The " New" Jets Defense

Smashmouth

The beauty part of the last few weeks for the Jets is the fact now teams have to prepare for 2 possible styles. Its not just blitz blitz blitz anymore and this may be the deciding factor for winning a SB.

Everyone wanted to know, "why dont the Jets have a lot of sacks." The answer is we hurried QB's so much with the blitz (yes even when it was picked up) we took the coverage sack out of the equasion. Results 5 sacks vs one of the least sacked QB's in the NFL. Now we face the Steelers who are having Major Issues on the O-Line. Hell they had problems even when they were healthy. Should be a very nice match up for us.

The "New" Jets Defense is the "Old" Jets Defense... REX'S!

Call it what you will but its the exact opposite of what weve been doing for 2 years and it basicly shut down 2 of the best QB's of all time. Do you realize this is a first for the Jets who never adjusted this drasticly before.

I called for 2 things the past few weeks one was playing Revis at safety which I will concede, the other was running a front 4 with a rotation to keep the guys fresh and the result was major pressure on Brady . This is a huge step for Rex Ryan he proved he can make the adjustments we've never seen in Jets land. Look back now on a lot of what Ryan says in Press conferences. hes a little smarter than most give him credit for.

Call it what you will but its the exact opposite of what weve been doing for 2 years and it basicly shut down 2 of the best QB's of all time. Do you realize this is a first for the Jets who never adjusted this drasticly before.

I called for 2 things the past few weeks one was playing Revis at safety which I will concede, the other was running a front 4 with a rotation to keep the guys fresh and the result was major pressure on Brady . This is a huge step for Rex Ryan he proved he can make the adjustments we've never seen in Jets land. Look back now on a lot of what Ryan says in Press conferences. hes a little smarter than most give him credit for.

Is it not still Rex's?

Archived