Sign in to follow this  
kelly

Brandt Report : Jets, Dolphins, Eagles among teams with best offseasons so far ~ ~ ~

Lost in the debate over whether we need to keep hearing about how awesome Mike Maccagnan Is or not was Gil Brandt's opinion of Geno Smith:

Hope Gil's right on his appraisal. We're a better team if Geno can do what Fitz does (manage a game) and can add the athleticism he can bring to the position.

I still think Fitz comes out of the Pre-Season games as the Game 1 starter.

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

Gil Brandt has forgotten more about football than most people learn in a lifetime.

To me Gil Brandts like EF Hutton, when he speaks you should listen.

If you've ever had the privaledge to listen to Gil on Sirius NFL radio it's pretty amazing. Not only does this guy know where these young kids are from, he knows their parents name, high school coaches, juco schools ect.

He's a wealth of knowledge that blows away his cohosts.

This dude built the Cowboys early dynasties & still is as sharp as a tack.

The Jets have done good if Gil says so.

I agree Gil Brandt is awesome and is so knowledgeable..   When ever he is on I stop to listen I also like Pat Kirwan (former Jet) on Sirius.

Great offseason, no one could have scripted it better. But we're at least a year away. This offseason's additions, along with another great draft next year, should set us up to legitimate contenders in 2016 and 2017. Maccagnan needs to find us an average QB though...

Nope, wrong answer buddy boy. This is the year.

do you think Bruce Irvin could be a target to really shore up that OLB since Seattle is giving some contract problems #Jetsmail

@RichCimini : Funny thing is, Rocco, the Jets wanted to draft Bruce Irvin in 2012, but they ended up with Quinton Coples. No, I don't think Irvin will be a target even if he becomes available. They drafted Lorenzo Mauldin for a reason, and his development would be stunted if he somehow ended up playing behind Irvin. Even though Irvin is a solid player, he's not a difference-maker. He had 6.5 sacks last season, including only two on third down. The Jets have enough bodies at outside linebacker, including young players like Trevor Reilly and IK Enemkpali. Let's see what they can do before reaching for the panic button.

rest of above article :

>   http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/52087/can-geno-smith-carry-jets-to-playoffs-with-alex-smith-type-season

miscellaneous-judge-morals-pot-kettle-bl

We have been touted as having a top 5 off-season for 4 weeks now.... we all know it.

It's time to focus on play vs. Hype.

Is Kelly your Girlfriend?

You wish you were Kelly's bottom man...

The article by Gil Brandt just came out yesterday. why not enjoy it? If you're bored by compliments, you can always dredge up a thread about how the Jets don't have a quarterback and  can't possibly win anything if that makes you feel better. These articles are totally in the moment and have no predictive value, but they're still nice to see. I'll say it again, the Jets did an outstanding job this off-season. That much it seems everyone agrees on, except a handful of posters here, of course.

I'm bored waiting for the next phase to start.  The article the OP posted is another rehash of things anyone who frequents is message board has seen/read countless times already.  Not that this is anything wrong with that :)

So I'd say anyone who seems to be complaining in this threat is probably just bored too.  

I'm bored waiting for the next phase to start.  The article the OP posted is another rehash of things anyone who frequents is message board has seen/read countless times already.  Not that this is anything wrong with that :)

So I'd say anyone who seems to be complaining in this threat is probably just bored too.  

> http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aSu2Z5QK_-I/Ukq1IS1vm7I/AAAAAAAAAnw/3iBhxwbuaK8/s1600/sheldon-smile.gif