Braylon Edwards, Srsly?

Vudu

great player, not such a great guy. was at the grasshopper monday night with my family. edwards was there doing the radio show. my 9 year old daughter was standing next to his chair where his entourage was sitting. he gets up walks past her with his head down and his body guard tells my daughter and wife to "move it along" so he could get to his seat. I know you cant judge someone from this, but come on, at least smile at the kid. He comes across as a real a$$. sorry dlj.

He's easily become my favorite pass-catcher on this team by far. The fact that anyone still comments on his hands is a joke. The guy was EASILY the most sure-handed receiver on the Jets this season, plus has great size and speed. Between instances of burning guys for 70+ yard TDs and carrying two Pro Bowl DBs into the endzone in a playoff game, the guy has been phenomenal. Not to mention he can out-jump pretty much anyone out there. He may not make some of the circus style catches that Holmes does, but I'd still take Braylon first every time. That said, nothing would make me happier than to keep both of these guys.

great player, not such a great guy. was at the grasshopper monday night with my family. edwards was there doing the radio show. my 9 year old daughter was standing next to his chair where his entourage was sitting. he gets up walks past her with his head down and his body guard tells my daughter and wife to "move it along" so he could get to his seat. I know you cant judge someone from this, but come on, at least smile at the kid. He comes across as a real a$$. sorry dlj.

The man is there to do a promo and eat dinner. How could you blame what a body guard says on him? Was it an autograph session or a meet and greet? If not everything went according to plans.

He's easily become my favorite pass-catcher on this team by far. The fact that anyone still comments on his hands is a joke. The guy was EASILY the most sure-handed receiver on the Jets this season, plus has great size and speed. Between instances of burning guys for 70+ yard TDs and carrying two Pro Bowl DBs into the endzone in a playoff game, the guy has been phenomenal. Not to mention he can out-jump pretty much anyone out there. He may not make some of the circus style catches that Holmes does, but I'd still take Braylon first every time. That said, nothing would make me happier than to keep both of these guys.

I agree with all of this.

Personnel-wise, the offense is in very good shape. If they can hold onto both Holmes and Edwards (and I agree that I'd keep Braylon first), they can focus almost all of their offseason moves on the defensive side of the ball. If they lose either one of these guys, they've got to go to the well for a starting WR.

The man is there to do a promo and eat dinner. How could you blame what a body guard says on him? Was it an autograph session or a meet and greet? If not everything went according to plans.

Sione was there for the meet and greet. I could care a less about a players autograph. Players should just be a little more aware of kids. It takes nothing to wink at a kid or smile. Makes a kids day. Dont forget, without your contribution in dollars to the team, he has no salary.

As long as he catches the game winning touchdown on Sunday I'm ok with this behavior... Just saying :P

Archived