting the Red dot on the Famas... I might go do it just to rank up quicker. Not sure though. I've been just looking through the perks and all that stuff and dreaming up my classes. Everyone I know is high on the UMP and Vektro, but they're more run and gun type players. I prefer to move at a slower pace although last night I was running amok trying to learn the maps. I got owned BAD most the night.

Good lord I want to go home and play more already.

100%

With WaW I played the Beta for a week or so before the game came out, and learned like 4 or 5 of the levels. So it wasn't like I was thrown into the fire like I am now.

The best and worst part of playing the first day it comes out is that NO ONE knows where to go. So from the jump everyones running in different directions. When I got CoD4 for xmas, atleast I was able to follow people around.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
old school here; pinball

I had pong, colecovision, atari, nintendo, sega, PS, PS2, PSP, I am officially the OVG :)

check it out. the legendary PONG !!!! the ****ing ball is square !!!

pong-1.jpg

space invaders !!! we had this on ancient PC. this was cutting edge baby

space-invaders-screenshot.png

I eventually made it all the way to PS2, but I sold it all , just don't have time for it

I just prefer swords and axes and arrows to guns, it's all really the same stuff

the addicting part is leveling up or earning credits to buy upgrades. wicked addicting

FYI, SCAR-H FTW.

That gun is naaaasstttyyyyyy. I love it. Infinity ward does a great job of balancing weapons. The downside (to balance) the SCAR is the small magazine. I've been using the scavenger perk which has helped a lot. I'm almost up to the Bling perk.

I got the bling perk. I wasn't too pleased with the SCAR last night. But now I'm gonna have to give it another shot. It does have a small mag.

I got the bling perk. I wasn't too pleased with the SCAR last night. But now I'm gonna have to give it another shot. It does have a small mag.

It works perfectly for me. I'm a huge fan of doing my own sort of "personalized burst fire". I almost never take a AR and just let it rip, I burst it, but for some reason the SCAR's rate of fire is perfect for me. If you use it you gotta rock it with the scavenger perk cause you need that additional ammo. I'm rocking the ACOG on it now though, I'm even thinking of using two classes with the SCAR.

It's so weird once you find a gun, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. The Scar is DEFINITELY my security blanket. I also dabbled with the UMP last night, I'm liking that bad boy as well.

How do you like the bling perk? Can you use an Acog or just the holograph/red dot.

It works perfectly for me. I'm a huge fan of doing my own sort of "personalized burst fire". I almost never take a AR and just let it rip, I burst it, but for some reason the SCAR's rate of fire is perfect for me. If you use it you gotta rock it with the scavenger perk cause you need that additional ammo. I'm rocking the ACOG on it now though, I'm even thinking of using two classes with the SCAR.

It's so weird once you find a gun, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. The Scar is DEFINITELY my security blanket. I also dabbled with the UMP last night, I'm liking that bad boy as well.

How do you like the bling perk? Can you use an Acog or just the holograph/red dot.

Haven't unlocked the ACOG yet. I beleive you could though. Bling is awesome.

Yeah, I almost never spray. Only if I'm caught off gaurd and desperate.

ALK- Yeah perks are an online thing.

Okay, I've been playing this game for two days now and don't know :wtf: you guys are talking about with this perk stuff. Is this an online thing? Because I've been playing the campaign trying to get things all figured out.

Yea it's strictly online stuff. It is really what makes the game so much fun/addicting online.

Long story short you have 5 weapon slots. Within EACH gun slot you have 3 perk slots. These will affect how you play, and you tailor it to HOW you play. You can change perks for your different weapon slots. You also can choose your secondary weapon, attachments, etc.

So each perk slot you can have things you use for that SPECIFIC weapon so for example here is my set up for the SCAR-H

Scar-H

Perk 1- Scavenger: pick up extra mags from dead bodies

Perk 2- Stopping power: Increased bullet damage

Perk 3- Steady aim: Increased hip fire accuracy

Attachment: Acog Scope

Grenade: Semtex

Secondary Weapon: Machine Pistol

So you tailor each gun slot the way you want. For my SMG I focus on being faster so for my UMP it's this

UMP

Perk 1- Marathon: Unlimited spring

Perk 2- Lightweight: Get over objects faster

Perk 3- Scrambler: Scrambles enemies radar when you are close to the enemy.

http://www.themodernwarfare2.com/mw2/multiplayer/perks/

Vicious, what Kill Streaks to you use?

I'm using the UAV, Predator Missles, and the Harrier right now.

Care Package, Predator, Chopper. I almost don't bother with the UAV because lots of people have it, I'd rather get the care package and possibly get a kill streak with it to get me up to 5-7.

I feel like I get more kills with the Chopper, the harrier just doesn't do enough damage IMO. I was doing MUCH MUCH better last night, my K/D shot up last night which was nice to see.

Care Package, Predator, Chopper. I almost don't bother with the UAV because lots of people have it, I'd rather get the care package and possibly get a kill streak with it to get me up to 5-7.

I feel like I get more kills with the Chopper, the harrier just doesn't do enough damage IMO. I was doing MUCH MUCH better last night, my K/D shot up last night which was nice to see.

Yeah, I was thinking about switching mine up. I like how they give you the option to pick what you want next. Makes you think.

