Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Jbro22

Okay, the official release is like 2 weeks away. I've been waiting for this for quite some time. Who's with me?

Here are some trailers. It looks ridiculous.

Multiplayer Trailer

TL5keJSS6uw

E3 Demo Trailer

6ZUmTdeaoiQ

CTF Trailer

x55fifmC5kk

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my 5 year old loves world at war. mostly the **** zombies part though. but i have to say...he's pretty good at the online team detahmatch too. i just laugh cause i wonder if those kids know that they're getting oened by a 5 year old. that said...he wants modern warfare 2 for christmas. i don't think he realizes that there's probably not a zombies mode.

my 5 year old loves world at war. mostly the **** zombies part though. but i have to say...he's pretty good at the online team detahmatch too. i just laugh cause i wonder if those kids know that they're getting oened by a 5 year old. that said...he wants modern warfare 2 for christmas. i don't think he realizes that there's probably not a zombies mode.

I'm looking into it. I think you're right though. You know you can download new Zombie levels for World at War right?

yeah he has a couple of them. is there another new one since that one with the teleporters?

I don't know, haven't really gotten into Zombies all that much. I know theres 4. I only have the first 2. You get one with each Map Pack plus the oringinal.

I bought mine in June just waiting for it to be released. I love COD 4 and COD 5.

Yeah I had both but some how lost 4 moving home from college a couple of years ago. I was going to re buy it but 5 was coming out so I waited. 5 was good, but 4 was awesome. So I can't wait for this one. The whole WWII is so played out now, 5 felt old even though it was new. Wish I never lost 4.

I hate dogs.

Yeah I had both but some how lost 4 moving home from college a couple of years ago. I was going to re buy it but 5 was coming out so I waited. 5 was good, but 4 was awesome. So I can't wait for this one. The whole WWII is so played out now, 5 felt old even though it was new. Wish I never lost 4.

I hate dogs.

you should try to get into zombies mode. i'm not really too into video game anymore but i found it highly entertaining when i tried it.

I hate dogs.

I've been though 3 COD 4 already, I've started playing it again about a week ago to get ready for COD 6. If you haven't played 4 in a while you might want to before 6 comes out it's a lot quicker then 5.

you should try to get into zombies mode. i'm not really too into video game anymore but i found it highly entertaining when i tried it.

I used to play with my buddies, but they all went back to COD 4 and left me in the cold. It's not fun when you got no one to play with.

I've been though 3 COD 4 already, I've started playing it again about a week ago to get ready for COD 6. If you haven't played 4 in a while you might want to before 6 comes out it's a lot quicker then 5.

If I could I would. I try to play a few round of 5 here and there, and it sucks.

I used to play with my buddies, but they all went back to COD 4 and left me in the cold. It's not fun when you got no one to play with.

If I could I would. I try to play a few round of 5 here and there, and it sucks.

I'm in two different clans, Kaos and Erie (IRA), Kaos (MCK) does clan battles and Erie (IRA) is just a bunch of dudes and chicks from Ireland that are on when I get home around 4am.

We should start a JETS clan (that's what I use for my clan tag unless I'm in a clan battle), I'm using XBox not Playstation. What do you have?

It sucks playing with randoms because of team killing and just sucky play.

I'm in two different clans, Kaos and Erie (IRA), Kaos (MCK) does clan battles and Erie (IRA) is just a bunch of dudes and chicks from Ireland that are on when I get home around 4am.

We should start a JETS clan (that's what I use for my clan tag unless I'm in a clan battle), I'm using XBox not Playstation. What do you have?

It sucks playing with randoms because of team killing and just sucky play.

Im an Xbox guy aswell, and I've also used JETS as a tag. HAHA.

But yeah, I know what you're saying. JBR0. Thats all letters until the o which is really a zero.

Alright apparently some stuff got leaked, and its not good.

**Spoiler Alert** - But its some pretty crazy/immoral stuff

Its from the single player missions, and apparently you don't have to participate but they somehow worked in an option so you could play as a terrorist and there's this airport level and you legit open up and mow down civilians.

Here's the video. Its 2 minutes in, theres some fat little kid setting it up and you can see him through the reflection(unintentional comedy)

qTQKGmvUXO8

Anyways, I have no idea why they did this. And until I actually watched the footage I didn't think much of it considering all that you could do in GTA4. Yes its a Mature rating and all that, but this was a little over the top. Especially considering the amount of kids that play this game.

This will most certainty be a **** storm in the media.

Sadly enough it didn't "move me" much outside of being a fanboy and thinking OMG GRAPHICS LOOK AWESOME.

At first I didn't really care either, then I watched it. THEN I read what all these kids were saying about it, assuming they were kids by the way they were talking. And the fact that they think its funny scares me. And I don't know if its because they're kids and don't know any better, or because its not that big of a deal.

Most likely its because they're kids.

I just didn't see a need for it, a cut scene where you see the terrorists take out an airport full of civilians - fine. But to actually give you the oppurtinity to mow them down. Wow.

At first I didn't really care either, then I watched it. THEN I read what all these kids were saying about it, assuming they were kids by the way they were talking. And the fact that they think its funny scares me. And I don't know if its because they're kids and don't know any better, or because its not that big of a deal.

Most likely its because they're kids.

I just didn't see a need for it, a cut scene where you see the terrorists take out an airport full of civilians - fine. But to actually give you the oppurtinity to mow them down. Wow.

It's the shock factor to incite a reaction from people. FWIW it does allow you to skip that scene. I guess it all depends too, it becomes a dicey issue due to the mature rating. At that age you should be able to differentiate real life from video games. You know kids will get their hands on this and that's where it becomes an issue.

