Villain's Post Combine Mock Free Agency/Draft 2015.

Villain The Foe

I love this draft except I take in the second Hau'oli Kikaha from Washington, and I think the Stephone Anthony kid IS SPECIAL just watch his tape he is very fluid and moves like his hair is on fire.  Reads well, get fooled at times on misdirection, but is a beast

I agree with your Anthony Statement. Dude Looks Special to me. Some would look at his stats and make judgement, but I really like the way he moves on the field.

As for Kikaha, Im on board with that too. I noticed that you made a thread about him. I made a thread about him here a month or two ago. He can Play DE/OLB/ILB with his Body type and what I like is that he plays smart, very intelligent on the Football field.

However, given the past 24 hours of free agency and the stupidity that Chip Kelly is going, I dont think that we trade down (atleast with Philly) and if we stay at 6 I really think that the Jets will draft Vic Beasley. You got two shutdown Corners, one of the best dline's in the league and you add Beasley with one of the most impressive first steps I have ever seen on a human being.

The next couple months will be interesting. I hope that on draft night the jets trade their 4th rounder for Glennon.

IMO you are expecting too much in FA.  That is a bunch of money, particularly in the secondary.  The difference in salary between Maxwell and Cromartie should be as much as $5M per.  You are adding 2 top level CBs in FA and McCourty?  Then drafting one?  Plus signing Jarrett back?  I know they have a bunch of money, but I don't think they could afford to do everything you are planning and even if they could, other teams are going to be signing guys.  The Jets don't get everyone.  Bulaga is not going to come cheap and he is a tackle, not a G.  I would expect him to push Breno.  Did you plan to move him to G?

You are probably correct but thats why it's a mock, right?  if I could get two of Cromartie, Culliver or Maxwell or even Jackson, I would be happy.  I don't think Cro will cost that much and neither should Spiller.   We also need to go hard after McCourty; this team really needs secondary help.   You are right I meant to list Bulaga as a T, Breno sucked last year and we have a few decent Guard prospects in Dozier and Aboushi. Alot of this depends on how contracts are structured.   I would like to bring Jack back but if he signs elsewhere that is even more reason to bring in McCourty.  Brian Hoyer should also come pretty cheap as the vet back up to Geno (Mariota will not be starting next year). 

The reason I draft a CB, is 1. at that spot he is probably the best value, and 2. Cro will probably be gone after 1 year we still need corner who can develop and be ready to take over the following year.  

Guess I was wrong.  You can sign all the defensive backs.  We are certainly trying.

I agree with your Anthony Statement. Dude Looks Special to me. Some would look at his stats and make judgement, but I really like the way he moves on the field.

As for Kikaha, Im on board with that too. I noticed that you made a thread about him. I made a thread about him here a month or two ago. He can Play DE/OLB/ILB with his Body type and what I like is that he plays smart, very intelligent on the Football field.

However, given the past 24 hours of free agency and the stupidity that Chip Kelly is going, I dont think that we trade down (atleast with Philly) and if we stay at 6 I really think that the Jets will draft Vic Beasley. You got two shutdown Corners, one of the best dline's in the league and you add Beasley with one of the most impressive first steps I have ever seen on a human being.

The next couple months will be interesting. I hope that on draft night the jets trade their 4th rounder for Glennon.

We are in agreement.  In fact I would be okay if we took Beasley at 6 and Anthony in the 2nd.  I know the fans would freak out but our defense would be off the chain.   I would also be okay (I think) with bringing in Glennon for 4th rounder.  Use our 3rd for the best RB/OL/WR available and lets go to war!  Beasley could be the second coming of Derrick Thomas.  His ceiling is that high. 

We are in agreement.  In fact I would be okay if we took Beasley at 6 and Anthony in the 2nd.  I know the fans would freak out but our defense would be off the chain.   I would also be okay (I think) with bringing in Glennon for 4th rounder.  Use our 3rd for the best RB/OL/WR available and lets go to war!  Beasley could be the second coming of Derrick Thomas.  His ceiling is that high. 

I definitely prefer getting Glennon for a 4th, I always say a 3rd because if I was Tampa I wouldnt give up a guy like him for less than a 3rd. But there's always more than one way to Skin a cat as the saying goes. If we did go beasley and Anthony in the first 2 rounds then we would have to Keep that 3rd rounder for a WR. At this Point though Im not sure if the Jets are able to do this unless they can sign Marcus Gilchrist. If they dont we will Need to draft a FS and the guy that I am eyeing is Derron Smith from Fresno State. I believe that we can get him in the 3rd. So if we dont get a FS in FA then we may not be able to get Anthony in the 2nd round given that we will have to get that WR for our Slot and ultimately the Player that we hope will take over for Marshall when he's done playing for us.

I believe Beasley is legit. He's not like those Dion Jordan's or the kid that we seen the Browns take a couple years ago. This guy has a specific skill and he uses it well on the Football field. His Hands are very active and contribute to making Plays, so its not like he's just using Speed against slower guys, he has technique. If the Jets dont trade down from #6 I believe Beasley will be the pick if he's on the board, just based on the fact that our HC is blitz happy.

Archived