realistic question about the lockout

bear

that's the rub, isn't it ?

it takes a minimum of 3 weeks to get ready, and that's really pushing it.

I have to say they will agree sometime in july, about 3 days before camps open, or the whole season is probably lost

heck, you would still have to sign FA's before you could even have a camp

could get very messy indeed

The league will just jump into that season if things go that far. They built the schedule so that they can miss 3 weeks of the regular season schedule and still get in 16 games. To me that signals they will just jump right in and let the players play out of shape if necessary.

I have to say they will agree sometime in july, about 3 days before camps open, or the whole season is probably lost

With the built in schedule flexibility allowing them to swing three week, they can go into August. It might not be pretty when they play, but they can make it work.

With the built in schedule flexibility allowing them to swing three week, they can go into August. It might not be pretty when they play, but they can make it work.

yeah I figure maybe 2nd week of august at the latest. we'll find out who has been working out for real if that is the case. that would be real tough on the rookies. no contact at all, no playbooks then wham-o, here's the playbook and practice is tomorrow at 9:00

there are going to be a ton of injuries if that happens this year

The league will just jump into that season if things go that far. They built the schedule so that they can miss 3 weeks of the regular season schedule and still get in 16 games. To me that signals they will just jump right in and let the players play out of shape if necessary.

so when do yo sign FA's and rookies ?

that's a tad unrealistic, don't you think ?

are you really saying they make a deal on a tuesday and play on that sunday ?

Major speculations are that the 1st 4 weeks of the season are expendable. That would allow all teams to prepare for a season and the last 2 games of the 1st 4 of the season would be used as scrimmages.

That leaves it until the last week of August to resolve the 2011 CBA, should there still be a LOCKOUT.

However, should the Minnesota courts agree with Brady & not the NFL, the lockout would be considered a violation of the Anti-Trust laws and players could return to practice as early as June 1, 2011.

Pre-Season & the CBA would be based on a "NON-CAP" season, just as it was in 2010 with all of the same rules intact.

Even if the NFL attempted to appeal the decision, the courts would rule that they could not lock out players until a final decision was in their favor in court - which could take up until February 2012 to resolve.

In simple terms, if Brady Vs NFL goes the way of the long haired boy, Football returns without any problems - For the 2011-2012 season that is...

Archived