Rex Ryan gushes about Antonio Cromartie

NIGHT STALKER

I just posted the article...but check on the link below and read the comments to get a grasp what other fans are thinking about the Jets...it's almost laughable.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/04/rex-ryan-gushes-about-antonio-cromartie/

Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2010 10:52 PM ET

On Tuesday, Jets coach Rex Ryan talked to the media about cornerback Darrelle Revis, reiterating that he's the best cornerback in the game and saying nothing to make him feel isolated or alone during his holdout.

On Wednesday, Ryan barely mentioned Revis during a lengthy press conference. In fact, the only time his name came up came when Ryan was hyping up the guy who'll help fill the void, if Revis' holdout extends into the regular season.

"He has all the tools," Ryan said regarding Antonio Cromartie. "We want him to be physical. He's got these great long arms and strong hands, let's use them. Let's be more physical at the line. His ball skills are God given. I don't know how to describe him. I've never seen anything like that. Somebody is calling him a spider because he's so long, he's tall, and he's got those long arms. That's why he gets all those interceptions. Don't forget he can reach out six feet. He's a rare guy."

At this rate, two of the team's cornerbacks will eventually want $15.1 million per year.

Archived