Preseason Game 3 Report Card

stoicsentry

New York Jets Report Card (Preseason Game 3)

report_card.gif by Matt Keach on August 28, 2010

in Jets Report Card

New York Jets Report Card (Preseason Game 3)

Washington Redskins @ New York Jets

by Matt Keach

Quarterbacks: D

Sanchez 13, 21, 139, 1 TD, 1 INT

Brunell 1/3, 7 yards, 1 fumble

Hey, at least Sanchez actually managed to put up 100 yards. That doesn’t inspire too much confidence, so we’ll move from an F to a D this week. Hooray for that! Brunell needs to be cut immediately.

Running Backs: B

Tomlinson 11/86

Greene 12/56

McKnight 5/9, 1 fumble

A solid but unspectacular night for the running backs. Shonn Greene looks as expected, while Tomlinson is outperforming expectations.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: C-

Keller 5/46/1

Edwards 2/31

Cotchery 3/25

Holmes 1/23, 1 fumble

Keller put in a great performance and got a touchdown as the cherry on top. Still, this unit struggled all night as Mark Sanchez was off his… mark. Holmes fumble was a dagger to the struggling offense.

Defensive Line: A-

They struggled to pressure the quarterback at times, but the defensive line surrendered a mere 82 yards on the ground. Not too shabby.

Linebackers: B-

Pace 1 sack, 1 forced fumble

Linebackers did a decent job, but only Pace stood out. Unfortunately, only Pace walked out too… with an injury.

Secondary: B

Leonhard 0.5 sacks

Wilson 0.5 sacks

It’s tough to give a bad grade to a defense that allowed less than 20 points, many of which were facilitated by their bad offense. Washington’s only touchdown came through the air.

Special Teams: B

Folk 1/2 FG, 0/1 PAT

Weatherford 5/33.8 avg

Folk missed a 62 yarder… no big deal, but an extra point? Come on, Nick! Weatherford is a unimpressive punter, but I’m not telling you anything you don’t know. The good news is that the coverage teams look spectacular, and continue to force mistakes and/or capitalize on them. Gholston had a recovery. Yes, Gholston!

Coaching: N/A

Rex needs to wake the offense up.

Thanks Matt.

I am happy with the coverage teams. Last year kickoffs scared the hell out of me. And after losing Wallace Wright and some others I thought that coverage may be an issue. So far, so good in that regard.

Archived