Holmes discusses future w/ Jets

Mogglez

Holmes Talks future w/ Jets

Holmes talks about re-signing with Jets

March, 7, 2011

5:37

PM ET

By Rich Cimini

Maybe it's nothing. Maybe it's something. Either way, it deserves a mention.

In a Facebook video that was presumably taped over the weekend, Santonio Holmes talks confidently about re-signing with the Jets. As everybody knows, the dynamic wide receiver will be a free agent -- either restricted or unrestricted, depending on the new CBA. It's believed that Holmes is No. 1 on the Jets' free-agent priority list. In this video, it sounds like the Jets are No. 1 on Holmes' list. (Kudos to twitter follower @makeitalways for sending along the link.)

Here's the set-up: Holmes turned 27 on March 3, and he makes the video at his birthday party at his mother's house. Holmes is standing in a memorabilia room that is filled with stuff from his former team, the Steelers. Holmes explains that his stepfather is a Steelers fan, but he suggests that will change soon.

"Trust me, as soon as I sign back with the Jets, everything will be taken care of," Holmes says.

Sounds pretty confident, huh? He almost makes it sound like it's a done deal. If the video was shot over the weekend, Holmes already was aware of his RFA tender -- first- and third-round picks. Maybe the high tender led him to believe he's definitely coming back (even though the tender could be moot if the new CBA uses the pre-2010 free-agent system, as many suspect) -- or maybe he expects to come back no matter what.

Just throwing it out there.

Link to the video: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=692751079147

Seems like all free agents want to be a Jet. We will see if thats true once they start negotiating, will they take less money to stay.

At this point it is easy for every player to say they want to play for the Jets..once there is a salary cap in place and offers are made, that is when the true colors come out...

I want to play for the Jets. Where do I sign up?

I do think they genuinely enjoy the atmosphere that Rex created. He is real, sets accountability and is willing to take the blame himself. All good traits...

I want to play for the Jets. Where do I sign up?

I do think they genuinely enjoy the atmosphere that Rex created. He is real, sets accountability and is willing to take the blame himself. All good traits...

Rex is a players coach- no one can deny that even if you do not like him. Guys want to play for him as he he is 100 per cent behind them.

Archived