Aiden's Parents greet Sanchez in Pittsburgh

shawn306

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/jets_arrive_in_pittsburgh_fans_are_AjXMzHAkED0M5O7FhQ47EM?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4d3ba9f4c6b53c75,0

7:48 PM, January 22, 2011 ι By MARK CANNIZZARO

PITTSBURGH — The Jets arrived to their team hotel at around 6 p.m. tonight in downtown Pittsburgh and were greeted by a throng of boisterous Jets fans, who shouted the requisite "J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets" chants.

Following the lead of Bart Scott’s post-game rant in New England, the fans also yelled "Can’t Wait."

As the Jets filed into the hotel from the team buses, amidst the raucous scene was Mark Sanchez having a brief encounter with the father of Aiden Binkley, the 11-year-old Long Island boy whom he befriended last month before Binkley lost his battle with cancer right before the regular season ended.

Sanchez spotted Binkley’s father, who was allowed by security to wait in a place where he could have a moment with Sanchez. The quarterback stopped, gave him a long hug and a pat on the back while wearing a somber look.

Sanchez then quietly headed up the escalator with a businesslike look with his teammates not even acknowledging the fan hysteria around him.

A short time later, Jets veteran fullback Tony Richardson, as he’s been doing upon the team’s arrival to these road playoff games, spoke to reporters.

"Every team wishes they were in this position tonight," Richardson said. "Like Dennis Byrd said last week, he said he would trade everything ever had and who he is today for the opportunity to play one game — and that one game for us is tomorrow.

"It’s a great opportunity for this franchise, a great opportunity for this city."

The Jets, who haven’t been to a Super Bowl since Joe Namath guaranteed and delivered victory on Jan. 12, 1969 against the Baltimore Colts, take on the Steelers tomorrow night at 6:30 at Heinz Field. The winner advances to meet either the Green Bay Packers or Chicago Bears on Feb. 6 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Tex. The Steelers have six Super Bowl titles, most in NFL history, and will not be an easy out.

that's what this is all about-I haven't taken my Play Like A Jet win it for Aiden thingy down as my Facebook profile pic-and won't until we're world champs

I have it as my facebook profile pic as well. I thought about changing it the other day to something anti-steelers, but I couldn't. It just felt right to leave it there.

I have it as my facebook profile pic as well. I thought about changing it the other day to something anti-steelers, but I couldn't. It just felt right to leave it there.

EXACTLY-and it's not even a superstitious thing with this ya know? As you said it just seems right-good post 712

Archived