Reality check

Jetster

I've mentioned this before, this team isn't close to be good enough to overcome any injuries, let alone the rash of them they are incurring each week. Honestly, is it really that big a deal that we lost Ryan Fitzpatrick? The idea would be preposterous after last year ended if you were told that Fitzpatrick would be our starter & after he's injured the entire Jet fan base falls into a deep depression,lol.

None of our recent draft picks are contributing in a big way and the ones that have flashed can't stay healthy. Our two edge setters have zero speed & can't get off blocks to save their lives. Pace is a fossil & I can't wait until I don't have to watch Coples constantly in a stalemate while everyone runs inside or around him before he even looks up. Not only does Coples get tied up, Olineman make it look EASY.

Everything we thought about Cromarty was true, he's finished, old, has lost his youthful atheticism and he's collecting a big pay check to pay his child support. Geno? Feast or famine & after 2 & 1/2 years he still doesn't get that the sideline is your friend. You can use it so they can't hurt you. You can toss the ball into it so you don't lose yardage (there is no doubt in my mind that Bowles was beside himself when Geno lost 4 yards on a 3rd & 1 by not throwing the ball away?) 

I'm guilty, I got sucked in again. I started believing maybe, just maybe, the Jets could make some noise. But this weekend brought me back to earth. We have no QB, no edge rushers, we're bottom 5 in sacks, EVERY SINGLE ONE of our playmakers are hurt in some way,lol.

Decker (knee), Ivory (quad/hammy), Marshall (toe, ankle) are all hurt. Our vaunted 50 million dollar secondary are dropping like flies. As a long time Jet fan, I'm just disappointed that I let my expectations get too high. Like our new coach I should have known to stay even keeled & taken it one game at a time. The next 9 games are gonna be pretty interesting. I'm sure Mac sees what we see, like someone said, Rome wasn't built in a day. Mac still has a lot of work to do & Bowles needs to have some more f*cking URGENCY!

Archived