A simple plan for the future of the Jets

Jetsfan80

New GM: Tenenbaum

New HC: Jeff Fisher

New QB: Billy Volek

Draft: D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Do it.

Tenenbaum...maybe.....but he could always be a better numbers guy (i.e. accountant) than a "people/talent" guy. In fact, I would BANK on the fact that he does what he does because he IS an accountant mind, not a talent mind.

Fisher? First, not available. Second, he's no better than Herm.

Volek? Vastly over-rated, and is already in his 30's.

Draft? Trade down, get more picks, pray for us.

Tenenbaum...maybe.....but he could always be a better numbers guy (i.e. accountant) than a "people/talent" guy. In fact, I would BANK on the fact that he does what he does because he IS an accountant mind, not a talent mind.

Fisher? First, not available. Second, he's no better than Herm.

Volek? Vastly over-rated, and is already in his 30's.

Draft? Trade down, get more picks, pray for us.

Tenenbaum is our best option if we cannot hire anyone externally as our new GM. Scouts are the ones who evaluate personnel, not necesarilly the GM. That will become Fisher's job.

Fisher no better than Herm? He's kept that train wreck in Tennessee competitive. Which team have you been watching?

Volek, overrated or not, has an arm, at least, and will be familiar with Fisher and Dinger's offense. He's better than Pennington and will come cheap. Repeat after me: WE CAN NOT AFFORD A FRANCHISE QB.

It's difficult to trade down, in any draft. You usually do not get the value you get back. Why not take a great LT? We've neglected the position for far too long.

Tenenbaum is our best option if we cannot hire anyone externally as our new GM. Scouts are the ones who evaluate personnel, not necesarilly the GM. That will become Fisher's job.

Fisher no better than Herm? He's kept that train wreck in Tennessee competitive. Which team have you been watching?

Volek, overrated or not, has an arm, at least, and will be familiar with Fisher and Dinger's offense. He's better than Pennington and will come cheap. Repeat after me: WE CAN NOT AFFORD A FRANCHISE QB.

It's difficult to trade down, in any draft. You usually do not get the value you get back. Why not take a great LT? We've neglected the position for far too long.

This really IS Jim Kensil.

Yeah, let's hire from within :roll:

And let's make sure our new GM is not suited to personnel at all #-o

PASS

I'm not saying you are definitely wrong 80, I just think differently is all.

Tann COULD be a good GM, or he COULD be a complete utter bust. Right now he's a brilliant Accountant, but an Accountant none-the-less. Being a GM is a completely different skill-set. But there is no real way for US to know, one way or the other, iff Tann posesses the needed skills.

I don't see Tenn being any more competative than uis right now. Difference is, the Jets have lost half their roster to injury. If Tenn lost the QB, #2 QB, #3 QB, had a hurt-but-playing #1 RB, lost their OLB, Center, etc, etc, etc. they'd be jsut as pathetic as us, count on it. Regardless, I highly doubt he'd be available.

If all you're looking for is an arm, why not call Jeff George, eh? Point is, Volek is older, and is a career backup for a reason. It takes more than an arm to start in this league. I just don't see Volek as a real #1.

As for Furgy the O-lineman, he's fine, maybe better than fine. But as I see it, we have too many holes not to trade down as much as humanly possible.

• 6 months later...

Archived