A wr name to remember. Malachi Corley!!

So like all of us football junkies looking for that special prospect to take our team to the mountain top I found a gem

His name is Malachi Corley

This dude has literally everything. He's a little short at 5-10 1/2

Almost 220lbs

This dude can beat press, has acceleration and can shake ppl in space. Is comfortable with zones and finding the underneath stuff to move the sticks. Can also beat defenders deep on the straight 9 route. Is comfortable with physicality and contact. 

His greatest trait is his incredible abilities at yac. But it's not just yac from athletic ability ( although he can do that) but his ability to transition into a RB and literally run through defenders. He's like a more fluid deebo Samuel. 

I firmly believe he is going at the end of round 1 or early rd 2 and will be the best wr in this class

I'm sure others have noticed this prospect and welcome different opinions on this awesome wr

If the jets trade down I believe he could be a target 

2 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

So like all of us football junkies looking for that special prospect to take our team to the mountain top I found a gem

Almost 220lbs

This dude can beat press, has acceleration and can shake ppl in space. Is comfortable with zones and finding the underneath stuff to move the sticks. Can also beat defenders deep on the straight 9 route. Is comfortable with physicality and contact. 

His greatest trait is his incredible abilities at yac. But it's not just yac from athletic ability ( although he can do that) but his ability to transition into a RB and literally run through defenders. He's like a more fluid deebo Samuel. 

I firmly believe he is going at the end of round 1 or early rd 2 and will be the best wr in this class

I'm sure others have noticed this prospect and welcome different opinions on this awesome wr

In all seriousness, I knew nothing about Corley or at anyone at UWK for that matter, until I did a dive into Austin Reed (who I really like as a mid round QB prospect and was getting some hype around Jax, FL because he's from down the road in St. Augustine ) and Corley had a couple of jaw dropping plays where you I was like, damn, who is that beast?  Runs really crisp and wide variety of routes, great hands, and his yac ability is ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

Oh, trust me, I like'em real thick.  I like tall too though.  lol 

Don’t get me wrong, I like tall too haha. But given a choice, thick all day.

7 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

If he gets taken anywhere before round 4, it'll be an overt demonstration of pissing away draft capital 

...JN has a Corley thread From over a week ago:

1 hour ago, derp said:

Don’t get me wrong, I like tall too haha. But given a choice, thick all day.

Please. We're all old enough here to know that tall, thick, small - who cares, so long as they're dirty. 

• Haha 3

I specifically went out of my way to watch a western kentucky game late last year and he did almost nothing and I base ALL of my draft judgments on 5 minutes of watching a team or player, he is on my down list.

Actually the jets badly  need this 'type' of player, as in a guy you can throw a 3 yard pass to and have him make a big gain.  The Niners live of those plays, we have Breece Hall but he is a RB, even Garret Wilson is not a massive yac guy.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I specifically went out of my way to watch a western kentucky game late last year and he did almost nothing and I base ALL of my draft judgments on 5 minutes of watching a team or player, he is on my down list.

Actually the jets badly  need this 'type' of player, as in a guy you can throw a 3 yard pass to and have him make a big gain.  The Niners live of those plays, we have Breece Hall but he is a RB, even Garret Wilson is not a massive yac guy.

I kind of like him.  Thing is, I think he is the kind of guy I thought they were scouting for the LaFleur offense.  I don't necessarily think this is what Rodgers is looking for, I'd expect him to like more "classical" WR types. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2024 at 3:28 PM, #27TheDominator said:

I kind of like him.  Thing is, I think he is the kind of guy I thought they were scouting for the LaFleur offense.  I don't necessarily think this is what Rodgers is looking for, I'd expect him to like more "classical" WR types. 

Interestingly, he kind of reminds me of heavier Randall Cobb wth their route running and open field abilities.  Cobb was so dynamic and explosive in college.  One difference is that Corley, being bigger, isn't afraid to run through defenders which was a negative for Cobb coming into the league.