Cimini Article on Lack of Sacks Allowed by O-line

AFJF

right, just don't turn the ball over and let the defense win the game. you just better hope the defense can sustain this level of play against better offenses

No reason to believe they won't.  Best unit they've had in my 28 years as a fan and they've made deep playoff runs with a 12 TD 20 INT 55% QB.  I forget his name but he's a back-up somewhere for a 2-3 team.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More TD's than INT's and 60% comp pct or better is plenty good for this team.  He'll do that frequently enough to make a run at the playoffs.  I'm happy about that.

it's good enough if the D gets multiple turnovers a game sure. Little dink and dunk passers like fitz should have a much higher comp % though than that

it's good enough if the D gets multiple turnovers a game sure 

They don't need the multiple turnovers...they just  need to keep the points against below 17 ppg.  No reason why they shouldn't.

No reason to believe they won't.  Best unit they've had in my 28 years as a fan and they've made deep playoff runs with a 12 TD 20 INT 55% QB.  I forget his name but he's a back-up somewhere for a 2-3 team.

8-8 is no way to go thru life mon, Bellie's gameplan vs Fitzy will take him less than 5 minutes. re-watch pats-dallas game, that is what you will see and Dal OL > Jets OL

we have the horses on D to get that interior pressure on Brady, the slot corner skrine to cover Edelman, put Revis on gronk and hope it limits their passing game enough to win

Oh believe me, I know we SHOLD match up with them better than any team in the NFL.  However, they always find "a way" to win.  Until they don't win the division or TB and BB are gone, I'll expect misery when they play NE.

8-8 is no way to go thru life mon, Bellie's gameplan vs Fitzy will take him less than 5 minutes. re-watch pats-dallas game, that is what you will see and Dal OL > Jets OL

Okay, so if BB can slow down Fitzy, what's he gonna' do to Geno?

If you watched jets vs pats last year, geno had decent game. Bellie has to repsect his arm and his legs, For Fitzy all he has to respect is his beard

If Geno is the answer to beating the Pats, Jets should put him on the trade market for multiple first rounders...teams will be banging down the door.

If Geno is the answer to beating the Pats, Jets should put him on the trade market for multiple first rounders...teams will be banging down the door.

Geno isn't the answer by any means but if the team is in a hole and needs points he's probably the best option. That's the rub with fitz, when you're in a passing situation the offense becomes completely one dimensional 

I didnt say that mon, with Fitzy at helm jets have no shot unless Mo decapitates Cindy

Fitz is infinitely smarter than Geno, doesn't run toward opposite goal line under pressure, puts enough points on the board to give them a chance to win.  Geno?  Great with zero pressure as the season winds down, absolutely atrocious otherwise.

Geno in 2 NFL seasons:

Weeks 1-13: 15 TD's 30 INT's

Weeks 14-17: 10 TD's 4 INT's

God, that's never easy to look at.

Fitz is infinitely smarter than Geno, doesn't run toward opposite goal line under pressure, puts enough points on the board to give them a chance to win.  Geno?  Great with zero pressure as the season winds down, absolutely atrocious otherwise.

Geno in 2 NFL seasons:

we haven't even seen pressure this season outside of Philly and we all saw how that game went 

Geno in 2 NFL seasons:

when has Fitz EVER come through in a high pressure game?

we haven't even seen pressure this season outside of Philly and we all saw how that game went 

I'll defer to Mike Westhoff's post-game comments on that.  I believe his exact words were "It's hard for any quarterback to throw the ball with an offensive lineman in his lap".

Geno in 2 NFL seasons:

First of all Geno should have never played in year 1, that was Iddy's/Rexey boneheaded move, he wasnt ready, just as A Rodgers wasnt ready. to evaluate geno give him a real OC and some real weapons, then you can decide to move on. Fitzy fooled the jills into a mega-contract and has drifted every year to a different gig

when has Fitz EVER come through in a high pressure game?

Fitz has only ever played on atrocious football teams so he's never had a high pressure game.  However, he's been productive at different points of a season, not just the final four games as a lost season winds down...you know, when Geno drags his numbers up from worst in the NFL to arguably better than one or two other QB's.

First of all Geno should have never played in year 1, that was Iddy's/Rexey boneheaded move, he wasnt ready, just as A Rodgers wasnt ready. to evaluate geno give him a real OC and some real weapons, then you can decide to move on. Fitzy fooled the jills into a mega-contract and has drifted every year to a different gig

For years I believed the theory that ANY NFL QB, given time to throw, will find an open receiver and pick you apart.  Mythbusters could use his game film to debunk that in a heartbeat.

