If we were gonna lose, this was the way to do it

JOJOTOWNSELL

I am much happier losing in a blowout then losing a close nail-biter.......at least we know that if we have to go back to Foxboro in the playoffs that our team will be out playing with the biggest chip EVER on their shoulder. These types of results dont happen twice in a season and im confident in the mental fortitude of this bunch......lose the battle to win the war IMO

I am much happier losing in a blowout then losing a close nail-biter.......at least we know that if we have to go back to Foxboro in the playoffs that our team will be out playing with the biggest chip EVER on their shoulder. These types of results dont happen twice in a season and im confident in the mental fortitude of this bunch......lose the battle to win the war IMO

wow, your probably in the minority on this one. I can tell you my Jet buddies dont agree with you....between the game and me talking sh*t they got murdered last night.

Losing close games festers inside for a few days because you go through the woulda and couldas. When The Pats made it 38-3 I no longer was angry just said **** it and turned it off and will now wait til next week -- I am already over it.

Losing close games festers inside for a few days because you go through the woulda and couldas. When The Pats made it 38-3 I no longer was angry just said **** it and turned it off and will now wait til next week -- I am already over it.

Same here! I almost said **** it at 24-3 but knew they pulled off some miracles in the past. Just wasnt their night, time to go on another win streak before the playoffs. 3 game lead in wildcard, last year at this time we though we were out of it.

Guest Jpf4671

I disagree, after every tough loss forever I've always been the " I'd rather lose 50 to 0" guy also but this came up last night with my brother and 2 cousins that I get together with for every game, it was a 50-50 split in the room but I've seen the repricusions of both and right now I'd take the way the ravens lost Sunday night any day over last night. The ravens today know damn well if they see the steelers again they can win, jets might say it but they don't know it. Mike golic pointed out this morning that the close brutal losses are worse for the fans but the players recover from them quicker than the humiliations.

so much has been made of Rex Ryan's mouth providing bulliten board material for the other team.......when i saw the Pats line up to go for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter i realized that I was witnessing the "jumping of the shark" of Bill Belicheck......he provided the Jets all reason they need to stomp on his teams skull next time tghey play.....when it matters.....in the playoffs....

BIG PICTURE - we have to beat this team when it matters and they gave our boys the magic pixie dust to do it with....KARMA IS A BITCH

• 1 month later...

Time to put the theory to work.........the Jets will beat the Pats, Sanchez goes mano y mano with Brady and nips him in the end.

This reminds me of game 3 of the 2004 ALDS.......the yankees scored 19 runs on 22 hits against Boston in a win......they blew their wad on the Sox in that game and didnt win another one the rest of the series along the way to the most epic collapse in recent baseball history

Ladies and Gentleman, the Patriots blew their was against us in that drubbing a few mondays ago....they were up by multiple touchdowns in the 4th quarter and they were still throwing deep bombs, still going on 4th down, still blitzing ect.......they illed their mojo for this playoff game

who honestly believes that the result of this game will be anything close to when they blew their wad??

Time to put the theory to work.........the Jets will beat the Pats, Sanchez goes mano y mano with Brady and nips him in the end.

This reminds me of game 3 of the 2004 ALDS.......the yankees scored 19 runs on 22 hits against Boston in a win......they blew their wad on the Sox in that game and didnt win another one the rest of the series along the way to the most epic collapse in recent baseball history

Ladies and Gentleman, the Patriots blew their was against us in that drubbing a few mondays ago....they were up by multiple touchdowns in the 4th quarter and they were still throwing deep bombs, still going on 4th down, still blitzing ect.......they illed their mojo for this playoff game

who honestly believes that the result of this game will be anything close to when they blew their wad??

Yeah, they've totally 'blown their wad'.

Since they beat us, they haven't been able to score more than 38 points.

:rolleyes:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/left_for_dead_jets_T1IPsP1DUxVOUHOv4K5TyI

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — We are through the looking glass, people. Up is down. Black is white. Forward is backward. East is west. Ob-la-di is Ob-la-da.

