Zach Parise Thread

xoenrt2099

Zach Parise will be going to Montreal to represent the NJ Devils in the All Star game.

Left wing Zach Parise was the only Devil selected to play in this year's NHL All-Star game, which will be held Jan. 25 in Montreal. The 15 Eastern Conference All-Star reserves were announced Thursday. This will be Parise's first All-Star appearance.

"I'm excited," he said. "It will be a lot of fun. Montreal is a great city. I always look forward to going up and playing there. It's a good place to have it."

Left wing Patrik Elias did not make the team despite being tied with Parise for fifth in the NHL in points with 46 entering Thursday night's action. He admitted he was disappointed.

"A little bit, but I guess the rules are the rules," Elias said. "They have to pick one guy from each team. You look at other teams that had other guys that maybe should be there. You don't have someone like [Detroit's Henrik] Zetterberg in the All-Star game - a guy that won the Cup and had success and he's having a great season again and just because they're allowed to take so many guys and every team has to be represented - not always the best players are there.""

Archived