Let's be honest:

PantyHose&Furs

I've been reading the various opinions on this message board for years.

I am 100% confident that for the most part the posters here understand the NFL, understand the Jets, etc. and generally get it.

That said I think there are a few items that we all have to agree on and will hopefully add a little perspective:

1. If someone told you in August with 3 games remaining we'd be in 1st place in the division, would have beaten the Pats, defeated a previously undefeated team 10 weeks into the season and be in control of our destiny for the AFC East title we all would have signed up on the spot.
  2. C'mon, we all know in today's NFL there are tremendous shifts in momentum/sentiment from week to week because of all the parity. Crap teams beat good teams. Great teams lose. Mediocre teams win when they shouldn't. It happends every year. The lesson: Just play the next game.

Don't get me wrong. I get it. I've almost broken two coffee tables in the past 3 weeks b/c of our rediculous performances (we gotta stop rushing 3 guys)...

But...I'm also smart enough to avoid the sky is falling, week to week emotional rollercoaster that is the NFL season.

We just gotta beat Buffalo and see what the other teams do.

Then we gotta figure out a way to beat Seattle.

Let's keep it simple guys.

Of course I would've have taken this position at the beginning of the season, BUT it's looking like disaster is on the horizon/already here.

What should we draw upon to instill confidence after the last 2 weeks?

This Bills game is the turning point. A strong showing I feel were back in it. A tepid performance, win or not, and were going nowhere fast.

I am 100% confident that for the most part the posters here understand the NFL, understand the Jets, etc. and generally get it.

That said I think there are a few items that we all have to agree on and will hopefully add a little perspective:

1. If someone told you in August with 3 games remaining we'd be in 1st place in the division, would have beaten the Pats, defeated a previously undefeated team 10 weeks into the season and be in control of our destiny for the AFC East title we all would have signed up on the spot.
  2. C'mon, we all know in today's NFL there are tremendous shifts in momentum/sentiment from week to week because of all the parity. Crap teams beat good teams. Great teams lose. Mediocre teams win when they shouldn't. It happends every year. The lesson: Just play the next game.

Don't get me wrong. I get it. I've almost broken two coffee tables in the past 3 weeks b/c of our rediculous performances (we gotta stop rushing 3 guys)...

But...I'm also smart enough to avoid the sky is falling, week to week emotional rollercoaster that is the NFL season.

Re number 1. If you would have included what happened the last two weeks

and that our rivals have a very easy schedule the remainder of the season maybe

I would have been a basket case from August to the present. LOL

Being a sports fan is to be on the emotional rollercoaster week to week. Thats what I love about sports. The highs and lows throughout a season. Yeah we are still in a good spot and Im happy with that, but I live for the journey to the end of the season.

Archived