Why Did Cumberland Sell Sal Out?

idahojetsfan

you would think players would be more loyal to there coaches

Strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi was suspended indefinitely after the Jets found out that he did order the inactives to stand in a wall formation. Inactive player Jeff Cumberland said it's something they have been told to do all year.

Secret Transcript between Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum and Woody Johnson.

MT: Rex, did you order the Green Wall?

WJ: You *don't* have to answer that question!

RR: I'll answer the question!

RR: You want answers?

MT: I think I'm entitled.

RR: *You want answers?*

MT: *I want the truth!*

RR: *You can't handle the truth!*

[pauses]

RR: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men in green sweat pants. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Westhoff? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Nolan Carroll, and you curse the field goal kicker. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Carroll's injury, while tragic, probably saved yards. And my fat a$$, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins games. And there is no ******* way we can win a game with Sanchez as the QB without cheating. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about in the luxury box, you want me to order the green wall, you need me to order the green wall. We use words like zerbra, 16, left. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the cheating I do, and then questions the manner in which I cheat. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you put on some green sweat pants and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

MT: Did you order the Green Wall?

RR: I did the job I...

MT: *Did you order the Green Wall?*

RR: *You're Goddamn right I did!*

Archived