Playoff Surprises

Smashmouth

Joe McKnight- is the secret weapon. Rex has been hiding him in his bedroom closet saving him for moments like this week.

Terminator- should play both ways like the big strong kid with a mustache on everyones Pop Warner team.

Calvin Pace- Well rested and drinking 5 hour energy with his pot smoking to prevent tiredness. He will haunt Peyton.

No one will see this coming SURPRISES BIITCVHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rl:

Why do the Jets need surprises vs Ind, they should be the better team.

I'd like to see pass on 1st down and more use of the draw to keep the DE's honest. Defense is a whole other can of worms, but this game is the reason Tanny traded for Cromartie, drafted Wilson, and signed J Taylor.

In reality, the entire off-season was about Ind and NE and they are in the way of a trip to the Super Bowl. This game is a great evaluation of Rex/Tanny and their ability to learn and improve at their jobs. If we see another 30-17 game where we can't get to Manning and give up big play after big play then Tanny + Rex have failed in year 2.

Why do the Jets need surprises vs Ind, they should be the better team.

I'd like to see pass on 1st down and more use of the draw to keep the DE's honest. Defense is a whole other can of worms, but this game is the reason Tanny traded for Cromartie, drafted Wilson, and signed J Taylor.

In reality, the entire off-season was about Ind and NE and they are in the way of a trip to the Super Bowl. This game is a great evaluation of Rex/Tanny and their ability to learn and improve at their jobs. If we see another 30-17 game where we can't get to Manning and give up big play after big play then Tanny + Rex have failed in year 2.

I understand where your coming from if we were a dominant team, but were not. In reality this team has neither dictated to, nor dominated, anyone this year. I would think there will be some new wrinkles come playoff time, a lot of teams throw out new plays and schemes during the playoffs no reason why we can't. Over the past few years teams have been very brave in the playoffs New Orleans Onside kick last year is a big example.

Our pass rush has been horrible to say the least and if our defense is going to work we MUST get to the QB or hurry him into a 3 second window. If we cant get to the QB we will get destroyed by Peyton Manning as usual.

Part of the reason this team has issues creating INT's this year is because the DB's can't take chances in our current scheme. If they take a chance and miss its 6 points on the board that being said when we only rush 3 and drop more in coverage we get killed underneath and get nickel and dimed to death. Something has to change here and it has to happen in these playoffs. I think using Pace and Taylor as DE with a 4 man front might just be what the doctor ordered. Will just have to wait and see I guess we dont have to worry about keeping Taylor Fresh anymore its time for him to be unleashed and I think you will see his playing time increased substantially . Peyton Manning is (from what I just heard on the tube) undefeated vs Rex Ryan Defenses so it must have a little something to do with the scheme right ?

Archived