Screw Holmes and Edwards

Iceman88

Lets sign Sidney Rice! The new deal is supposedly allowing 4th year players to hit unrestricted free agency so Rice will be up for grabs. I doubt the Jets make a serious run at him but the fact that a 24 year old stud WR is on the market can only be good for us. I have to assume teams would throw big money his way before they do to Holmes or Edwards.

Lets sign Sidney Rice! The new deal is supposedly allowing 4th year players to hit unrestricted free agency so Rice will be up for grabs. I doubt the Jets make a serious run at him but the fact that a 24 year old stud WR is on the market can only be good for us. I have to assume teams would throw big money his way before they do to Holmes or Edwards.

I agree.

I would love to have Rice. I also doubt if the Jets make a run at him because of the price, unless teams are scared off by his injury. Hips are a serious issue.

Think it will be Braylon, and a mystery big name not yet on the radar. Just my guess

sign Braylon Edwards first and then whoever else-but he should be our top priority-he plays like a Jet

Agree 100%

People keep on saying Braylon is only a possession receiver. 17.1 average in the regular season and 18.3 in the playoffs is not a position receiver. He can catch the ball Deep, in traffic, and he can block for the running game which is the Jets main stay.

Sign Braylon, then lets see who is overlooked after the feeding frenzy

Holmes is one puff away from a season long suspension.

if rice wasn't coming back from a busted hip, i might agree he's off the board before holmes or edwards..

some team is (say, a$$ backwards washington) gonna pay holmes big money.. weed or no weed..

I agree.

I would love to have Rice. I also doubt if the Jets make a run at him because of the price, unless teams are scared off by his injury. Hips are a serious issue.

Think it will be Braylon, and a mystery big name not yet on the radar. Just my guess

agree

if rice wasn't coming back from a busted hip, i might agree he's off the board before holmes or edwards..

some team is (say, a$$ backwards washington) gonna pay holmes big money.. weed or no weed..

And thats fine, the last thing I want to see is the Jets spend big money on two WRs. If Sanchez needs two #1 receivers to be effective then we have a much bigger problem then our receiving corp. With Rice also being available that means Holmes, Edwards, Jackson and Rice will all be on the market and one of them will see their price drop from what they expected, that is who I want to sign.

And thats fine, the last thing I want to see is the Jets spend big money on two WRs. If Sanchez needs two #1 receivers to be effective then we have a much bigger problem then our receiving corp. With Rice also being available that means Holmes, Edwards, Jackson and Rice will all be on the market and one of them will see their price drop from what they expected, that is who I want to sign.

but all of the guys you speak of are #1 type guys, who will command #1 type guy money..

cotch & keller can fill the void left from losing holmes..

i would like to so the freed up money going to the D.. aso..

but all of the guys you speak of are #1 type guys, who will command #1 type guy money..

cotch & keller can fill the void left from losing holmes..

i would like to so the freed up money going to the D.. aso..

Yeah and we can go after one of them, not all of them are gonna get the huge contracts we expect because there are four young #1 WRs. We need to go after the cheapest one so we can still have a true #1, Cotch can be a #2 again or we can sign someone cheap or take a flyer on Plaxico Buress.

Yeah and we can go after one of them, not all of them are gonna get the huge contracts we expect because there are four young #1 WRs. We need to go after the cheapest one so we can still have a true #1, Cotch can be a #2 again or we can sign someone cheap or take a flyer on Plaxico Buress.

my bad.. i'm almost taking it as a given edwards gives us a home town discount & stays..

IMO. holmes gone = edwards stays..

Archived