Ok so I'm a socom fanboy and I'm trying this game. I do like it however I have some questions. WHy the F does everyone always know where I am and they always see me before I see them? Are they lagging or what? Also why are people able to hit me from so dam far away where I cant see them? Do I need a scope cause the ones I have don't zoom in so I cant get a good shot on them. I'm a bit frustrated with this game so far. In socom I can hide and scope in and get a good snipe, in this game I have to consistently move around or I'm dead. I can't seem to be able to hide and peek around corners without being seen. HELP

ALK....did u send me an invite or something?

Yeah, I was thinking about switching mine up. I like how they give you the option to pick what you want next. Makes you think.

Definitely. Part of me wants to sacrifice the 5 kill streak to get the 11 kill streak. I like getting the care package so I think that's one I'm keeping for sure. Good lord I can't wait to play tonight.

I can't remember who sent who the invite but you're on my friend's list because I saw you go online last night. I'm not playing online yet though. I want to get more familiar with the game and get a headset first.

Ok so I'm a socom fanboy and I'm trying this game. I do like it however I have some questions. WHy the F does everyone always know where I am and they always see me before I see them? Are they lagging or what? Also why are people able to hit me from so dam far away where I cant see them? Do I need a scope cause the ones I have don't zoom in so I cant get a good shot on them. I'm a bit frustrated with this game so far. In socom I can hide and scope in and get a good snipe, in this game I have to consistently move around or I'm dead. I can't seem to be able to hide and peek around corners without being seen. HELP

SOCOM was 3rd person, so you had the added advantage of seeing around corners without poking your head out. In MW2, if you can see them they can see you. Only way around that is to find some foliage to camo with and sit still for a second or two. People react to movement, so if your not moving they won't see you as quickly. - But don't camp too much. Find a nice a building and get some high ground - thats been helping me lately.

Chances are that people just know the maps better then you. Once you learn the maps, you'll learn how to center yourself and what the hot spots are.

As far as sights go, the more you use each weapon the more sights you unlock. So you have to suck it up and use the iron sights that come with each weapon for 25(?) kills till you unlock the more usable Red Dot Scope. Theres unlockables in just about every aspect of this game - so the more you use stuff the better that stuff gets.

If I were you I would play Head Quarters. It gives you a better sense of the maps and since there's a new 'Headquarters' every 2 minutes or so you know where the enemies will be heading. - But it works the same way for them.

SOCOM was 3rd person, so you had the added advantage of seeing around corners without poking your head out. In MW2, if you can see them they can see you. Only way around that is to find some foliage to camo with and sit still for a second or two. People react to movement, so if your not moving they won't see you as quickly. - But don't camp too much. Find a nice a building and get some high ground - thats been helping me lately.

Chances are that people just know the maps better then you. Once you learn the maps, you'll learn how to center yourself and what the hot spots are.

As far as sights go, the more you use each weapon the more sights you unlock. So you have to suck it up and use the iron sights that come with each weapon for 25(?) kills till you unlock the more usable Red Dot Scope. Theres unlockables in just about every aspect of this game - so the more you use stuff the better that stuff gets.

If I were you I would play Head Quarters. It gives you a better sense of the maps and since there's a new 'Headquarters' every 2 minutes or so you know where the enemies will be heading. - But it works the same way for them.

UAV radar as well.

Ha, how could I forget that.

Yeah, UAV is the radar. So if the other team is on a roll with kill streaks theres a pretty solid chance they know where you are.

Which is also where things like using a silencer on your weapon and UAV Jammer perks work in your favor if you like to camp and prefer to remain absolutely hidden. I actually use it when I'm running and gunning cause I like to sneak up on people.

Which is also where things like using a silencer on your weapon and UAV Jammer perks work in your favor if you like to camp and prefer to remain absolutely hidden. I actually use it when I'm running and gunning cause I like to sneak up on people.

Yeah its one of those things where you'll never know how effective it really is. BUT IT IS.

So am I, considering I FINALLY SLEPT last night. I'm actually awake enough to go to the gym. After that it's pure pwnage time.

Yesterday I put in 5 hours of COD and still got to bed at 12:30. I was happy about that.

I think it would be cool if they release some of the COD 4 maps Or maybe even some WaW maps with an updated look. It would be cool if they did a vote to see what everyones favorites were. The best part about SOCOM 2 was that they had all the SOCOM 1 maps.

Not that I'm sick of the maps we have, I don't even know them all yet. But it would be cool.

Yesterday I put in 5 hours of COD and still got to bed at 12:30. I was happy about that.

I think it would be cool if they release some of the COD 4 maps Or maybe even some WaW maps with an updated look. It would be cool if they did a vote to see what everyones favorites were. The best part about SOCOM 2 was that they had all the SOCOM 1 maps.

Not that I'm sick of the maps we have, I don't even know them all yet. But it would be cool.

They might do that, it's a well known fact that IW is already hard at work for a map pack sometime early next year.

They might do that, it's a well known fact that IW is already hard at work for a map pack sometime early next year.

I heard they already have 2 packs ready. People were complaining that it was BS that they weren't included in the game.

I just love having a ton of maps, no matter what game.

It took me a while to warm up to the Match Making concept that Halo brought. But I love the fact that everyone HAS to play every map and can't just get good at one.

You know what sucks? Sitting down after a long day to play some MW2 only to find that you left your PS3 on with the controller unplugged and now it's dead. :cussing:

Bahaha.

Alright, played some of the campaign last night. WOW. The part in D.C. is an eye opener to say the least. Could you imagine that really happening? I felt like I was running through my own backyard.

Archived