Eric Smith

sirlancemehlot

This may sound a bit of a reach...but Eric Smith is going to be a key to this game. With all the talk of Troy P., Eric Smith's contributions have been overlooked in the playoffs. When Smith was out in the Bears game, we got torched with long TD's. We go up against Brady and Manning and hold them both to a steady string of 3-and-outs and who is playing lights-out at safety? Eric Smith. Who is the best tackler not named Harris on the D? Eric Smith. Who is the big hitter that's got a rep for decleating WR's? Eric Smith. the Past two weeks we've smothered YAC. Played the run solidly and caused coverage sacks and fumbles. And who is responsible for this success? That's right--I'm Saying it! Eric Smith. Haters gonna hate, But Eric Smith is going to own Big Ben.

he hasn't been overlooked bro-everybody has acknowledged his 10 tackles in each of the 1st 2 playoff games. In a weird way I agree with the poster a few weeks ago who said that maybe the Leonhard injury was a blessing in disguise. As tough as Leonhard is he was being overmatched by big tight ends like Todd Heap and the size of Miller would have been a big advantage for Pittsburgh

he hasn't been overlooked bro-everybody has acknowledged his 10 tackles in each of the 1st 2 playoff games. In a weird way I agree with the poster a few weeks ago who said that maybe the Leonhard injury was a blessing in disguise. As tough as Leonhard is he was being overmatched by big tight ends like Todd Heap and the size of Miller would have been a big advantage for Pittsburgh

Smith has played pretty well but having watched the divisional round again, i can't help but notice to serious blow we were dealt when smith missed a tackle on Branch. It was third and long and smith missed pretty badly, branch turned and got the first.

As well as smith has played on most snaps, that was a seriously big mistake...i just hope he doesn't waver this week. Gotta cheer for the big ten guys!

Archived