Why not question the Pats weaknesses

Smashmouth

agreed on all points collinsworth is like karnac the magician, he called the edwards play, and last year he made a comment like, "why are the jets changing their coverage here, it worked all game"...then wham-o-, TD

Collinsworth says some goofy sh*t from time to time but he knows the game well and he is very observant which is what a color comentator is supposed to do.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. You mention Marino and the experience you had, which is pretty cool btw, but that just goes to show ya. Even those guys got their heads so far up there a$$ it ridiculous. We've all seen the youtube vids. I doubt most of them even write there own sh*t.

They DEFINITELY don't write a thing. Case in point: after the actual taping, one of the producers had Costas and Collinsworth do an ad-lib breakdown of a D-III playoff game as a favor to somebody. The control room tells them, "the quarterback's name is Smith and they have this WR named Jones who has a bunch of catches." The camera rolls and Costas goes, "And obviously the big game if the weekend--School X versus School Y. How do you see it playing out, Chris?" Then Collinsworth goes, "I just don't see how Team Y is going to stop the passing game led by the great QB Smith." Then Costas, "especially with a dangerous target like Jones getting open on every play." It was the fakest shot ever, but it was about five minutes of tape on two teams and two players they'd never even heard of.

Its obvious how little these guys know. They are all about the stats, nothing else. The guys like Ron Jaworski and Merrel Hoge know the game as it stands now as do most of the guys on NFL network Sterling Sharpe is good .... the best of the best is Mike Mayock IMO

Deion Sanders and Jamie Dukes are Idiots but we all know Deion is there for Comic relief. I love the work these guys do breaking down the film its very well done but please someone do something about Baldingers pinky I just want to grab it and crak it back into place.

i like mayock and then.... guys like jaworski, collinsworth, even simms, but much much less.. mayock's spots on NFLN are great

Faulk, Mayock, Collinsworth, Dilfer...those are the best IMO. Very select few that really do their job well, and most of them, still completely suck the Pats dick. Thats how it is until another team does something about it.

Faulk, Mayock, Collinsworth, Dilfer...those are the best IMO. Very select few that really do their job well, and most of them, still completely suck the Pats dick. Thats how it is until another team does something about it.

Forgot Dilfer he does a good job as well.

You know what the problem is? They gear all these shows toward the super-casual fan who tunes in ONLY on Sundays, so they never even try to speak in anything but cliche. I'd bet if you let Marino stand at a chalkboard and diagram how to beat the Jets it'd be fascinating television, but it'd fly over the heads of 94% of the audience. These guys just get lazy.

Aren't we all? 98% of the people are just trying to do enough work not to get fired.. If Marino can show up onve a week, get fed lines and stats and collect a fat check god bless him.

to know about all 32 teams (very few put that much work into it)

it's a ton of work to really stay up on all 32 teams. Betting on games is what always caused me to do it, but last year I played FF for the first time on top of it and to really do that well there's a TON more time you have to put in. This year I quit the FF league and took a brake from gambling after stupid roy williams cost me 7G on thanksgiving (long story), and I swear the amount of time I got back was tremendous. Of course I was surprised by a few things by end of year cause I didn't follow nearly as closely, but it was a nice break.

No like simms eh? He's a goober, but says some insightful stuff and clearly knows the game, imo.. fouts too, if memory serves..

Archived