Looks like I need a laptop.

Bob

My wife's phucking cat knocked my beloved HP laptop off a table and busted the power port. The guy at the computer shop tells me this is a hugely expensive repair and my Googling confirms that.

In addition to wasting time on JN, Facebook and AIM, I use my machine for a lot of word processing, some website building and video editing and managing my audio and video files. I deny any knowledge of ripping and backing up DVDs ;).

Anyway, this machine looks like it would serve my needs at a reasonable price. I'd like input from the geeks among us.

Mac evangelists, please don't waste your time or mine. I'm writing this post on a Mac and I hate it.

That's a great price. Only thing to keep in mind is the battery is getting low reviews, so if you're expecting delayed portable sessions (say, more than two hours off charge) that laptop could be a problem. According to the user reviews, that seems to be the only major weakness. If you have it more as a desktop-replacement or with a charger/outlet somewhere nearby you'll be fine. I have no experience with HP, but I'm sure they're not bad. Lenovo's good because they avoid bloatware and are solid business laptops, but I'd suggest something like what you linked for the price value thing.

Yeah. Battery life is not impressive, but that's not a big issue for me. I figure there's a chance I might be able to use the 12-cell battery I bought for my current laptop, too.

It figures this machine is out of stock. I've signed up for alerts. If one of the three stores near me gets some in, or if they become available for shipping, I'm gonna pull the trigger.

I'd still like to kill the phucking cat.

Looks like a sweet deal Bob. I'd still get something ported for XP if I had to buy today - but the day will come before long when thats not practical. Looks great from a processability standpoint.

It would look a lot better if they actually had any. This is looking more and more like a bait-and-switch deal. Bastards.

bob be careful with circuit city they are bankrupt id be weary about this purchase especially for warranty work

I went in knowing that. I declined their offers for long-term service plans. :) HP offers a one-year warranty. I'll know if there are problems within that time frame.

Archived