The Sanchez spike on 1st down with 1:30 on clock late in the game

BP

The HC is ultimately responsible for everything. Everything is a reflection of himself, he is essentially a manager. He manages and runs the team. His duty is to select the people under him and then determine if they are doing a good job or not. If there is a problem it is his job to either help them fix it or to fire them, and bring in somebody that CAN do the job.

This man is paid millions of dollars to do something that your local McDonald's manager has a firmer grasp on. Sure the HC in the NFL has more money riding on it and a lot of other things to go along with it, but basic management and hiring theories do not change.

There is clearly a reason why the rest of the NFL ignored Rex for so long. Once again, the Jets apparently hired a coordinator (at best) who is not ready for an NFL HC job. Only the Jets. Woody is so cheap and lazy. Instead of calling up Cowher and offering him a king's ransom, he took a vacation and then went with the cheap route again. Of course he then turns around and charges the fans PSLs. This guy is a total prick.

Spectacular post dude! I think Schotty sucks, but to leave Rex Blameless is ridiculous.

I don't understand why teams ever do this in most circumstances. I can why you'd do it when you're next play is going to be the attempted game winning field goal, or maybe when you just hit on a 30+ yard play, but I hate when teams waste downs like this. Houston did it last night on the game tying drive once they got inside the 10. They had 40 seconds left, there was no need to waste a down. It turned out not to have an impact, but you just lessen your chance to win the game. At least call a fade or some kind of pattern that gets the ball out of the quarterback's hands quickly and doesn't require a ton of signal barking at the line by the QB.

This single thing speaks volumes...I said in my other thread or post it points to game strategy and being prepared. Its easy to have Sanchez as the scape goat, but thats BS.

We blamed Edwards for years for the same type of game things.

Anyway like I have already said, we are 9-4 and complete control of our destiny...lets see how the Jets (and I mean the HC, OC, DC and the players) respond come game time on sunday.

This particular game can be a statement game.

We will see.

I killed him for that yesterday. now in the NY Times he said that call came from the sidelines.

If thats Schotty he has to be fired. thats ******* ridiculous.

ya, its bush league if a team doesnt have a vanilla type run or pass that they can run in that situation.

If its not there you have not lost anything.

Archived