The finished product?

Jetster

With our Jets jumping out to a 3-1 start we got exactly what we needed as our coaching still mold this 2015 team. We've seen 4 games and still haven't seen the complete team having to sit Ivory, Decker, Mauldin, Reilly for one of those games.

We're still yet to see one game with all of our WRs available & I'm hoping that starts vs the Redskins. Smith & Owusu have yet to line up together in a 4 wide set.

Owusu was a breakout player ready to explode before getting hurt. Smith is a work in progress who has some Jet fans rueing the pick but I think he's gonna be a handful when we start getting him the ball with room to run. With Marshall & Decker drawing so much attention it's just a matter of time before Gailey draws up plays to get Owusu & Smith involved. Owusu & Smith are take it to the house receivers if you hit them in stride in the seams, game breaking, back breaking TDs.

Six young players that will be helping Bowles reach that finished product are Mauldin, Reilly, Pryor, Bailey, McDougle & Milliner. Each & every one of these guys gets to learn from Bowles the nuances of his defenses in the film room without being forced in as starters. Bowles has already started integrating Reilly & Mauldin. Last week he brought in Bailey after Pryor went down & you know he's grooming Dougs for spot duty as the season moves on. Pryor will get better as he gains more experience & while others here have Milliner as a finished product (meaning finished), I think Bowles will find a use for him in the 2nd half of the season in his creative defenses (maybe as a 3rd free safety?).

The most interesting piece of the puzzle will be Sheldon Richardsons return which will number 1 bolster the run defense & number 2 allow Leo to get some rest & continue to get better & better. We've already been chasing QBs, Sheldon is our best defensive player! 

Finally, you know Gailey hasn't put in the entire offense as it relates to all of the WRs being healthy. I'm sure each week, based on the success of certain formations he'll add a new twist with regards to where we have players lined up depending on the opponent. It's gonna be awesome to watch this team grow over the next 12 games. Their upside is tremendous.

Archived