2004 Was Worse Than This

The Troll

I know that the stakes weren't as high, but I think that losing that game in the manner that we did forever desensitized me to playoff defeat.

Outplaying them the entire game and then having TWO ******* chances to win at the end of regulation and failing miserably both times? It doesn't get any more heartbreaking than that.

This one hurts, but not like that. I'm sure there will come a point in time when the Jets will experience a more heartbreaking loss, but as of this moment, coming off of two straight AFC Championship game defeats, I can honestly say that the Jets have taken bigger sh*ts on my heart.

So, hooray 2004 Pittsburgh chokejob! You're the reason I'm not in a noose right now.

This team was better than the '04 team. Although, I do think that coaching played a very large role in that. Simply, this team had a coach. The '04 team did not.

My point was that the loss to the Steelers in '04 was so painful that even a loss as terrible as this one pales in comparison. That game ripped my heart out in such a horrific manner that not even conference championship losses by superior Jets teams can match the pain I felt that January night in 2005.

Archived