This year, Colts playoff tickets are cheaper

Jetfan13

So you want a ticket to Saturday night's Colts playoff game? Getting one might be easier -- and cheaper -- than you think.

A ticket to the Indianapolis Colts-New York Jets AFC wild-card NFL playoff game should cost less than usual on the secondary market because so many seats are available, local brokers say.

"The prices are much lower," said Renny Harrison of Carmel's Fanfare Tickets, which has about 200 seats with a price range of $70 for the upper level to as much as $400 for midfield lower-level areas.

"I think maybe the expectations for this team are a little bit lower than in years past. The flip side is it's an opportunity for fans to get out there and support the team without spending more to do it."

Harrison said some seats are being resold for less than many of the regular-season games. The Colts (10-6) qualified for the playoffs Sunday, which meant a quick turnaround for selling the game against the Jets (11-5).

"There are a lot more seats in the sellers' hands," said Mike Peduto of Circle City Tickets, which has three offices. "Last year, everybody coming in here was saying, 'We're going to the Super Bowl.' This year, it's like fans are saying, 'This is our Super Bowl, just to make the playoffs.' "

Peduto said Circle City has about 500 tickets, ranging from $65 to $495.

The Colts, in a release Monday, reported the availability of about 5,000 tickets, ranging from $55 to $300, at the Lucas Oil Stadium box office, Ticketmaster centers and charge-by-phone.

"They should check with us first to see if we have the seats available because they're buying from the source," said Larry Hall, Colts vice president of ticket operations/guest services. "If you choose to buy from somewhere else, it's buyer beware."

Hall said he expects the game to sell out.

Colts-Jets is drawing national interest on StubHub.com, which has about 6,000 seats, the asking price ranging from $67 to $1,082. Spokeswoman Joellen Ferrer said Monday it has been the site's No. 1 seller in the past 24 hours, with the average selling price at $183. That's much higher than last year's top AFC wild-card seller, Baltimore at New England, which averaged $138.

You mean to tell me a Championship game is cheaper than the Wild Card round? ha ha Not for nothing but the seats were not hard to get last year either... I expect a huge turnout of Jets fans once again

I think I paid $200 or so for seats last year. Paid slightly higher for a regular season game in Pittsburgh this year.

Archived