Revis Wants Reality-TV Show

flgreen

Darrelle Revis wants a reality-TV show

May, 10, 2011

May 10

11:32

AM ET

By Tim Graham

New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis would like to do a reality television show with his childhood best friend and manager, John Geiger.

Revis

Lynn Hoppes looks for sports angles in mainstream TV for ESPN's Page 2. He spoke to Revis about it.

"I want to do a show like 'Rob and Big' when they were on MTV," Revis said, referencing the show that followed the lives of skateboarder Rob Dyrdek and bodyguard Christopher "Big Black" Boykin. "That's the kind of show I'd want to do. Those guys are awesome. Me and John are like that."

So go ahead, network executives. Give Revis and Geiger a TV show. If guys like Dyrdek and Boykin were able to stay on the air for three seasons, why not give any two people their own series?

My next-door neighbor, Scott, and I had some riveting discussions over the fence this weekend. Send some cameras over so we can be on TV, too. There's no possible way it wouldn't be compelling television.

Darrelle Revis wants a reality-TV show

May, 10, 2011

May 10

11:32

AM ET

By Tim Graham

New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis would like to do a reality television show with his childhood best friend and manager, John Geiger.

Revis

Lynn Hoppes looks for sports angles in mainstream TV for ESPN's Page 2. He spoke to Revis about it.

"I want to do a show like 'Rob and Big' when they were on MTV," Revis said, referencing the show that followed the lives of skateboarder Rob Dyrdek and bodyguard Christopher "Big Black" Boykin. "That's the kind of show I'd want to do. Those guys are awesome. Me and John are like that."

So go ahead, network executives. Give Revis and Geiger a TV show. If guys like Dyrdek and Boykin were able to stay on the air for three seasons, why not give any two people their own series?

My next-door neighbor, Scott, and I had some riveting discussions over the fence this weekend. Send some cameras over so we can be on TV, too. There's no possible way it wouldn't be compelling television.

The next time he holds out, he can call the production company to set up the show....

Please, for the love of Rex no!!! The last thing the Jets need is more distractions. It's bad enough that the team can barely afford to sign anyone this year directly because of the Revis holdout and that he was hurt most of the season as a result. Please Revis, stick to football. If Revis waited until the end of this year like a good boy we might be able to retain most of the team.

Archived