It's over the top, and the idea is to make you cringe.

FYI if anyone is getting the prestige edition, leaked pics of your NVG's.

http://www.mw2blog.com/leaked-modern-warfare-2-night-vision-goggle-pictures/

Definitely don't have the money for the Prestige edition, or the need for NVG's. I will however need a new controller and headset, thinking about the throat one. I would love to try it first though.

Thanks to NHL, I'm down to my last controller, thumbsticks are completely worn down. It was the oringinal controller I got with the system. My other two are in peices somewhere. I throw hissy fits worse then 7 year old girls when I lose in that game, especially if its a BS situation.

One week to go.

I was reading yesterday about the online killstreaks.

Apparently if you get 25 kills in a row, you get a Nuclear bomb and can end the match. Its been verified as true, I'll get the link. Gotta do some work first.

Yup I heard about that as well. I just heard it kills everyone on the map, doesn't end the match but regardless. A-BOMBS FTW.

Yup I heard about that as well. I just heard it kills everyone on the map, doesn't end the match but regardless. A-BOMBS FTW.

So you could theoretically get like 33+ kill streak goin. I've gone on a couple 25+'s. If I must toot my own horn.

Longest I've gone on is a 22. I'm a consistent 15 kill streak player. Yes I'm gloating.

What's your favorite set-up?

Unfortunately I haven't played 4 in a while as I lost it a couple years back. If I remember correctly it was the M4 with the red dot scope. Can't even remember what I used as perks.

Which is most of the reason I can't wait for this. WaW didn't compare to MW.

Unfortunately I haven't played 4 in a while as I lost it a couple years back. If I remember correctly it was the M4 with the red dot scope. Can't even remember what I used as perks.

Which is most of the reason I can't wait for this. WaW didn't compare to MW.

I didn't even bother. Just played Gears of War 2. Which sucks in comparison.

G3

Red Dot

Stopping Power

Extreme Conditioning

Extra Flashbangs

My boys and I have been craving a new game. Gears is just played out and it's a horribly made game, lots of hackers online. We have been dabbling in MW to get us ready for MW2. I'm actually taking Friday off of work to just play for hours on end with no interruption.

G3

Red Dot

Stopping Power

Extreme Conditioning

Extra Flashbangs

My boys and I have been craving a new game. Gears is just played out and it's a horribly made game, lots of hackers online. We have been dabbling in MW to get us ready for MW2. I'm actually taking Friday off of work to just play for hours on end with no interruption.

I just started a temp job, so I'm really not in position to take days. Doubt it, but I'm really hoping we get Veterans day. Thats Wed. after it comes out. That would be a gift from god.

Okay, the official release is like 2 weeks away. I've been waiting for this for quite some time. Who's with me?

Here are some trailers. It looks ridiculous.

Multiplayer Trailer

TL5keJSS6uw

E3 Demo Trailer

6ZUmTdeaoiQ

CTF Trailer

x55fifmC5kk

I got rid of my 360 and my HDTV to focus on studies.

So, for those of you that have played SOCOM, how does it compare to Call of Duty? SOCOM was the last game that I truly enjoyed online. I might actually consider getting this one.

I honestly think it' blows SOCOM out of the water. SOCOM was more focused on giving your team commands but COD is so... realistic and INTENSE. I mean, I cannot play it kicking my feet back. I'm sitting up on my couch, elbows on knees and just focused.

It's fun too because you really get a customizable feel for the game. Honestly the storyline is great along with severe intensity and realism but the MP is what makes this game. That's where the customization gets fun because you get to tailor make packages that suit your personality in the game.

I prefer to take part in mid-longer range fire-fights and love to run around the map, so that's why I choose a single shot AR rather then a semi-auto, and have a "perk" that allows me to run around at a full sprint for a longer time then other without it.

G3

Red Dot

Stopping Power

Extreme Conditioning

Extra Flashbangs

You are correct. Gears 2 is played out. I finally got real good at it after playing online for a couple of months and realized how many cheaters were out there. The lag in connection sucks as well and if you don't get host, you are going to get mopped up by the foreigners. I have not played any of the COD games so I guess I will have to get MW2 to see what I have been missing.

You are correct. Gears 2 is played out. I finally got real good at it after playing online for a couple of months and realized how many cheaters were out there. The lag in connection sucks as well and if you don't get host, you are going to get mopped up by the foreigners. I have not played any of the COD games so I guess I will have to get MW2 to see what I have been missing.

It's almost like Epic (game developer) doesn't really give a crap how flawed their product is cause the made millions. Host connection is an absolute necessity on client side hosting. That's why it's nice Infinity Ward made MW1 and MW2 server side. Less bull ****.

I recommend it if you like FPS's, especially if you want more "realism".

It's almost like Epic (game developer) doesn't really give a crap how flawed their product is cause the made millions. Host connection is an absolute necessity on client side hosting. That's why it's nice Infinity Ward made MW1 and MW2 server side. Less bull ****.

I recommend it if you like FPS's, especially if you want more "realism".

Epic makes Gears of War? Unreal Tournament is one of my all time favorite games.

Epic makes Gears of War? Unreal Tournament is one of my all time favorite games.

Yup. Unreal is awesome, but Epic blew Gears in my opinion. Game has so much potential but they know the bread and butter of these games is MP, and they did a piss poor job of preventing cheaters and creating the best possible MP they could. Plus I still don't get the idea of going client side hosting. Too easy to exploit and gives host insane advantages.

Story-line single player is great though.

Archived