New York is New England.

New England is New York.

This is what you need to remember, if you are a fan of the Jets or simply a fan of New York City, as the Jets and the Patriots prepare to engage in their winter waft of Armageddon this afternoon at Gillette Stadium: You need to remember the inevitability that permeated the air in the fall of 2004.

You need to remember what it was like to be a Yankees fan in those halcyon days, what it was the to be a Red Sox fan. It was a different world then, a different world order. The Yankees were the perennial winners, claiming every important meeting between the teams (and the cities) for 84 years. Their version of trash talk was Yogi Berra telling Bernie Williams, “We haven’t lost to these guys in eight decades, and we won’t start losing to them now.”

The Red Sox? Here’s a funny thing to ponder: so many of the very same fans who embrace “The Patriot Way” now — which is to say, cold, bloodless, efficient and overwhelmingly successful — were just as emphatic in espousing the Red Sox’s manner then. And what were those Red Sox called? They were called “Idiots.” Why? Because, well ... they were. They were loud. They were slovenly. They brimmed with self-confidence.

And, yes: they did that even when they were down 3-0 in the ’04 ALCS. Remember Kevin Millar?

“All I know,” he said before Game 4 of that series, “is this: Don’t let the Red Sox win this game. Don’t let the Red Sox win ... this ... game. Get rid of us now. Because if you don’t get rid of us now, you may never get rid of us.”

OK, there was no profanity involved there. But really, explain how that defiant stand in the sand differs from what Antonio Cromartie did this week? When you sculpt away the macho rhetoric, this is what Cromartie said: The Patriots are just a team. Tom Brady is just a man. Why couldn’t we beat them?

Maybe it would’ve been more elegant if Cromartie had said something like this: “Don’t let the Jets have a shot in the fourth quarter. Don’t let the Jets have ... a ... shot ... in ... the ... fourth ... quarter.” But the message is the same now for the underdog as it was then.

Bury us while you can.

Because if we stick around, we just may stay around.

OK, it will behoove these Jets to act a little less recklessly than those Sox did. Boston waited until the bottom of the ninth, down three games and one run, to mount its stand. If the Jets do the equivalent — if they’re down 30-17 with six minutes left in the game today — that wouldn’t be the smartest way to proceed. We all can agree on that.

But beyond the rough edges that defined the Sox in ’04 and the Jets in ’10-’11, there is this: Both teams knew they were good. Both teams believed there was but one team that could be better than them. Both teams had been humbled in ways few athletes ever recover from — think Yankees 19, Red Sox 8; think Patriots 45, Jets 3 — and managed to recover anyway.

Now, the Red Sox made the ultimate recovery. That’s on the record, in the books, a part of sporting lore forever. To this day, there are millions of Yankees fans who can’t bring themselves to watch anything to do with Games 4, 5, 6 or 7 of those playoffs. And millions of Red Sox fans who have every pitch of those games memorized. That changed history, and changed this rivalry. Hammer and nail no more. Equals to this day.

That’s what the Jets seek. That’s what the Jets need. They need their version of Big Papi, slamming history with his bat. They need Mark Sanchez’s sore shoulder to replicate Curt Schilling’s bloody sock. They could use Kevin Brown showing up to quarterback for the Patriots today, too.

But you can’t ask for everything

• 9 months later...

i posted this after the Patriot drubbing last year.........it seems appropriate to bring it up again since last night felt just like that loss next year.......and look what happened, we walked into foxboro in the playoffs and handed them their asses........

Looking at out extremely weak schedule the rest of the way we will have no less than 10 wins (I actually wouldn't be shocked if we ran the table and got to 12).....WE WILL SEE THAT PATS AGAIN AND SMOKE THEM IN THE PLAYOFFS LIKE WE DID LAST YEAR......KEEP THE FAITH!

Archived