Rex Ryan: "I don't like Tom Brady. I respect him, but I don't like him"

Jetfan13

Rex Ryan laughed off Tom Brady’s admission that he doesn’t watch his AFC East rivals on Hard Knocks according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. The Patriots quarterback told WEEI radio in Boston that he has no desire to watch the Jets on HBO.

“I hate the Jets,” Brady said. “So I refuse to support that show.”

Ryan was hardly shocked by Brady’s take.

“He already knows that we hate the Patriots… so what’s the difference?” Ryan said after today’s practice. “My brother’s got a couple Super Bowl rings. He loves Tom Brady. But I don’t have them, so I don’t like Tom Brady. I respect him, but I don’t like him.”

Rex Ryan laughed off Tom Brady’s admission that he doesn’t watch his AFC East rivals on Hard Knocks according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. The Patriots quarterback told WEEI radio in Boston that he has no desire to watch the Jets on HBO.

“I hate the Jets,” Brady said. “So I refuse to support that show.”

Ryan was hardly shocked by Brady’s take.

“He already knows that we hate the Patriots… so what’s the difference?” Ryan said after today’s practice. “My brother’s got a couple Super Bowl rings. He loves Tom Brady. But I don’t have them, so I don’t like Tom Brady. I respect him, but I don’t like him.”

**** tom brady . i dont respect him at all. he's a proven cheater.

What scares me is I don't think Rex would take that trade. Rex falls in love with the players and I think that is hurting the team.

You might be right about Rex deciding he would rather stick with Mark, but Tanny would make the trade over any objections Rex might have. Ryan falls in love with players and lets his emotions get in the way of rational thought sometimes, Tanny doesn't fall in love with players.

Let's review what we learned today:

1. Tom Brady of the Patriots doesn't like the Jets.

2. Rex Ryan of the Jets doesn't like the Patriots.

Wow, I am glad we got that cleared up.

Don't downplay this. It shows Rex's amazing loyalty and character while exposing Brady's gay.

But, Brady and Belichick are still first ballot NFL Hall of Famers.

All the crying in world about video tape will never change that.

No what will never change is that they are both tagged cheaters for life, no matter where they end up.

But, Brady and Belichick are still first ballot NFL Hall of Famers.

All the crying in world about video tape will never change that.

You are correct, but everyone not drinking the kool-aid will apply an asterisk next to all the wins. Just as Barry Bonds is the "home run king"* Same goes for all those Cheatriot trophies.

Whether they cheated or won them fair and square, that is the perception. Not just of Jet fans, but of the whole league and their fan base. That's gotta suck.

Pathetic aye.

Great answer by Rex, really.

You people do know that everything Brady says is pretty calculated and although many of you disgaree, what Rex says and does, is often caluclated too. Rex is perfect for NY and the last time Brady said something remotely controversial was a couple of years ago when - guess what? He said he hated the Jets. He's saying these things for a reason. To create love in Beantown? To get the team angry? To look tough? To be funny? I'm not sure what the end goal is here, but make no mistake, it was said for a reason.

Great answer by Rex, really.

You people do know that everything Brady says is pretty calculated and although many of you disgaree, what Rex says and does, is often caluclated too. Rex is perfect for NY and the last time Brady said something remotely controversial was a couple of years ago when - guess what? He said he hated the Jets. He's saying these things for a reason. To create love in Beantown? To get the team angry? To look tough? To be funny? I'm not sure what the end goal is here, but make no mistake, it was said for a reason.

So what does that have to do with pr37 being a pathetic wench?

If the Pats called and offered Tom Brady straight up for Mark Sanchez, I'm thinking Rex would learn to like Tom Brady a little bit.

This is probably my hate talking, but I don't get the 'elite' vibe from brady that I do from Peyton Manning.

Put Peyton and Tom behind the Lions' 2008 OL. Who wins more games, and who's in the hospital?

Similarly, we made the AFC Championship game with a QB we didn't even trust. So does the QB really have to be a star? Give me a great OL, a well-coached Defense, and any ok QB will have time in the pocket to look like a star.

Archived