Fitz has only ever played on atrocious football teams so he's never had a high pressure game.  However, he's been productive at different points of a season, not just the final four games as a lost season winds down...you know, when Geno drags his numbers up from worst in the NFL to arguably better than one or two other QB's.

that's not true, had some chances in Buf w/ decent teams and failed miserably as the calendar turned to November.

For years I believed the theory that ANY NFL QB, given time to throw, will find an open receiver and pick you apart.  Mythbusters could use his game film to debunk that in a heartbeat.

well let's see what fitzy does vs Pats...

that's not true, had some chances in Buf w/ decent teams and failed miserably as the calendar turned to November.

Decent teams?  Which decent teams did he have in Buffalo?  I must have been overseas that year and completely missed it, and every stat I've looked up consistently had their defenses among the worst in the NFL.

Decent teams?  Which decent teams did he have in Buffalo?  I must have been overseas that year and completely missed it, and every stat I've looked up consistently had their defenses among the worst in the NFL.

They were 5-2 in 2011 w/ the Jets coming to town.  what did ole' Fitzy do?  led his O to 11 pts w/ 8 of them coming in garbage time.

next week: led O to 7 pts at 8-8 Dallas

next week: led O to 6 pts in garbage time at awful Miami

but it was all the fault of the D. I guess that is why he is on his 7th team in the last decade.

They were 5-2 in 2011 w/ the Jets coming to town.  what did ole' Fitzy do?  led his O to 11 pts w/ 8 of them coming in garbage time.

but it was all the fault of the D. I guess that is why he is on his 7th team in the last decade.

But he knows Chan's playbook and can read thru his progressions said a movie maven once

Yeah, I guess a bad three game stretch should usher a quarterback out the door, right?

But hey, give me a rundown on all the great things Geno did last season.  Which one was your favorite?

Was it getting completely shut down in the second half against the Packers when he led his team to a FG?

Was it a pick six on the first series against the Bears in a game that they lost by 8 points?

Was it against the Lions when he completed 51% of his passes in a game that they lost by one TD?

Was it against San Diego when he skipped a team meeting to go watch Gone Girl, missed open recievers all day, finishing 4-12 before getting benched?

Was it the pick-6 he threw against the Broncos when the Jets had the ball and a chance to tie?

Was it missing a wide open receiver for a 2 pt conversion against the Pats that would have tied the game?

Was it against the Bills when he attempted 8 passes and had more interceptions (3) than completions (2) and a QBR of 0.0?

Was it the game-ending interception against the Dolphins on a potential game-winning drive at home?

Was it the pick six he threw against the Vikings in the game that they lost in overtime?

Was it the second game against New England when he missed a wide open Percy Harvin for what would have been a TD in a game they lost by 1 point?

But he knows Chan's playbook and can read thru his progressions said a movie maven once

I wonder why Todd Bowles still has him starting and the team is 3-1.  So strange.  Have you guys tried to contact the Jets to show them Fitz's box scores from five years ago?

Yeah, I guess a bad three game stretch should usher a quarterback out the door, right?

But hey, give me a rundown on all the great things Geno did last season.  Which one was your favorite?

Was it getting completely shut down in the second half against the Packers when he led his team to a FG?

Was it a pick six on the first series against the Bears in a game that they lost by 8 points?

Was it against the Lions when he completed 51% of his passes in a game that they lost by one TD?

Was it against San Diego when he skipped a team meeting to go watch Gone Girl, missed open recievers all day, finishing 4-12 before getting benched?

Was it the pick-6 he threw against the Broncos when the Jets had the ball and a chance to tie?

Was it missing a wide open receiver for a 2 pt conversion against the Pats that would have tied the game?

Was it against the Bills when he attempted 8 passes and had more interceptions (3) than completions (2) and a QBR of 0.0?

Was it the game-ending interception against the Dolphins on a potential game-winning drive at home?

Was it the pick six he threw against the Vikings in the game that they lost in overtime?

Was it the second game against New England when he missed a wide open Percy Harvin for what would have been a TD in a game they lost by 1 point?

you keep deflecting w/ the geno stuff, I am NOT calling for Fitz to be benched.  I am just stating a fact that if he plays like he has against better teams we will not win.

and please stop w/ the unfair comparison to Geno last year as if nothing changed besides the QBs.

you keep deflecting w/ the geno stuff, I am NOT calling for Fitz to be benched.  I am just stating a fact that if he plays like he has against better teams we will not win.

and please stop w/ the unfair comparison to Geno last year as if nothing changed besides the QBs.

exactly I don't know why any criticism of fitz ends up finger pointing at geno like "he sucks worse!" You don't get to makes excuses for poor play by pointing out another players past failures

Archived