Rex Ryan: "I don't like Tom Brady. I respect him, but I don't like him"

Jetfan13

They're not even good at it either.

nope. it's always but everyone else was doing it. Or, if that's the case, then holding is cheating.

Hey, I'm not saying that without the videotaping they wouldn't have done the same, but the simple fact of the matter, than whether it helped or not, whether it went on forever or not, they were caught and the sports world views those victories as tainted.

The biggest screw up is the arrogance of the HC, when immediately before the season, all teams get a memo from the commish <but the memo was because of complaints against the pats> to not do this and then they go and do it to the team they believe told on them.

If it is not arrogance, then it must be stupidity. Take your pick.

This is probably my hate talking, but I don't get the 'elite' vibe from brady that I do from Peyton Manning.

Put Peyton and Tom behind the Lions' 2008 OL. Who wins more games, and who's in the hospital?

Similarly, we made the AFC Championship game with a QB we didn't even trust. So does the QB really have to be a star? Give me a great OL, a well-coached Defense, and any ok QB will have time in the pocket to look like a star.

exactly. I've often said that had Chad been a patriot and brady a Jet, that Brady would be backing up Henne right now in fish country.

nope. it's always but everyone else was doing it. Or, if that's the case, then holding is cheating.

Hey, I'm not saying that without the videotaping they wouldn't have done the same, but the simple fact of the matter, than whether it helped or not, whether it went on forever or not, they were caught and the sports world views those victories as tainted.

The biggest screw up is the arrogance of the HC, when immediately before the season, all teams get a memo from the commish <but the memo was because of complaints against the pats> to not do this and then they go and do it to the team they believe told on them.

If it is not arrogance, then it must be stupidity. Take your pick.

You know what it is, he's a cheat! He could not help himself! He is what he is!

All of their super bowl wins were won by 3 points, if it helped them a smidge, it could have been the difference.

But you are right, regardless of anything, they were caught cheating.

They are known cheaters, and it's all tainted!

This is probably my hate talking, but I don't get the 'elite' vibe from brady that I do from Peyton Manning.

Put Peyton and Tom behind the Lions' 2008 OL. Who wins more games, and who's in the hospital?

Similarly, we made the AFC Championship game with a QB we didn't trust. Give me a great OL, a well-coached Defense, and any ok QB will have time in the pocket to look like a star.

You're kidding, right? I get the biggest "elite" vibe from Peyton. I especially love his theatrics on the field and the way he, and Polian, constantly place the blame on the o-line, the d-line, the whatever, when it comes to any loss. You have just fallen in love with Commercial-ho Peyton. And, lets be real, he's good in all of 'em. His Saturday Night Live stint was awesome. Good for him. He'll have a well-paying gig when he retires.

I think I have said this before. I rather doubt players "hate" other players. Not even sure they can "hate" teams. That is stuff that we fans do. And, speaking of fans, I'm pretty sure that is where the "hate" comes from. The fanbases. Jets fans (generally speaking) just seem so angry. Patriots fans (generally speaking) seem - I 'dunno - incredulous? So on and so on.

I will say, however, that although I understand your hate for Tom Brady - not sure I understand the acceptance of Jason Taylor. I mean this dude not only said he hates the Jets, but he hates the fans. YOU guys. He said he hated YOU guys. Now he's collecting a paycheck, you're all collecting a situational pass rush. I'm just trying to figure out who is the john, and who is the whore, in this situation.

You're kidding, right? I get the biggest "elite" vibe from Peyton. I especially love his theatrics on the field and the way he, and Polian, constantly place the blame on the o-line, the d-line, the whatever, when it comes to any loss. You have just fallen in love with Commercial-ho Peyton. And, lets be real, he's good in all of 'em. His Saturday Night Live stint was awesome. Good for him. He'll have a well-paying gig when he retires.

I think I have said this before. I rather doubt players "hate" other players. Not even sure they can "hate" teams. That is stuff that we fans do. And, speaking of fans, I'm pretty sure that is where the "hate" comes from. The fanbases. Jets fans (generally speaking) just seem so angry. Patriots fans (generally speaking) seem - I 'dunno - incredulous? So on and so on.

I will say, however, that although I understand your hate for Tom Brady - not sure I understand the acceptance of Jason Taylor. I mean this dude not only said he hates the Jets, but he hates the fans. YOU guys. He said he hated YOU guys. Now he's collecting a paycheck, you're all collecting a situational pass rush. I'm just trying to figure out who is the john, and who is the whore, in this situation.

Who the hell has accepted Jason Taylor?

He happens to be currently playing, and poorly I might add, for the Jets. No one here has embraced Xerxes.

I will say, however, that although I understand your hate for Tom Brady - not sure I understand the acceptance of Jason Taylor. I mean this dude not only said he hates the Jets, but he hates the fans. YOU guys. He hated YOU guys. Now he's collecting a paycheck, you're all collecting a situational pass rush. I'm just trying to fifure out who is the john, and who is the whore, in this situation.

I never hated Jason Taylor, just like I never hated Bryan "Boardback" Cox. They are both competitors who are part of their teams. I don't hate Brady either. Never said it never will. I'd be happy with either him or Manning as my QB. I can deal with Tom being gay, I'm accepting. All are great competitors.

As for Taylor, I think the signing is awesome and I like the fact that he was honest and told the truth how he felt. If he works hard, and plays hard, the love from the fans will come and I am sure he has already learned to love us.

It's different when you talk Yankees/Roid Sux. I love the comment Petitte made when he was a free agent before signing with the Astros. He was asked about the red sux and he pretty much said, don't care bout the money, never ever.

Some things should never be. That was one. Vince "cut the legs" Wolfork or Bill "I have no class" Bellycheat to the Jets would be similar ones. Would hate it.

As for Jason Taylor. Welcome brother, be Mo Lewis and give Hoyer a chance.

Peyton's more personable, and undeniably behind a better OL. I still feel like he can more quickly adjust/react and beat a team on the fly. But maybe that's hype.

My problem with Brady isn't his 'hatred', it's that I don't think 1.) He's the 'best' QB ever and 2.) Even if he was, I don't think a well-built team needs those skills.

I haven't paid attention to the Taylor thing. If he's good, and wants to be here, let him play.

Archived