Something new: Can Curtis make it into the Hall this year?

4HCrew

how about a break from the Jets aftermath...anyone think Curtis Martin will make it this year to the Pro Football Hall of Fame? He has some tough a$$ competition but his numbers are impressive. I kinda wish he did not have Faulk and Bettis to deal with..

how about a break from the Jets aftermath...anyone think Curtis Martin will make it this year to the Pro Football Hall of Fame? He has some tough a$$ competition but his numbers are impressive. I kinda wish he did not have Faulk and Bettis to deal with..

No does not pass the 1st ballot test, a stat compiler yes but not an all-time great. Will get in just not this year

its hard to say he would make it this year with so many other great first timers and older players that deserve to be in the hall such as Chris Carter, I think he will make it eventually probably next year but just not this year

There is ZERO reason Bettis should make it in before Martin. Getting a ring as a backup RB doesn't mean crap. If that keeps Martin out of the HOF this year, it just continues to show what a joke that process is.

There is ZERO reason Bettis should make it in before Martin. Getting a ring as a backup RB doesn't mean crap. If that keeps Martin out of the HOF this year, it just continues to show what a joke that process is.

The whole thing is just bizarre. In any other sport when you finish absurdly high in statistical rankings, it's an automatic ticket in. Yet for guys like Art Monk or Carter it's not enough. There's no parameters whatsoever and it seems like the only guys who you can get a good feel for prior to the voting are quarterbacks. Statistics should get you in to a hall of fame. They do in baseball and basketball and yet a sport that predicates itself on killing it's athletes before the age of 50 gives no weight to them.

Archived