Should Buffalo go after Tim Tebow?

Blackout

I somehow get the impression that, considering how much trouble Tebow and his fans, (not Jets fans who like Tebow, but Tebow fans who come to the board excusively to post about him), have caused in the past here, the mod crew has decided that now Tebow's gone from the team, there's no particular reason for there to be threads about him on Jet Nation.

Just a hunch.

Has nothing to do with being a moderator.  As a Jets fan, I saw no interest in playing imaginary GM for the Bills as the season is starting.  If it was your imaginary conspiracy theory about "the mod crew" then the thread would have just been deleted.

When was the last time you - or any Jets fan posting here - pondered what you would do if you were GM of the Bills, as it pertains to the roster spot of their 3rd string QB? Something like never.

What was the purpose of the thread? To get totally serious discussion about the pros and cons to the Bills if they pick up Tebow? This isn't a Bills board so this was not going to happen.  And it seems I was spot-on as there wasn't a single serious, on-topic reply to the OP.

Has nothing to do with being a moderator.  As a Jets fan, I saw no interest in playing imaginary GM for the Bills as the season is starting.  If it was your imaginary conspiracy theory about "the mod crew" then the thread would have just been deleted.

Wasn't intended as a conspiracy theory.  On some message boards the mods confer before taking action sometimes, and I couldn't understand why there seemed to be opposition to this thread.

As far as producing another thread where people wondered about where an ex-Jet will wind up as a third stringer, I can't remember that.  But Tebow is a national celebrity who has won championships in college and playoff games in the pro's, and there is interest in him.  After he got cut I saw headlines on either CNN.com or NBC.com for an article about whether he will find another NFL team and another where Kraft said he wanted him.  And this was in the general news section.

Buffalo often brings in crappy players. Taking Tebow would do 2 good things:

-Add a layer of suck to a division rival.

-Remind the Jets front office that someone they liked ended up in Buffalo.

I think I read Manual is going to start.  Still, if that injury is still nagging and he can't function.....well, we brought in Brady Quinn.  Maybe Buffalo might bring in Tebow-after all he won a couple of playoff games, which is more than Quinn ever did.

Wasn't intended as a conspiracy theory.  On some message boards the mods confer before taking action sometimes, and I couldn't understand why there seemed to be opposition to this thread.

As far as producing another thread where people wondered about where an ex-Jet will wind up as a third stringer, I can't remember that.  But Tebow is a national celebrity who has won championships in college and playoff games in the pro's, and there is interest in him.  After he got cut I saw headlines on either CNN.com or NBC.com for an article about whether he will find another NFL team and another where Kraft said he wanted him.  And this was in the general news section.

The title of the thread suggests a topic of "What should Buffalo do?" or "What (if any) FA QB would you add if you were Buffalo's GM" not "Where do you think ex-Jet Tebow will end up?"

My initial response, to the former ones, is that no one here cares to role play as the Bills' GM. Seems many agreed with the sentiment.

Archived