Pick a QB in the 4th.

13 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Payton Wilson.

Do It Lets Get This Done GIF

I kinda agree.  He's one of those "look up football player in the dictionary and see a picture of him" type guys.  There are injury concerns but if there weren't he would have been long gone.  He'd be the perfect guy to groom to replace Mosley's spot, while still getting a good amount of playing time year one.

I'd be all for it.  Still have two more picks in the 4th to add a QB and then the best available of DT, RB, OG, S, whatever.

32 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Its meant to be, check out the comp at the bottom 

4426339.png&h=192&w=192&scale=crop

6'0"211 lbsSouth Carolina
7POS RK
98OVR RK
71GRADE

dm_240416_NFL_Highlight_Spencer_Rattler_reel.jpgplay

0:53

Pre-Draft Analysis

Rattler was productive despite protection issues and the lack of a consistent ground game in his two seasons at South Carolina. He has the physical traits -- starting with his arm strength and quick release -- to develop into an NFL starter. He can drive the ball downfield and rip passes into tight windows. Rattler did not test well at the combine, but he has the quick feet to escape collapsing pockets and extend plays on tape. -- Steve Muench

Matt Miller's pro comp: Zach Wilson

LMAO 😂 

Lazy comp

Rattler’s bounce pass rate is nowhere near as high as ZW’s

I like Michael Pratt of Tulane. He is 6'3" and 220lbs and will pick up the first on a run. He played in some big games and performed well. Beat USC in the Cotton Bowl 2 years ago. 

And there is another QB, that interests me. He gets better per game. And didn't have the greatest weapons on his team but he went out and beat Oklahoma and other good teams for Kansas. His name Jason Bean.  He is 6'1" and 195lbs and ran the 40 faster than any quarterback at the combine. and it wasn't even close. But he can also spin the ball pretty good. His QB rating this year was 82.9. Higher than Pratt, Milton and Rattler.   

8 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

This guy couldn't hit the ocean of he fell out a boat

But the miss would look SPECTACULAR.

Seriously, I think the odds of him becoming a meaningfully good NFL quarterback are remarkably low. They’re also probably higher than anybody left, save maybe Rattler. He’s just also got a lower probability than probably anybody left of sticking as a backup. My favorite thing about him is flashes of his ability to navigate the pocket when pressured.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, nycdan said:

Maybe a RB in there as well.  Or are we standing pat with Izzy?

For me, best available player for the positions we need.  QB, running back, safety, another wide receiver, linebacker and defensive tackle would all be on the table for me.  If an interior offensive lineman is far and away the best value, I would be okay with that as well.

For everyone wanting us to draft a tight end, forget it!  LOL

10 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Perfect spot to have someone sit and actually soak the knowledge up.  Lots of great guys still

left.  Do it the right way

So, as someone who doesn’t know anything about these prospects I have to ask:

If there are lots of great guys [at QB] still, does that mean there are 3-4 or more NFL starters still to come from day three this draft class, after six QBs from this class have already been taken?

Pratt is the guy for me.  Good pocket presence, will take off and run if nothing is there.  Also, very willing to stay put and take a hit to deliver the ball when a guy breaks open late.  

Travis has the backpedaling problem.  If he doesn’t like what he sees, a switch goes off in his brain to retreat. The Zach Wilson instinct.  No bueno.

Rattler.  Meh.  Ball placement just OK, not good enough for the NFL.   His team didn’t win.  He looks like more of an athlete than a QB to me.   Legette is impressive, though.  

2 hours ago, derp said:

But the miss would look SPECTACULAR.

Seriously, I think the odds of him becoming a meaningfully good NFL quarterback are remarkably low. They’re also probably higher than anybody left, save maybe Rattler. He’s just also got a lower probability than probably anybody left of sticking as a backup. My favorite thing about him is flashes of his ability to navigate the pocket when pressured.

My favorite thing is he has an unlicensed Howitzer attached to his shoulder.

With that said, Pratt is the right choice for our team, right now, in the 4th.

Milton III should be the backup plan in the 6th.

No to Rattler, too many comps to Zach Wilson.