This site won't be "real cool" until.....

R44

He is the HOF'er of HOF'ers. He is in demand on about 12 boards right now, so I don't think we'll ever get him full-time, unfortunately. We shall see, though. I offered him a column on the front page and everything. You know how free agents are. :lol:

Actually the only thing this site REALLY needs is for someone to hogtie GJ and get him over here full time.

I demand Ham.

I agree!

I don't think i've ever met a more draft knowledgable, respectful poster than him.

Hey SP...thanks for checking in.

Speaking of respected fans you may root for the wrong team but you always have a good attitude and your posts are good.

Thanks for the kind words, Maxman. I am so impressed with how quickly the pages open here. I am not used to that. I may go on a posting spree just cause' i can for once. :lol:

We did a lot of research and worked with a Web Consultant. He looked into other fan sites and the common problems they encounter. We tried to address them all from the start.

I am not saying that we are perfect or that we won't have issues. But our hit count is at numbers we were told we wouldn't see until week 6 (best case). Regardless we tried to go overkill on the bandwith and on the server itself!

Again we have to keep our fingers crossed but we hope that it will continue. The early returns are good.

We also put the interval between posts at 10 seconds. So POST AWAY!!!

Sounds great and also might be useful information i can pass on to my Steelers site owner. The most consistant problems we have there are that we get that "error: can't find website" thing and quite often the pages take forever to load.

Quick question. It is one of theose .org sites, would that have anything to do with it?

Sounds great and also might be useful information i can pass on to my Steelers site owner. The most consistant problems we have there are that we get that "error: can't find website" thing and quite often the pages take forever to load.

Quick question. It is one of theose .org sites, would that have anything to do with it?

Nah the domain name suffix shouldn't matter. We spent time researching and tried to go with the most reputable web host we could find.

But don't let me come off like an expert. I am just a rookie. Tomorrow this server will crash and the masses will be calling for my head!

all fine and dandy until you get that first donation and then the site will crash quicker than tomshane on a 15 year old boy... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

We did a lot of research and worked with a Web Consultant. He looked into other fan sites and the common problems they encounter. We tried to address them all from the start.

I am not saying that we are perfect or that we won't have issues. But our hit count is at numbers we were told we wouldn't see until week 6 (best case). Regardless we tried to go overkill on the bandwith and on the server itself!

Again we have to keep our fingers crossed but we hope that it will continue. The early returns are good.

We also put the interval between posts at 10 seconds. So POST AWAY!!!

This site won't be "real cool" until.....

....Arsenal makes his way over here with a mock draft =P~

Unfortunately there have been too many 15 and 16 year olds at JI that are dominating the board with posts- we have gotten the more mature sophisticated posters over here (at least people that pretend to be).

Unfortunately there have been too many 15 and 16 year olds at JI that are dominating the board with posts- we have gotten the more mature sophisticated posters over here (at least people that pretend to be).

Well we will just try to keep it fun here at all costs. Ultimately, that is the goal!

Archived